Thread: Cajun games on TV

Default Cajun games on TV

Why might I ask does ULM have 6 games televised and we only have 4?
    When do they take precedence over us, or is this because they have put forth more money?

They have 4 games airing on an ESPN channel while we have 2

Check it out yourself
    http://www.sunbeltsports.org/ViewArt.RIBER_CONTENT=

I see Florida International has 10 games airing. Geez, what can we do for the future?

2. Default Re: Cajun games on TV

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    Why might I ask does ULM have 6 games televised and we only have 4?
    When do they take precedence over us, or is this because they have put forth more money?

They have 4 games airing on an ESPN channel while we have 2

Check it out yourself
    http://www.sunbeltsports.org/ViewArt.RIBER_CONTENT=

I see Florida International has 10 games airing. Geez, what can we do for the future?
    I would rather have the espn2 game and three others rather than the 6 without a true national tv game.

Who knows? Maybe cajuns games will be added last minute to espn regional and pay per view packages, as I think that has happened in the past. I have a hard time believing that the game with Texas A&M will not be picked up by some TV, at least a local Texas A&M pay per view or something.

Default Re: Cajun games on TV

Quote Originally Posted by miamicajun32
    I would rather have the espn2 game and three others rather than the 6 without a true national tv game.

Who knows? Maybe cajuns games will be added last minute to espn regional and pay per view packages, as I think that has happened in the past. I have a hard time believing that the game with Texas A&M will not be picked up by some TV, at least a local Texas A&M pay per view or something.
    At least we have all three of our road conference games televised. Note the schedule saying we are hosting FIU in a CSS TV game on Nov. 18 is incorrect. We are at FIU on Nov. 18. Which network is CSS. I am not familiar with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    At least we have all three of our road conference games televised. Note the schedule saying we are hosting FIU in a CSS TV game on Nov. 18 is incorrect. We are at FIU on Nov. 18. Which network is CSS. I am not familiar with them.
    Most of the penetration of CSS is in Florida, Georgia and Alabama. CSS is available nationally only through satellite.

Troy, FAU and FIU have a lot of games on CSS because they buy the time from CSS to get their team on. Not all of those games are televised live.

If you look at ULM, a couple of their televised games have nothing to do with them. They are on ESPN U because the U is featuring arkansas. They are on CSS vs. Alabama for obvious reasons as well.

And, I'm in agreement with the previous.we have a NATIONALLY TELEVISED GAME on our schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    Most of the penetration of CSS is in Florida, Georgia and Alabama. CSS is available nationally only through satellite.

Troy, FAU and FIU have a lot of games on CSS because they buy the time from CSS to get their team on. Not all of those games are televised live.

If you look at ULM, a couple of their televised games have nothing to do with them. They are on ESPN U because the U is featuring arkansas. They are on CSS vs. Alabama for obvious reasons as well.

And, I'm in agreement with the previous.we have a NATIONALLY TELEVISED GAME on our schedule.
    What does the acronym "CSS" stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    What does the acronym "CSS" stand for?
    Check out their site:

www.csssports.com

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    Check out their site:

www.csssports.com

Unless you live in Picayune, Louisiana you won't be seeing that station on cable in LA. That's the only town in LA that carries that station. I thought maybe I could see it in Eunice because they have Charter cable ( One of the C's in CCS) but the website says no. Only available to Picayune.

By the way BOP, really enjoyed your interviews with the Sunblet Coaches the other day.

UL Football Re: Cajun games on TV

Bop, do you think like an earlier poster stated, we may get some TV games added as the season progresses?

DaddyCajun

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    Unless you live in Picayune, Louisiana you won't be seeing that station on cable in LA. That's the only town in LA that carries that station. I thought maybe I could see it in Eunice because they have Charter cable ( One of the C's in CCS) but the website says no. Only available to Picayune.

By the way BOP, really enjoyed your interviews with the Sunblet Coaches the other day.
    Picayune is in Mississippi, CSS is on Directv on the sports package. That package is $12.00 per month.

Thread Information