Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: 2006 LSU-45 UL-3

UL Football Re: Attention all Ragin’ UL fanss,

Everyone knows that the world LOVES Cajun Food, no one talks about the food in BR!! If for some oddity LSU wins the cookoff, "It was RIGGED!"

DADDY CAJUN

Default Re: LSU Homers Attack The Times of Acadiana

Quote Originally Posted by 2 ul 0105
    Well I am also one of MANY who passed up the opportunity to attend Louisiana State University and Agricultural, Mechanical and Arrogant Alcoholic Ibecile College to attend the University of Louisiana to pursue a degree in engineering one of the many colleges at UL that are far superior to the above mentioned longed winded institution. Maybe on second thought my 4.0 and 27ACT was not good enough to attend the school to the northeast as so many of their "highly intelligant" graduates seem to think.

The sad thing is that more than likely the majority of those responses to Ms. Gonzalez's and Mr. Williams articles were probably written by people who never attended that university. The one that actually claimed he recieved that purple piece of paper just happened to live where, uh, let me see the fine city of Lafayette.

So we go to Louisiana State University Agricblah blah blah. and lose we come home $400,000 richer or we beat them in their own stadium at the only thing that school know for and come home $400,000 richer. Seems to me that our "second rate school of dumb coon_____es" comes out ahead.
    THANKS SKIPPY BIRCHMAN.

GO CAJUNS!!!!!!!
    I agree. Those comments make me ill. I grew up in Baton Rouge and lived around LSU my entire life. I applied to both schools and got into BOTH schools. I chose UL over LSU for good reasons and still to this day it was a great decision. God forbid we don't jump on the bandwagon like all those folks who have never set foot in a LSU classroom.

BTW I've got to rib you. I am now living in Columbus Ohio nearby Cinci. GO REDS!

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Why are all of these smart, superior LSU grads moving to places like Abbeville, Duson, and Rayne. My friends who have graduated from UL have gotten jobs in NYC, Boston, Nashville, and I am going to Houston, for example.

Damnit, i wish i would have accepted that LSU scholarship. I could have worked in Duson, while raising my family somehwere in the suburbs, say Mire. It would have been a tough commute everyday, but hey, Duson is way too densly populated to raise a family.

THAT IS JUST PLAIN AMAZING!!!!!

Default Re: How dare they . . . PAGE 24 of the Times

"About half of them said they’d drop their subscriptions, which would be a neat trick since The Times is a free publication. "

This is classic! LMAO!!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: LSU Homers Attack The Times of Acadiana

My response/ opinion to the Times of Acadiana

Excuse me, but, "if you dont like the Cajuns, Move to Baton Rouge"!! Lsu
    fans need to get over this. Lafayette is a college town, and it is normal to
    have a rival! The Times of Acadiana is for Acadiana residents, not for Baton
    Rouge residents. Why can't we be proud of our school and show some school
    spirit? Acadiana residents should have pride in UL Is it a surprise to anyone that it will take longer for UL to show its colors after the state guarantees 50% of its college education funding to Lsu, and THEN splits the rest with the remaining colleges?!?! If LSWho was so great, their fans wouldn't be so rattled by a mere article. Lsu is a name, but as a proud graduate of UL, I can honestly say it has been one of the greatest experiences in my life. I wasn't just one in a million, I truly got to know the university and community.there is much more to UL than what a "tigger" can see. Unknown by many, having a UL education has brought me nothing by open opportunities in the job market. I am a proud Ragin' Cajun and there is nothing wrong with the article, infact, I LOVE IT! I just don't understand why those big ole tigers were bothered by that little article?!?!?!?!!?! GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: Attention all Ragin’ UL fanss,

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Everyone knows that the world LOVES Cajun Food, no one talks about the food in BR!! If for some oddity LSU wins the cookoff, "It was RIGGED!"

DADDY CAJUN

Huh? Please tell me you're not serious. This is a tailgating event not a culinary cookoff amongst restaurants. As hard as it is to admit, there's a lot more cajun food and tailgating in Baton Rouge than probably anywhere else in the south, for sure here in Louisiana.
    I don't want to get into a ____ing match with you over this, but that statement is way out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner
    The Times of Acadiana is usually a paper void of useful information. However, last week there was an amusing article about life on UL's campus, and there was a section titled "5 Reasons to Hate LSU."

Well, apparently, it's ok for LSU to hate on UL, as many of them love to do, especially Baton Rouge Publications, but they can't take it when someone with Cajun pride turns around and does the same.

Here is what the editor of the Times had to write:

http://www.timesofacadiana.com/apps/./60822002/1014

Some crazy LSU woman even called and threatened him with his job.

And here is the links for the attack of letters to the editor. I did enjoy the last guy's letter.

http://www.timesofacadiana.com/apps/.1/1014/OPINION

I guess I may have to write in my two cents.
    This is a little off topic, but I want to thank anyone and everyone that makes Raginpagin.com the premiere website for gathering and discussing all things UL. I don't miss a beat because of this page.

