Thread: More Bricked Entrance Ways Begin Construction!!!

UL Football More Bricked Entrance Ways Begin Construction!!!

At least 3 more bricked entrances to Cajun Field complex is getting underway!! I was on my way to work yesterday and saw several stacks of bricks by the Two gates on each side of the tunnel that goes under Cajundome Blvd. between the Cajundome and Cajun Field. Also a stack just off Reinhart into Cajun Field where the students catch the buses! I hope to see more brick at the Entrances where the students and most walk ups enter Cajun Field(THE SWAMP GATE PROJECT)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaddyCajun

Default Re: More Bricked Entrance Ways Begin Construction!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    At least 3 more bricked entrances to Cajun Field complex is getting underway!! I was on my way to work yesterday and saw several stacks of bricks by the Two gates on each side of the tunnel that goes under Cajundome Blvd. between the Cajundome and Cajun Field. Also a stack just off Reinhart into Cajun Field where the students catch the buses! I hope to see more brick at the Entrances where the students and most walk ups enter Cajun Field(THE SWAMP GATE PROJECT)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaddyCajun
    DC any idea which gates will be getting done? Also are there plans to redue to fencing all the way around the complex because in some places the fence looks bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    DC any idea which gates will be getting done? Also are there plans to redue to fencing all the way around the complex because in some places the fence looks bad.
    I believe more of the wrought iron fencing (like at Tigue Moore Field) is supposed to be installed all the way around the complex, but I don't know what the timeframe is for that.

UL Football Re: More Bricked Entrance Ways Begin Construction!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    I believe more of the wrought iron fencing (like at Tigue Moore Field) is supposed to be installed all the way around the complex, but I don't know what the timeframe is for that.
    Clutch and CDeb, that is the plan to eventually have the whole complex with the iron fencing that is already around Softball, Tennis and Baseball. I had propossed selling sections of fencing to companies and/or individuals puttins small placques to thank those who purchase the sections of fence.

Clutch, a total of 5 new gaitways will be errected, however I only saw 3 stacks of bricks as of the post that started this thread. One on each side of the Cajun Dome Tunnel, also the gate off of Reinhart that the Student Buses leave out from the parking lot. Others will be across from the Athletic office, and a new entrance at the track. There may actually be another one at the football practice field, not sure.

I am in hopes that the money need to buy the actual gates for the Swamp Gate Project has been raised so that the students do not feel slighted as I know this is NOT the AD's intention.

DaddyCajun

Clutch and CDeb, that is the plan to eventually have the whole complex with the iron fencing that is already around Softball, Tennis and Baseball. I had propossed selling sections of fencing to companies and/or individuals puttins small placques to thank those who purchase the sections of fence.

Clutch, a total of 5 new gaitways will be errected, however I only saw 3 stacks of bricks as of the post that started this thread. One on each side of the Cajun Dome Tunnel, also the gate off of Reinhart that the Student Buses leave out from the parking lot. Others will be across from the Athletic office, and a new entrance at the track. There may actually be another one at the football practice field, not sure.

I am in hopes that the money need to buy the actual gates for the Swamp Gate Project has been raised so that the students do not feel slighted as I know this is NOT the AD's intention.

DaddyCajun
    Thanks DC!!!

DaddyCajun

thanks daddycajun! things are gonne be lookin good come home opener!!!

7. Default Re: More Bricked Entrance Ways Begin Construction!!!

I can't recall Gate 6 being used much if at all, so how does this take precedence over the lingering Swamp Gate project?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I can't recall Gate 6 being used much if at all, so how does this take precedence over the lingering Swamp Gate project?
    I hear you big guy, I too can not imagine WHY the Swamp Gate has not yet been finished either.

DaddyCajun

ps I will call the man in the a.m.

All of them eventually! The TWO by the Cajun Dome tunnel and the one the Student Buses leave out of are being done now. The one by the Athletic offices will probably be done around the Indoor Facility construction. The New one by the track I am not sure when it will be done.

The Swamp Gates, who knows?

DaddyCajun

Thread Information