Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread: 2006 LSU-45 UL-3

Default Re: LSU Homers Attack The Times of Acadiana

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner
    Thanks Kal and CDeb. I've addressed the issue of arrogant LSU _____s before on my website before, but seeing those letters in the Times inspired me to take it on in printed media. It really doesn't take kahones, though, just pride for the school that has aided me in my professional career.

Kal, I see you're from Mowatah. Do you know Clint and Jill Bischoff?
    My dad knows everyone but I'm not quite as current on my mowataian ancestery as he is. I spend most of my time a student here on campus but I don't get back to mowata till late at night. Was Jill always a bischoff or does she have a maiden name because I do know a few Jill's from Mowata.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: LSU Homers Attack The Times of Acadiana

Just got an email from the Alumni Assn. September 1, 2006 is "Wear Red Day"

This is the eve of the UL vs. LSU football game.

IDEA------Times of Acadiana--Special Edition 9/01/06 One Page--RED---Just a serious JOKE

Default Re: River Ranch Countdown to Kickoff Aug 26th

We're there!!

Krewe de Chew will be in full force.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun
    I disagree. They want to stay neutral. If they think they are too far to the left, they will try to even things out by kicking us in the groin next week. Also, I would stay away from wriitng editorials. Too much of that and it just turns into a peeing contest that will get old quick. I say let the tiger fans continue to write letters unchallenged. They are doing a fine job of hanging themselves.
    Every letter they write gives legitimacy to a paper, school and fan-base that they claim has none. I agree with letting them talk to themselves, although the last letter was a perfectly executed twist of the knife

Ragin' Cajuns Re: River Ranch Countdown to Kickoff Aug 26th

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun
    We're there!!

Krewe de Chew will be in full force.
    You Can Dooooo ITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

Good Luck and have Fun,
    DaddyCajun

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    My dad knows everyone but I'm not quite as current on my mowataian ancestery as he is. I spend most of my time a student here on campus but I don't get back to mowata till late at night. Was Jill always a bischoff or does she have a maiden name because I do know a few Jill's from Mowata.
    No, Jill is a Gotte. She's the cousin of my wife. Clint is an attorney in Iota.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL and LSU football game sold out

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    I don't know about you guys but I can not make the game I have to work. I can't afford to get caught up in traffic and be late for work!

Now with the game being on TigerVision I will buy the $32 package and watch it from the comfort of my home, you know, NO beer thrown on me or my family, NO foul language bestowed upon my Cajun ears, NO fights with the Tigger fans trying to protect my family!

Don't think any of the above would happen to me, but it HAS happened to many of people I have spoken to in the past!!

DaddyCajun

I wish I could go to support the Cajuns, but I cant. Is it the only way you can watch the game through TigerVision???? I definitely want to watch the game, is that the only way????

BTW, for you tailgaters out there, if you haven't visited this site, you should:

http://www.atatailgate.com/home.asp

Nice site, good tips, clips, etc. Not sure where I originally found it. Could have been here!

Didn't see any "Cajun" tailgate info; but would be great to see some of you on that site. Maybe the Krewe de Chew?

Regardless - enjoy.

Shof

Ragin' Cajuns Re: LSU Homers Attack The Times of Acadiana

The Times of Acadiana is usually a paper void of useful information. However, last week there was an amusing article about life on UL's campus, and there was a section titled "5 Reasons to Hate LSU."

Well, apparently, it's ok for LSU to hate on UL, as many of them love to do, especially Baton Rouge Publications, but they can't take it when someone with Cajun pride turns around and does the same.

Here is what the editor of the Times had to write:

http://www.timesofacadiana.com/apps/./60822002/1014

Some crazy LSU woman even called and threatened him with his job.

And here is the links for the attack of letters to the editor. I did enjoy the last guy's letter.

http://www.timesofacadiana.com/apps/.1/1014/OPINION

I guess I may have to write in my two cents.
    Yeah, I have not read the Times in a while and today I pick it up and all kinds of " How Dare Yous".

All you people complaining about us defending ourselves in OUR TOWN, Go live in Baton Rouge and listen to the garbage those people EAST of the Mississippi say about our University. Give me a break.

You should hear some of those bozos talk about how they hate UL, Auburn, Alabama, & Florida. Not to mention USC. I have seen bumper stickers on their cars that read F-USC. These people have real class. I can't tell if they are from Louisiana or Mississippi by the way they talk. Regardless, go walk in our shoes and visit BR for a few days and come back and tell me if WE DON"T HAVE A REASON TO SPEAK OUT.

YOU DON'T HAVE THE LAST WORD ON THIS SUBJECT.

If you are not cutting down our sports program, you are cutting down our academics. WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF, OUR SUCCESSFUL ACADEMIC AND ATHLETIC GROWTHS.

GET A LIFE

GEAUX CAJUNS

10. Default Re: River Ranch Countdown to Kickoff Aug 26th

Just a Warning I got this a couple of weeks ago Via E-Mail I'm not trying to Imply anything but if your into dealing with "Ranch Davidians" or even worse (STATE FANS)

Don't get me wrong I think Big Brothers and Big Sisters is a fantastic organization but some concerns that this may be a rigged cook-off may not be that unfounded.

