Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Painting The Swamp

Default Painting The Swamp

I just noticed yesterday the student side wall of fame if you will is being redone. The new paint was showing today, and it's actually vermillion. Does anyone know if the names are going back up there, and if so are they gonna be in script or hopefully a cleaner font. If anyone knows of anything else to look for at the stadium before the season starts please fill me in. I've got the fever.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: painting at The Swamp

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob
    I just noticed yesterday the student side wall of fame if you will is being redone. The new paint was showing today, and it's actually vermillion. Does anyone know if the names are going back up there, and if so are they gonna be in script or hopefully a cleaner font. If anyone knows of anything else to look for at the stadium before the season starts please fill me in. I've got the fever.

I hope that they don't write Ragin' Cajuns in Script again. They need to write it like the logo Looks.

UL Football Re: painting at The Swamp

Ditto! More consistancy is needed in all we do!

DaddyCajun

It would be great to repaint the retired jerseys/names. as for Ragin' Cajuns. yes, they need to boot the cursive

great to hear they're cleaning up shop!

wwwoooowwww!!!! Passed by the stadium after work. The Wall is BLACK with a RED trim. I know we're white and vermillion, but the black looks awesome and Im guessing will hold up better. If you get a chance to see it, check it out it looks great. I like the retired names but it looks so good without them. I'd like to see the Louisiana on top with ragin cajuns under it like on all the fences around the complex.

The names are going to be replaced by pictures of the athlete's in their hey day at USL, whether it be a mural or a picture I really don't know, but I do know there will be pictures with their names and numbers at the bottom.

Another question: Are they going to repaint the scoreboard? While most of it is still vermillion, the part around the screen that's pink kinda bothers me. I'm gonna try my hardest to be at the volunteer day this year but i'll leave the scoreboard to the pros. I don't like heights that much.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan64
    The names are going to be replaced by pictures of the athlete's in their hey day at USL, whether it be a mural or a picture I really don't know, but I do know there will be pictures with their names and numbers at the bottom.
    that should be killer!!!

9. UL Football Re: painting at The Swamp

Does anyone know if plans to pressure wash the stadium are in the cards. I know it would be a tough task but the stadium really looks bad!

Quote Originally Posted by barry0
    Does anyone know if plans to pressure wash the stadium are in the cards. I know it would be a tough task but the stadium really looks bad!

Five years ago the bid was 400k, and I suspect that it has greatly increased. Washing the stadium is not the problem, they have to seal it, and frankly there is a major concrete repair needed on the second deck where rain pours in from years of neglect. I do not think it is in the cards at this time.

11. Default Re: painting at The Swamp

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    Five years ago the bid was 400k, and I suspect that it has greatly increased. Washing the stadium is not the problem, they have to seal it, and frankly there is a major concrete repair needed on the second deck where rain pours in from years of neglect. I do not think it is in the cards at this time.
    400 thousand!!!!!!!?????? I will do it for 100 thousand. I can start when i get off work today!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan64
    They better not screw this thing up with murals of former players. Maybe hang some large banners similar to what they put up at Blackham for the basketball games last year. What they ought to do is just write the names (last name only, or emphasized heavily) and the numbers. That's it.

wwwoooowwww!!!! Passed by the stadium after work. The Wall is BLACK with a RED trim. I know we're white and vermillion, but the black looks awesome and Im guessing will hold up better. If you get a chance to see it, check it out it looks great. I like the retired names but it looks so good without them. I'd like to see the Louisiana on top with ragin cajuns under it like on all the fences around the complex.
    You could post flags with the names and numbers, like the Chicago Cubs do at Wrigley Field.

There will not be murals, just Jerseys with the hall of fame player's name on the back, along with their numbers.

15. Default Re: painting at The Swamp

I just noticed yesterday the student side wall of fame if you will is being redone.
    I inserted a picture of the new paint into post #1 . . . reserving judgement till I see the finished product.

What I would like to see is them take all the numbers out of retirement and instead make a bust, plaque or monument of some sort to continue alongside the one we already have for Keener Cagle. It would make the levee walk a tourist stop of sorts.

ps the 1st monument is real the next 5 are fake

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information