Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: 2006 LSU-45 UL-3

1. Default UL-LSU game now a sellout

The only tickets remaining on sale for the Sept. 2 University of Louisiana-LSU season opener are the 440 sitting at the Cajundome ticket office. And those probably won't be around very long.

LSU director of ticket operations Brian Broussard announced on Tuesday that the 7 p.m. game at Tiger Stadium was officially a sell-out, and that the LSU ticket office had no more available for the opener. The Tigers have less than 2,500 tickets left for their Sept. 9 second home game against Arizona.

UL received an allotment of 6,800 tickets for the LSU game. UL ticket manager Shivaun Bertrand said that as of late Monday afternoon, only 440 upper-deck tickets remained from that group.

"We've had a pretty consistent sale," Bertrand said. "I'm pretty sure we'll sell out. These will be gone by the time we close out that game."

tHE REST OF THE STORY

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

2. UL Football Re: Countdown to Kickoff 10 days

UL fact:
    The Cajuns' 5-2 mark in Sun Belt Conference play last season included half of the win total that UL assembled in its first four years in the league. The Cajuns went 10-16 in league play from 2001-2004 before last year's co-championship season.

The rest of the story

Default LSU Homers Attack The Times of Acadiana

The Times of Acadiana is usually a paper void of useful information. However, last week there was an amusing article about life on UL's campus, and there was a section titled "5 Reasons to Hate LSU."

Well, apparently, it's ok for LSU to hate on UL, as many of them love to do, especially Baton Rouge Publications, but they can't take it when someone with Cajun pride turns around and does the same.

Here is what the editor of the Times had to write:

http://www.timesofacadiana.com/apps/./60822002/1014

Some crazy LSU woman even called and threatened him with his job.

And here is the links for the attack of letters to the editor. I did enjoy the last guy's letter.

http://www.timesofacadiana.com/apps/.1/1014/OPINION

I guess I may have to write in my two cents.

Default Re: LSU Homers Attack The Times of Acadiana

Looks like the Times editor "gets it"

I just e-mailed this responding Letter to the Editor to the Times:

A Bit Sensitive Aren’t We?

I was amazed at the vicious responses, though not completely surprised, to the Times of Acadiana for printing Top 5 Reasons to Hate LSU, and it was actually disgusting to read the way some immature people attacked Susan Gonzalez, even insulting her intelligence and accusing her of not being able to get into LSU.

First off, the Times of Acadiana is published in LAFAYETTE, the home of the Ragin Cajuns. Baton Rouge publications love to take cheap shots at and put down UL all the time, but yet, according to these LSU letter writers, “How dare a Lafayette publication turn around and crack a few jokes of their own?”

Second, those attacks of Mrs. Gonzalez’s intelligence were out of line. I’d be willing to bet that none of those pompous LSU responders even know her. There are plenty of people well qualified to attend LSU but chose UL for various reasons. I chose to attend UL because I grew up in Lafayette, and I decided to run track in college and represent my home university at the NCAA level. Believe me; I would have had no problem meeting the criteria to attend the “prestigious” LSU.

Finally, if UL is so “little” and “insignificant”, then why must the “big and mighty” LSU get all bent out of shape any time UL returns the favor and cracks a joke about LSU, or when UL attempts to separate itself as the second prestigious university in the state? Is there some kind of insecurity at LSU that I’m not aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner

I was amazed at the vicious responses, though not completely surprised, to the Times of Acadiana for printing Top 5 Reasons to Hate LSU, and it was actually disgusting to read the way some immature people attacked Susan Gonzalez, even insulting her intelligence and accusing her of not being able to get into LSU.

First off, the Times of Acadiana is published in LAFAYETTE, the home of the Ragin Cajuns. Baton Rouge publications love to take cheap shots at and put down UL all the time, but yet, according to these LSU letter writers, “How dare a Lafayette publication turn around and crack a few jokes of their own?”

Second, those attacks of Mrs. Gonzalez’s intelligence were out of line. I’d be willing to bet that none of those pompous LSU responders even know her. There are plenty of people well qualified to attend LSU but chose UL for various reasons. I chose to attend UL because I grew up in Lafayette, and I decided to run track in college and represent my home university at the NCAA level. Believe me; I would have had no problem meeting the criteria to attend the “prestigious” LSU.

