Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread: 2006 LSU-45 UL-3

Default Re: LSU Homers Attack The Times of Acadiana

Quote Originally Posted by kracka75LSU
    I wanted to kind of throw my two cents in here, because mainly I threw them in on tigerdroppings also. When I first saw the headlines of the original times article I was like "What The _____" I got pretty aggitated about the fact that this article was making these kinds of statements. Then I realized after a few days of pointless ranting, that the article was harmless to the general public, and probably written to make fun and pee LSU fans off. Well depending on which side your on it worked. I got over it like probably 95% of LSU fans that read it. Of course you are only going to read/hear about that other 5% that will act like its the "line in the sand" or the "slap in the face". These are of course the same 5% you hear about that turn Port-o-lets over with opposing fans inside, or the message boards, or all the bad stories you hear about LSU home games. I kind of wondered one thing though. Why 5 reasons to hate LSU. Is it because we are UL's first game of the year and happen to be in the same state? If it were the first, why not last year writing 5 reasons to hate Texas? That is the only problem I had. Why start ____? I know what your going to say so save it. She meant it all in humor, i know, i know. But I think that the same ____ would have hit the fan if someone from LSU would have wrote the same thing about UL. Personally I couldn't care either way. Because the only rivalry LSU has had with UL is in Baseball. There isn't really any comparrison in any other major sport, so we are only rivals because of the fans hatred for each other and the fact that it is right down the road from here. We LSU fans really have serious hatred for people from Auburn and other SEC schools, mainly because Auburn's players and their fans are about as disrespectful as LSU's fans get a reputation for. Not saying we are without blame. But Auburn is a legitimate hatred. I doubt any of this will be going on after we play yall next week. So good luck to yall, hope yall have a pleasant experience at Tiger Stadium next week, and if anyone has an extra ticket to a UL home game, invite me cause I want to go to a home game this year.
    I think it has very little or anything at all to do with LSU being the first game of the season. These are feeling that many people around here have and we want to express them but every media outlet from tv to radio or printed media won't put these feelings out there. It's like everyone else gets an opinion except us and its ridiculous. I believe that she felt she had a window of opportunity to put into print what many people don't have the balls to say in public or aren't allowed to say in public and I respect her for that. I really respect that she did it rather tastefully as well. I think this article was a step into getting our opinions into the public eye. I for one have never seen negative feelings in print toward LSU in a Lafayette media outlet ever. I'm glad to see that someone is crossing the line of you cajuns keep your mouths shut about LSU because we don't want to lose ratings or subscriptions or listeners. Go Susan and we all have your back. And if you don't believe this is true, then name another state where its okay to love your school but not have any feelings of animosity towards another. No other state in the union would the public crucify you for saying that you love your school and hate another in the state. This state is so backwards and corrupt it makes me want to vommit.

If LSU would have attacked UL. I would have probably been ____ed at first, but gotten over it real quick. Their job is to ____ on UL. I like to keep it fresh in the minds of my current LSU friends via Lafayette that they got an education in Lafayette and so many come back to party in Lafayette on the weekends.

I wouldn't have written an article to the paper though, cause I'm used of the ribbing. Now when the ribbing starts going in the other direction we see feelings getting hurt. Well, we've dealt with LSU putting down UL long enough. Times are changing. We are a legitimate contender in baseball, basketball, softball. 3 major collegiate sports. Now we are working on football. It won't happen overnight, but we're getting respect slowly. We don't have to beat LSU to win the Sunbelt. If we get the game close we will still be losers in LSU fans eyes not damn that was close UL put up a fight. They couldn't come out and say that.

In closing Susan's article was funny and after that I didn't plan on picking up the Times, but now my job requires me to keep up with the news. I picked up the times. opened it up and said. WOW. look at all these articles in reference to Susan Gonzales. I didn't read em till I got home and on here. Oh well it's all good.

