Thread: Tennessee and Louisiana to meet in 2007

1. UL Football Tennessee and Louisiana to meet in 2007

The University of Tennessee Athletic Department announced that the University of Central Florida has exercised its option, per contract, to cancel that game. Therefore, Tennessee has signed a contract to play Louisiana-La. on Nov. 3, 2007, in Knoxville.

The reshuffling of the 2007 football schedule keeps UT's home slate at seven games but eliminated a November open date.

Tennessee's 2007 open date is now Sept. 29, giving the Vols an extra week of preparation for SEC Eastern Division rival Georgia Oct. 6 in Knoxville.

The Vols' only previous meeting with Louisiana-La. came during the 1992 season, when UT posted a 38-3 win in Knoxville (Louisiana-La. was then known as Southwestern Louisiana). Tennessee owns a 3-1 all-time record against current members of the Sun Belt Conference, with the lone loss coming against North Texas in 1975 by a score of 21-14.

The rest of the story

Default Re: Tennessee and Louisiana to meet in 2007

looks like tenn might be 3-2 against the belt after 07

Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    looks like tenn might be 3-2 against the belt after 07
    seriously, we can beat these guys. bar everything we're talking about this season

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    seriously, we can beat these guys. bar everything we're talking about this season

yeah, will that be the 12th or 13th sec team sli/usl/ull has beaten in football? i lost count.

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    yeah, will that be the 12th or 13th sec team sli/usl/ull has beaten in football? i lost count.
    why must you be soooo inconsistent?

One minute you seem semi-decent, the next you're the stereo-typical lsu a**wipe.

Is there a method to your madness, sir?

L'Ronte'

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico
    why must you be soooo inconsistent?

One minute you seem semi-decent, the next you're the stereo-typical lsu a**wipe.

Is there a method to your madness, sir?

L'Ronte'
    ron, i'm having a bad day at the office; the ONLY pick-me-up i could think of was to hopefully get some humor on this site. i open it, and there it is, ull is gonna play with tennessee. i know fullmer is down, but my god, wouldn't y'all like to win ONE game against even an sec bottom-dweller first, or break the string of being the only 'CHARTER MEMBER OF D-1" never to be to a d-1 bowl game before getting cocky? but stick with the statements and the quick resort to the name-calling---stereotypical? pot and the kettle.

deb, corndogs yet?

my god, this hasn't been edited to "UL" yet--wake up somebody, censorship is what made america great!

deb, corndogs yet?
    Yup, with a side of girl parts.

ron, i'm having a bad day at the office; the ONLY pick-me-up i could think of was to hopefully get some humor on this site. i open it, and there it is, UL is gonna play with tennessee. i know fullmer is down, but my god, wouldn't y'all like to win ONE game against even an sec bottom-dweller first, or break the string of being the only 'CHARTER MEMBER OF D-1" never to be to a d-1 bowl game before getting cocky? but stick with the statements and the quick resort to the name-calling---stereotypical? pot and the kettle.

deb, corndogs yet?

Honestly, why do you get pleasure from coming on here and making fun of us cajun fans and our program. I don't know about you, but I tend to find fufillment in life when I do nice things for people, not when I bring them down. In fact, I tend to feel horrible when I bring people down. I'm just curious to hear why you feel so different.

not a bad quip larontay--"buy" would've made it so much better.
    wow. no ______

uggghhhh. I am humbled.

I will be back though.

L'Rontrelle

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico
    wow. no ______

uggghhhh. I am humbled.

I will be back though.

L'Rontrelle
    no really--i laughed out loud. excellent retort. no comeback necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    Sorry. but no. UT has top 10 classes piled up.

If we are gonna keep scheduling these money games, we need to go for some mid-level to bottom teir BCS teams that we can beat. when you are trying to climb the ladder of college football you can't skip the bottom steps.

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano
    Sorry. but no. UT has top 10 classes piled up.

If we are gonna keep scheduling these money games, we need to go for some mid-level to bottom teir BCS teams that we can beat. when you are trying to climb the ladder of college football you can't skip the bottom steps.
    Those mid to bottom tier BCS teams don't pay what we need to keep the program afloat at this point. Tennessee will pay 600 t0 700 thousand. Miss. State probably can't afford more than 200 thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    Those mid to bottom tier BCS teams don't pay what we need to keep the program afloat at this point. Tennessee will pay 600 t0 700 thousand. Miss. State probably can't afford more than 200 thousand.
    When given the choice of 2 beatings for a million dollars, or 1 beating and 2 excellent opportunities for a million dollars, I'll choose the second every time.

But, of course, this season, that would have required that we give up our HUGELY anticipated 6th home game with North Carolina A&T.

If we are not going to put any expectations on the quality of our non-conference wins, just schedule as many 1-AA home games as we can each year.

If all we care about is $$$, just schedule LSU/Tennessee/Texas/USC/ and Ohio State every year.

There are ways to do this that would give us wins against BCS programs. We are choosing not to do that right now.

There is absolutely no good reason that we haven't played Ole miss or Miss St. since 1987.

Thread Information