"Dear Tiger Fans:

On Saturday, August 26, 2006 (one week before LSU and UL-Lafayette square off), there will be a “Countdown 2 Kickoff” Tailgate Party in River Ranch benefiting Big Brothers/Big Sisters (see details in registration brochure attached). The event will consist of tailgates on display with a cook-off. Admission will be $5 for individuals, and tailgates cost $75 for a 20x20 spot ($125 for companies). All attendees will be able to sample the tailgate food, and there will be cash bar, a band, and special guests. There are also donor levels outlined on the brochure. The event is for all fans (of all ages), so there will be some tents representing LSU, UL-L and even local high schools. We’re hoping for a great showing from LSU fans – so please fill out the attached form and reserve your spot early. If you or a friend own a motorhome and would like to secure a very limited “1st Team All-American” motorhome spot for your tailgate, please give me a call/email.

Additionally, the Acadiana Tigers will have a large Acadiana Tigers tent for its member families (all TAF members). We plan to have complimentary food, refreshments (soft drinks, margaritas and beer) and numerous giveaways of LSU paraphernalia exclusively at our tent. If you are not a TAF member, there will be registration forms at the event ($50/year), or you can sign up online at www.lsutaf.org.

Lastly, please forward this brochure to any persons and companies that may want to attend (this is the first announcement). Based on the early response from friends, these spots will go quickly.

Blake David, President

Acadiana Tigers"

Default Re: Attention all Ragin’ UL fanss,

Quote Originally Posted by UL Reality
    Huh? Please tell me you're not serious. This is a tailgating event not a culinary cookoff amongst restaurants. As hard as it is to admit, there's a lot more cajun food and tailgating in Baton Rouge than probably anywhere else in the south, for sure here in Louisiana.
    I don't want to get into a peeing match with you over this, but that statement is way out there.
    Wow, are you serious? Anything Baton Rouge has is because they picked it up here first. There is NOTHING cajun about BR. And as for tailgating. it actually consists of more than just drinking.

12. Default Re: LSU Homers Attack The Times of Acadiana

The Times of Acadiana is usually a paper void of useful information. However, last week there was an amusing article about life on UL's campus, and there was a section titled "5 Reasons to Hate LSU."

Well, apparently, it's ok for LSU to hate on UL, as many of them love to do, especially Baton Rouge Publications, but they can't take it when someone with Cajun pride turns around and does the same.

Here is what the editor of the Times had to write:

http://www.timesofacadiana.com/apps/./60822002/1014

Some crazy LSU woman even called and threatened him with his job.

And here is the links for the attack of letters to the editor. I did enjoy the last guy's letter.

http://www.timesofacadiana.com/apps/.1/1014/OPINION

I guess I may have to write in my two cents.
    I wanted to kind of throw my two cents in here, because mainly I threw them in on tigerdroppings also. When I first saw the headlines of the original times article I was like "What The _____" I got pretty aggitated about the fact that this article was making these kinds of statements. Then I realized after a few days of pointless ranting, that the article was harmless to the general public, and probably written to make fun and ____ LSU fans off. Well depending on which side your on it worked. I got over it like probably 95% of LSU fans that read it. Of course you are only going to read/hear about that other 5% that will act like its the "line in the sand" or the "slap in the face". These are of course the same 5% you hear about that turn Port-o-lets over with opposing fans inside, or the message boards, or all the bad stories you hear about LSU home games. I kind of wondered one thing though. Why 5 reasons to hate LSU. Is it because we are ULL's first game of the year and happen to be in the same state? If it were the first, why not last year writing 5 reasons to hate Texas? That is the only problem I had. Why start ____? I know what your going to say so save it. She meant it all in humor, i know, i know. But I think that the same ____ would have hit the fan if someone from LSU would have wrote the same thing about ULL. Personally I couldn't care either way. Because the only rivalry LSU has had with ULL is in Baseball. There isn't really any comparrison in any other major sport, so we are only rivals because of the fans hatred for each other and the fact that it is right down the road from here. We LSU fans really have serious hatred for people from Auburn and other SEC schools, mainly because Auburn's players and their fans are about as disrespectful as LSU's fans get a reputation for. Not saying we are without blame. But Auburn is a legitimate hatred. I doubt any of this will be going on after we play yall next week. So good luck to yall, hope yall have a pleasant experience at Tiger Stadium next week, and if anyone has an extra ticket to a ULL home game, invite me cause I want to go to a home game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim
    Yeah, I have not read the Times in a while and today I pick it up and all kinds of " How Dare Yous".

All you people complaining about us defending ourselves in OUR TOWN, Go live in Baton Rouge and listen to the garbage those people EAST of the Mississippi say about our University. Give me a break.

You should hear some of those bozos talk about how they hate UL, Auburn, Alabama, & Florida. Not to mention USC. I have seen bumper stickers on their cars that read F-USC. These people have real class. I can't tell if they are from Louisiana or Mississippi by the way they talk. Regardless, go walk in our shoes and visit BR for a few days and come back and tell me if WE DON"T HAVE A REASON TO SPEAK OUT.

YOU DON'T HAVE THE LAST WORD ON THIS SUBJECT.

If you are not cutting down our sports program, you are cutting down our academics. WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF, OUR SUCCESSFUL ACADEMIC AND ATHLETIC GROWTHS.

GET A LIFE

GEAUX CAJUNS

Yep, it's worse than after Karina in New Orleans. The natives are burning the place down, suicide bombers everywhere, there's riots in the streets, gunfire in every neighborhood. Oops, the McDonald's just went up. And, all because of a humorous article in the Times. It's the end of the world.

Bump for the "Ranch Davidians" reference.

I think that one's a keeper!

Actually, I don't think we would have played them for $400,000. My understanding was the payout was closer to $700,000, and that we'd be making more than that next year with other BCS schools. Since we play these games for the payout, that extra $300,000 amounts to between 3% and 4% of our athletic budget of $8.6 million.

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information