Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread: 2006 LSU-45 UL-3

Default Re: Tiger Stadium Experience

I had a great time but I was among a lot of friends who go to UL and LSU. I had seom friendly haressment going with a few LSU fans and heard tiger bait a few times but I just made my own comments and moved on. Great time and I can't wait for the first UL home game.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Tiger Stadium Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun
    Much has been said about trouble at Tiger Stadium. I had a little trouble myself in 2002. I think it is important to come back to the board and say that I had a good experience this year. No trouble at all. A little tigerbaiting. One guy replaced "tigerbait" with "loser" but it was humorous since he looked like a total loser doing it.

Enjoyed the game (except for the ints and false starts) and atmosphere overall. Felt safe and comfortable with my 8 year old. She may have heard a few words, but she's heard 'em before and knows not to repeat them.

UL fanss around us were a class act.

I bought 3 tickets and never showed them to anybody. I guess the attendance reported was paid rather than actual, since thousands entered the stadium without a sniff.

Speaking of thousands entering a stadium without a sniff, we are post-911 people. Walking into the stadium like I and thousands more did is unacceptable.

I wish we could get a count of the UL fans there, I was in 405, and there were a bunch of red in the upper deck, as well. I knew we had 6500 allocated to us, but i saw appeared to be more then that. I hope there will be a similar turn out at the A&M game, Ill be there!

Default Re: Replay of the UL v LSU game Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by srevere51
    Man they ran the same damn play on 1st down, Me and a LSU guy were betting on the play calling. If we don't let the big plays kill us, we have a great chance at TA&M.
    As far as the secondary,we def need work. Lots of work. It will happen though. I BELIEVE. always have. GEAUX CAJUNS
    I don't think the secondary needs as much help as you think. We were playing 1 of the top receiving cores in the nation. they will make a lot of DB's look like this year. I look for them to step up on the pass coverage and play just as well in run support as they did this week.

Speaking of DB's I love Derek Keyes spirit, at halftime when he was heading to the locker room he was fired up trying to get the crowd into the game. I look for him to be a big contributer this year.

Default Re: Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdRowTailgater
    The Cajun defense looked pretty good against the run and we all know that is what the Aggies try to do. The Aggies havent had a good passing game in 2 decades.
    I'm not overlooking your RB's but I think we can play them strong. I am just looking at your QB and hoping that we can handle the option game as well as we did the between the tackles game that LSU was running.

UL Golf Re: Time to move on.

If we don't give up the big plays, we will cause trouble for A&M

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Replay of the UL v LSU game Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    I don't think the secondary needs as much help as you think. We were playing 1 of the top receiving cores in the nation. they will make a lot of DB's look like this year. I look for them to step up on the pass coverage and play just as well in run support as they did this week.

Speaking of DB's I love Derek Keyes spirit, at halftime when he was heading to the locker room he was fired up trying to get the crowd into the game. I look for him to be a big contributer this year.
    Agreed, I love it when they try to get the crowd into the games. I was pumped when I saw him jumping around pumping us up. I know LSU has a great receiver corp. I just wish we could have stayed a little closer and made a few bigger plays.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Replay of the UL v LSU game Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano
    babb runs a 4.6. Ali Highsmith and Darry Beckwith both run a sub 4.6. the zone read option doesnt work to well against that kind of speed.
    I think Jerry can run a little faster than that.

Default Re: Replay of the UL v LSU game Wednesday

Man they ran the same damn play on 1st down, Me and a LSU guy were betting on the play calling. If we don't let the big plays kill us, we have a great chance at TA&M.
    As far as the secondary,we def need work. Lots of work. It will happen though. I BELIEVE. always have. GEAUX CAJUNS
    i don't think we need as much work as you think we do, we were ncommitted to stopping the run and we did that. In the sunbelt you have to be able to run and stop the run to win it all. That is how north texas did it for four years. Not to mention lsu's receivers look like our TE's. Those receivers will make alot of people look stupid this year!

9. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns playing fewer freshmen than SBC foes

Every football team in the Sun Belt Conference played at least two natural freshmen in their opening games this weekend, and a couple played many times that number.

Except, that is, for the University of Louisiana.

Coach Rickey Bustle had only two first-year freshmen on his travel roster for Saturday's 45-3 loss at LSU, and neither played. Kicker Tyler Albrecht and deep snapper Andrew Lore, both of whom played their senior prep seasons at St. Thomas More after hurricane-forced relocation, were there for emergency duties only.

"You always like to have those guys in there and in competition for positions," Bustle said of his incoming freshman class. "But when you're getting closer to the scholarship limit, you're less likely to have a number of natural freshmen playing for you."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

10. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns try to tighten up on mistakes

Mack Fair said that he and his UL teammates wouldn't change a lot of things they did defensively last Saturday night against LSU.

They'd just do those things better.