Finally, if UL is so “little” and “insignificant”, then why must the “big and mighty” LSU get all bent out of shape any time UL returns the favor and cracks a joke about LSU, or when UL attempts to separate itself as the second prestigious university in the state? Is there some kind of insecurity at LSU that I’m not aware of?
    Nice response.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

The Times of Acadiana is usually a paper void of useful information. However, last week there was an amusing article about life on UL's campus, and there was a section titled "5 Reasons to Hate LSU."

Well, apparently, it's ok for LSU to hate on UL, as many of them love to do, especially Baton Rouge Publications, but they can't take it when someone with Cajun pride turns around and does the same.

And here is the links for the attack of letters to the editor. I did enjoy the last guy's letter.

Why are all of these smart, superior LSU grads moving to places like Abbeville, Duson, and Rayne. My friends who have graduated from UL have gotten jobs in NYC, Boston, Nashville, and I am going to Houston, for example.

Damnit, i wish i would have accepted that LSU scholarship. I could have worked in Duson, while raising my family somehwere in the suburbs, say Mire. It would have been a tough commute everyday, but hey, Duson is way too densly populated to raise a family.

I think we all need to flood the Times with Thank you notes and emails for someone actually having the balls to put what susan said and many of us feel in print. Let's give the times some support here. For once, I actually wanted to read it.

Kudos to you as well my friend you've got humongous Kahone's(?I think that's how you spell it?) Good Good. That's what the times and Susan need right now, Morre support like this.

Thanks Kal and CDeb. I've addressed the issue of arrogant LSU _____s before on my website before, but seeing those letters in the Times inspired me to take it on in printed media. It really doesn't take kahones, though, just pride for the school that has aided me in my professional career.

Kal, I see you're from Mowatah. Do you know Clint and Jill Bischoff?

Funny stuff! Really must have ruffled some kitty fur. Hope they don't choke on a hairball.

USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: LSU Homers Attack The Times of Acadiana

Looks like they did stir up a hornets nest! This will not fair well for the times relative to advertisers.

so typical tiger fan! Heaven forbid someone in the state of louisiana not like the tiggahs! They are such cry babies. i thought the story was great and done in good taste. I hate to see what they would say if i would have had the chance to write that article. And i would be willing to bet maybe one of them actually went to lsu. I think they should print five new reasons to hate lsu every week and watch all of them squirm! And to think by threatening to not read the paper they will get anything accomplished, hey news flash ___ holes people have disagreed with articles before and it has never stopped an editor from publishing a good story! You would know that if you went to college!

14. Default Re: LSU Homers Attack The Times of Acadiana

My favorite part of the Editor's article:

"What came through in a lot of the e-mails and phone calls was that UL doesn’t have the right, hasn’t earned the right, to tweak Tony, uh, Mike the Tiger’s nose as Susan did. The gist of their argument is that the Tigers are the big cats on the block, the Ragin’ Cajuns nothing more than pesky gnats. If that’s so, then why does the Tiger growl so angrily when the gnat bites him on the behind?"

Well I am also one of MANY who passed up the opportunity to attend Louisiana State University and Agricultural, Mechanical and Arrogant Alcoholic Ibecile College to attend the University of Louisiana to pursue a degree in engineering one of the many colleges at UL that are far superior to the above mentioned longed winded institution. Maybe on second thought my 4.0 and 27ACT was not good enough to attend the school to the northeast as so many of their "highly intelligant" graduates seem to think.

The sad thing is that more than likely the majority of those responses to Ms. Gonzalez's and Mr. Williams articles were probably written by people who never attended that university. The one that actually claimed he recieved that purple piece of paper just happened to live where, uh, let me see the fine city of Lafayette.

So we go to Louisiana State University Agricblah blah blah. and lose we come home $400,000 richer or we beat them in their own stadium at the only thing that school know for and come home $400,000 richer. Seems to me that our "second rate school of dumb coon_____es" comes out ahead.
    THANKS SKIPPY BIRCHMAN.

GO CAJUNS!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information