Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jags Overtake Cajuns in Fourth Inning and Hold on For Series Win

1. Default Jags Overtake Cajuns in Fourth Inning and Hold on For Series Win

South Alabama had eight consecutive batters reach base in the fourth inning which produced four runs to give the Jaguars the lead and closer Kyle Bartsch snuffed out a Ragin’ Cajuns rally in the eighth inning to preserve a 5-3 win Sunday afternoon at Stanky Field.

Default Re: Jags Overtake Cajuns in Fourth Inning and Hold on For Series Win

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

South Alabama had eight consecutive batters reach base in the fourth inning which produced four runs to give the Jaguars the lead and closer Kyle Bartsch snuffed out a Ragin’ Cajuns rally in the eighth inning to preserve a 5-3 win Sunday afternoon at Stanky Field.

We suck this year.

8 one run loss ballgames so far

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    8 one run loss ballgames so far
    Exactly. Good teams win these games. We just are not that good. Ow well. There is always next year.

Recruiting.

Coaching.

Youth.

just tired of losing no matter what the reason!

I'm not terribly excited about the young hitters on this team other than Butler and Conrad and looking over high school and JUCO accolades of next years recruiting class there aren't any big studs either. With only 6 recruits and only 4 hitters those few guys we are bringing in are going to have to really contribute or our existing players are going to have to get a lot better.

I do like our returning pitching with Austin, Cord, Kellogg, Hicks, Griffitt, Harrison, Traffica and if one of the 2 pitching recruits can pitch we will be in good shape yet again with the pitching staff. I have been very impressed with Cord and Harrison's stuff this year and we may have a draft issue with Harrison as he was drafted late out of high school.

10. Default Re: Jags Overtake Cajuns in Fourth Inning and Hold on For Series Win

Caught the internet view of the game Sunday after two days of not working. The two USA announcers had an opinion about our lack of hitting. Not saying it has merrit, but they feel Robe gives a lot of the schlorship value to pitchers and tries to coach up the hitters. They seemed fine with that because either youj can or cannot pitch. The felt also almost anyone with some hitting ability can be coached to play small ball with bunting being such a major part of the Cajun offense.

That is the opposition view. They offered no view about why their team is not longer in the upper tier, but lamented how sad it is this series does not mean what it used to with both programs struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by BGlass29 View Post
    I'm not terribly excited about the young hitters on this team
    Buddy, for once in a long while I sort of like what I see with the hitters. Butler and Conrad are going to be just fine, but Leonards, Compton, and Girouard can hit pretty well. We need some production from the outfield positions, and I dont see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Clampett View Post
    Buddy, for once in a long while I sort of like what I see with the hitters. Butler and Conrad are going to be just fine, but Leonards, Compton, and Girouard can hit pretty well. We need some production from the outfield positions, and I dont see that coming.
    francia was actually coming around before he got hurt. i think the injury set him back a bit. if snowden or jones can come around you will have a pretty good outfield.

I agree with that crazy, I just havent seen them hit enough yet. I like Snow against right handed pitching.

I agree with you on Compton and Leonards being strong hitters, but I was mainly just thinking about the Freshman. Girouard is a guy who looks offensive at the plate and has had some success early, but we desperately need 2 more Butler/Compton type hitters and I just don't see it in any of our players currently. I really think Dylan is going to learn as a hitter and make more contact next year after a summer of good baseball and a year of maturity and Compton has shown what the extra year of good summer baseball and maturity can do for a hitter. It will be interesting, but I hope we are going to bring in some hitters over the next 2-3 years.

Also it would be nice to see what Dylan could do with some protection.

Quote Originally Posted by BGlass29 View Post
    I agree with you on Compton and Leonards being strong hitters, but I was mainly just thinking about the Freshman. Girouard is a guy who looks offensive at the plate and has had some success early, but we desperately need 2 more Butler/Compton type hitters and I just don't see it in any of our players currently. I really think Dylan is going to learn as a hitter and make more contact next year after a summer of good baseball and a year of maturity and Compton has shown what the extra year of good summer baseball and maturity can do for a hitter. It will be interesting, but I hope we are going to bring in some hitters over the next 2-3 years.

Also it would be nice to see what Dylan could do with some protection.
    I agree with you there Buddy. I didnt realize you were talking about just the Freshmen. I really like the progress Girouard has made. I saw him hit in the Red Black series before his redshirt year. He didnt look to good at the plate. He has progressed way beyond what I would have thought. Hope he continues. A good glove at third as well.

Oh and that last sentence? No kidding!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information