Also, while opinions are expressed freely here, they are generally expressed without all of the vile language. I've been known to use a little casual profanity myself, so I don't have a big problem with it. However some of the pages I have visited over the last couple of weeks such as tigerdroppings (which still hasn't cleared me to post. I've been waiting for about a week.) appear to take full advantage of the freedom of expression provided by the internet. Some of the language and thoughts over there are a little uncomfortable even for me.

I wonder if that has the effect of driving away certain types of members and attracting other types of members. Anyway, Raginpagin.com seems to understand that and keeps it clean enough that I can read it at work without risk. I appreciate that.

I think the Times of Acadiana certainly needs to be flooded with letters of support for UL. Let's be sure to have our pride show in next week's publication.

Default Re: UL-LSU game now a sellout

LSU-UL game now a sellout
    I wonder if the old we have nothing to gain and everything to lose is still valid???

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner
    The Times of Acadiana is usually a paper void of useful information. However, last week there was an amusing article about life on UL's campus, and there was a section titled "5 Reasons to Hate LSU."

Well, apparently, it's ok for LSU to hate on UL, as many of them love to do, especially Baton Rouge Publications, but they can't take it when someone with Cajun pride turns around and does the same.

Here is what the editor of the Times had to write:

http://www.timesofacadiana.com/apps/./60822002/1014

Some crazy LSU woman even called and threatened him with his job.

And here is the links for the attack of letters to the editor. I did enjoy the last guy's letter.

http://www.timesofacadiana.com/apps/.1/1014/OPINION

I guess I may have to write in my two cents.
    All of these folks that said they would not read the paper again will pick up the very next issue to see if their editorial was printed and to read responses. They will read the Times now more than ever, scouring its pages for anything anti-LSU. It has been posted on message boards, bringing it to the attention of a national audience and increasing circulation without spending a dime. Advertising in the paper will go up, not down. Boycotters would only cheat themselves of access to a broadening audience. Smart money will realize that. Brilliant job, Susan. To those that wrote the paper to say that she wasn't smart, you just got schooled.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Why are all of these smart, superior LSU grads moving to places like Abbeville, Duson, and Rayne. My friends who have graduated from UL have gotten jobs in NYC, Boston, Nashville, and I am going to Houston, for example.

Damnit, i wish i would have accepted that LSU scholarship. I could have worked in Duson, while raising my family somehwere in the suburbs, say Mire. It would have been a tough commute everyday, but hey, Duson is way too densly populated to raise a family.
    (cut to Lee Corso) Not so fast, my friend! Only one of these letters mentioned anything about a diploma. For all we know, these guys may not have graduated from high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    I think we all need to flood the Times with Thank you notes and emails for someone actually having the balls to put what susan said and many of us feel in print. Let's give the times some support here. For once, I actually wanted to read it.
    I disagree. They want to stay neutral. If they think they are too far to the left, they will try to even things out by kicking us in the groin next week. Also, I would stay away from wriitng editorials. Too much of that and it just turns into a ____ing contest that will get old quick. I say let the tiger fans continue to write letters unchallenged. They are doing a fine job of hanging themselves.

Default Re: Attention all Ragin’ UL fanss,

Quote Originally Posted by UL Reality
    Huh? Please tell me you're not serious. This is a tailgating event not a culinary cookoff amongst restaurants. As hard as it is to admit, there's a lot more cajun food and tailgating in Baton Rouge than probably anywhere else in the south, for sure here in Louisiana.
    I don't want to get into a peeing match with you over this, but that statement is way out there.
    Is that why ESPN featured us in ESPN the magazine and on ESPN.com as having the best tailgating in the country. UL has the best food and the best tailgating.Stick to talking football ya'll are good at that.

The gist of their argument is that the Tigers are the big cats on the block, the Ragin’ Cajuns nothing more than pesky gnats. If that’s so, then why does the Tiger growl so angrily when the gnat bites him on the behind?
    LOL

UL Football Re: Attention all Ragin’ UL fanss,

Quote Originally Posted by UL Reality
    I don't want to get into a peeing match with you over this, but that statement is way out there.
    1st--The statement was suposed to be a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2nd--If you did not get the joke then you won't get line Three!
    3rd--Baton Rouge is not even in Acadiana, and tell me WHO goes to BR for the FOOD, WHO.I'll take that as NOBODY!!!!
    4th--Many people come to Acadiana and Lafayette to experience the Cajun Food and Fun! Does E BR even have a Crawfish pond????

DaddyCajun

ps Ok, I will spell it out for you! Everyone knows that LSU should win the football game, however IF UL was to win the Football game certain people would say it was, Rigged!!! Maybe maybe not, but it atleast was fun now that your stripes are running!!!! Drip, drip, splash, drip!

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information