"We've got to get tightened up more on our blitzes," said the Cajuns' senior linebacker following the Tigers' 45-3 victory. "We had some mental errors. We were moving to the ball and we were getting pads on people, but they (LSU) were doing a lot of max protection things early."

What the Tigers did gave quarterback JaMarcus Russell plenty time to operate, and he delivered to the tune of 253 passing yards on only 17 attempts. For the night, LSU passed for 299 yards, with Russell connecting for three touchdowns among his 13 completions.

"He checked to some good plays for them," Cajun coach Rickey Bustle said of Russell. "It looked like they had it set up to where if he saw something, he'd check to this play. It wasn't to places that we didn't have people, but we lost our leverage some times and got out of position and they were able to hit us deep."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Things I thought I knew but now am sure of

1. Despite protestations to the contrary, LSUA&M fans are not indifferent when it comes to UL. I have heard the refrain so many times, "I really don't know why you hate LSU, we dont have anything against you (UL)". Well a stroll around the pre-game last Saturday would prove otherwise Thousands of shirts proclaiming "USLULLUL U SUCK" and "OOOHH La La Maybe this year" ridiculing the fact that we had not scoired against A&M in the past Now these were not random fans filled with alcohol these were pre-printed shirts. They type you see when a really big game is coming up I'd venture to say they wont have similar shirts when Freshno comes to town. So let's drop this hypocrisy Its ok. I dont like LSU you dont like UL. cool. but this touchy feely friendly rivals BS is just that.

2. It is only the actions of a few. Look I can deal with the Tiger Bait. in fact I find it rather amusing that for some reason people think that means something But I had 4 "F" bombs in under an hour as4 I walked with my wife, daughter and son. one over a microphone tothe utter joy of the hundred or so listening to the guyMy daughter was accosted face to face with a drunk saying "I cant F'ing believe you go to ULL. I'd commit suicide" First she doesn't go to UL, but that is besides the point. Her answer was classic. "Gee if thats true maybe we can get you a scholarship".lol. There were an equal number of fans who tried to be civil . At our tailgaiting with my brother in law we met several nice folks Some just cant get it right tho.to wit: Oh the Enemy is herelol.

3. It is not a Top 5 pre game atmosphere at least in my experience. Ive been to Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Ole Miss, Mississippi State. All have made us feel welcome and at home Unlike our in-state "Friends". wonder why that is. As for atmosphere my favorites are Tennessee and Ole Miss.

4. As much as it pains me. LSU A&M is good. very good I thought we would compete better than we did. But the speed of A&M is unbelievable. and not just the WR's. I saw several times when Baab or Fenroy had the corner and open field in front. thninking here is a big play only to see those big D-lineman close and keep it to a minimal gain or loss. So for me watching A&M is going to be painful Go War Eagles

All in all the experience was a good one despite my comments above As long as we know our place and don't respond to the A-holes, conflict can be avoided. A caller to the Talking Tigers. frequent listeners know who I am referring to. a very condescending I know better type of individual called and asked Bitter if there were any arrest or incidents. Bitter responded that he had not checked the Police Blogs but didnt think so. to which Mr. Superior Intellect responded "Well I guess the Lafayette fans were wrong again about the crowd behavior" or something similar. A conflict in that environment is but a response away. They out number us what 15 to 1??The by word then is to ignore them thats what everyone says. And that there were no incidents is kudos to the restraint of the Cajun fans not the atmosphere

So that experience is behind us on to the Texas campus of A&M. I am not sure a victory is out of the question I think the Louisiana A&M team is that good our defense played well against the run. Texas' A&M team will not run out the WR talent nor the QB talent that Louisiana's A&M team did so I expect a closer score. See you in College station where we can experience what a college football environment should be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UL Football Re: Things I thought I knew but now am sure of

Thanks for the great post!

DaddyCajun

ps I watched the game on TigerVision.were we holding something back??!!

Little to no option no deep balldid we know we could not win and saved putting on game film so we could put it all on the line in aTm!?!?!?!?!!??

Default Re: Things I thought I knew but now am sure of

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState
    1. Despite protestations to the contrary, LSUA&M fans are ~~~~.~~~~station where we can experience what a college football environment should be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Super post!

Default Re: Time to move on.

If we don't give up the big plays, we will cause trouble for A&M
    That's a big if! As Les Miles said, we chose our "poison".

I didn't see any improvement in this team and the person responsible is Bustle. He said "our players will be shocked" when they watch the tape and see the mistakes they made.

Well it's his responsibility to make sure his team is ready and doesn't make those mistakes. Same old same old. We will be 0-3 and then win a few games against teams in the worst conference in division one.

I've been on the UL bandwagon since I was 6 years old(53 years ago). Some things just never change.

Default Re: How about this stat

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888
    I dont think it was because of the hits. I think its because the end kept shooting straight up into the backfield. He never angled towards the middle. He did a hell of a job in not getting drawn in on the fakes.
    You gave the correct answer. Bustle holding back? Gimme a break. He ought to be fired if he was.

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread Information