I am actually going to be stopping by several friends tailgaiting spots Cajuns and Tigers after the game several will still be friends. I hope my experience in Baton Rouge is not what I am expecting. I am hoping to have a great time and that is what football is all about. Talking ____ is one thing and I can roll with that throwing objects on the other hand. I hope I don't encounter.

So good luck to yall, hope yall have a pleasant experience at Tiger Stadium next week, and if anyone has an extra ticket to a UL home game, invite me cause I want to go to a home game this year.
    Give me a date you are interested in and I'll get ya a ticket!
    I hope we have fun in BR too! I am looking foward to my first trip to Tigerland.

4. Default Re: LSU Homers Attack The Times of Acadiana

Quote Originally Posted by theragincajun06
    Give me a date you are interested in and I'll get ya a ticket!
    I hope we have fun in BR too! I am looking foward to my first trip to Tigerland.
    Not sure on the date. Probably when LSU plays on the road and the cajun game doesn't interfere with the telecast. I hope your trip next week is pleasant, I really do, but you are going to get heckled. Unfortunately, since all this ____ is being thrown around, i doubt you will come out with a good taste in your mouth in regards to the tailgating areas. You will love being inside Tiger Stadium, it will probably be the loudest place you'll ever go to. Make sure you are at the stadium an hour and a half before the game. The LSU band comes down the hill and plays, then goes into the stadium. It's awesome.

Kracka75LSU:

The main problem with this situation is that Baton Rouge publications love to ____ on UL and pretty much any other non-LSU university. They even ridiculously accuse us of benefitting from Blanco being governor, when in fact, she cut funding to UL within her first year in office.

This is the issue, Baton Rouge papers love to take shots at UL when presented with the opportunity. For once, a LAFAYETTE publication makes a couple jokes, and LSU people from the LAFAYETTE area get all bent out of shape and even insult the author (whom they never met) by calling her dumb and unqualified to get into LSU. If we are really such a "small and insignificant" school, then why get so bent out of shape about us cracking a few jokes back, or more importantly, trying to progress and become the SECOND prestigious university in the state? Ya'll will probably always be number one. So why feel threatened?

Just to let you know, I'm not accusing you of all the above, but I've seen the Tigerdropping forum and have read those letters, and there are alot of LOSERS all bent out of shape over a few simple jokes, which are no worse than what UL receives from LSU backers and writers.

i'm a fan of both schools and when i go to tiger games the pre-game tailgating is all good. as far as opposing team fans. just about everyone of them will invite them over and give them food and drink and friendly ribbing. i think its during and after the game where things get ugly. can you say "alcohol" ? its what happens when people get drunk!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesthejeweler
    i'm a fan of both schools and when i go to tiger games the pre-game tailgating is all good. as far as opposing team fans. just about everyone of them will invite them over and give them food and drink and friendly ribbing. i think its during and after the game where things get ugly. can you say "alcohol" ? its what happens when people get drunk!
    You are wrong, it happens when THEY get drunk, I have been getting drunk for the last 18 years at Cajun Field and at no time have ever witnessed anyone treat opposing teams fans the way they are treated in Baton Rouge.

As for 2002, I took a good friend of mine to the game, who graduated from LSU several times. He sat with us in the endzone and decided to wear neutral colors (his choice). After the game he told me that he was appalled as an LSU graduate of the bull__t that he witnessed coming from so called LSU fans before and after the game. This is a guy that usually makes two or three games a year at his alma mater, yet saw it totally different when he walked in with people wearing visiting colors. There was nothing friendly about it.

Default Re: River Ranch Countdown to Kickoff Aug 26th

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    Bump for the "Ranch Davidians" reference.

I think that one's a keeper!
    "Ranch Davidians" I Love it.

Yes two thumbs up on that one for sure.

River Ranch is definitely "Hollywood" and has strong "Stepford" tendencies.

Don't park on the grass because the "Parking Nazis" will be all over you.

9. Default Re: River Ranch Countdown to Kickoff Aug 26th

It's got dam retarded that a Countdown to kickoff event that feature food, music and all around good time is being turned into a _______ baton rouge vs. lafayette. Man that is sad.

It's got dam retarded that a Countdown to kickoff event that feature food, music and all around good time is being turned into a freakin baton rouge vs. lafayette. Man that is sad.
    It happens weekly in Baton Rouge on sports radio during football season. Of course no one will speak of it, only in Lafayette do folks object to such talk. I feel sorry for the good LSU fans, because they do recieve the wrath from Cajun fanbase. But perhaps it's time to educate themselves why this animosity exist? One only needs to listen to Songy or others next week to understand.

After reading this thread I must say. I grew up watching LSU on TV not a big college football fan cause it was so much to rap my little head around, NFL was alot easier to keep up with. I had no real attachment to LSU but pulled for them usually. Became a big college fan last 5 years or so UL being my one love.

Now being a member of ragin pagin for a year and a die hard fan I've read thread, articles, and heard stories of LSU and it's advantages over the rest of the state, IT'S B.S. Anyone who lives in the Acadiana area and wants our area and our school to prosper should Have a hatred for LSU. LSU and all its puppets in office have a stranglehold on the rest of the state. It's ironic, if any state in the US has a reason to hate on it's (flagship) school it should be LA. They use every way they can to put the rest of the state at a disadvantage. Maybe I'm looking through Vermillion colored glasses and Im just oh so jealous of their success but I officially hate LSU more than any other college. I support the players from the Lafayette area that play for them but I'm tired of watching LSU win, it doesnt seem right. I HATE LSU.

SORRY TIGGERS. Here's to a long season for the purple and gold/yellow.

P.S. if you don't like UL move to "Baton Rouge" yes that would probably only leave 20 to 30 thousand but It would be a town of my kinda people.

One more thing. LSU vs. UL tape delayed on cox sports. Why not live, could it be only so LSU can charge $34.95 a pop on tigervision, NO, they wouldn't, would they? Hate is a strong word I HATE LSUA@MatBR.

".and if anyone has an extra ticket to a UL home game, invite me cause I want to go to a home game this year."

Just drive on over whenever you get the itch. You can grab a ticket for $16 at the gate right before kickoff. Football entertainment so cheap you'll think you stole something.

13. UL Football Re: Countdown to Kickoff 9 days

UL Fact: The Cajuns will be going for a first-ever win against a current member of the Southeastern Conference in the Sept. 2 opener. UL holds an all-time record of 0-30 against the SEC, the last of those coming in the 2003 opener when South Carolina won, 14-7.

The rest of the story

Homes SO Clean

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner
    The Times of Acadiana is usually a paper void of useful information. However, last week there was an amusing article about life on UL's campus, and there was a section titled "5 Reasons to Hate LSU."

Well, apparently, it's ok for LSU to hate on UL, as many of them love to do, especially Baton Rouge Publications, but they can't take it when someone with Cajun pride turns around and does the same.

Here is what the editor of the Times had to write:

http://www.timesofacadiana.com/apps/./60822002/1014

Some crazy LSU woman even called and threatened him with his job.

And here is the links for the attack of letters to the editor. I did enjoy the last guy's letter.

http://www.timesofacadiana.com/apps/.1/1014/OPINION

I guess I may have to write in my two cents.
    I just read the LSU fan responses. Geez. I bet that there were alot of shorted out keyboards, with all the rabid froth dripping from their mouths while they typed their responses.

Maybe they can print a top 5 LSU fan responses in their next article. Or, to really stir them up,

Top 5 reasons to hate UL:

1) Can't think of any.
    2) Why should we?
    3) None exist.
    4) Answers: #1 and #3
    5) All of the above.

And before anyone gets all upset and tries to have my wife fire me, uh, I mean, divorce me, it's all tongue and cheek.

Hey gang this event Saturday night should be fun. I hope class prevails. There is going to be great music at this thing Mike Dean is performing. This guy is awesome for his style of music. Hope to have a good time at the Ranch on Saturday night. Hopefully Louisiana and LSU will make Big Bro's and Sis's the biggest winners in the whole thing.

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread Information