Golf is simply in Ryan Prejean’s blood.

He picked up golf clubs when he was just two years-old and started playing tournaments when he was 10, influenced heavily by his father Brad Prejean, who is an avid golfer in his own right.

He played in a slew of junior circuits growing up and really shined on the Little Cypress-Mauriceville golf team for four seasons, including winning the individual District 20-4A crown and the individual Region III crown, as he helped lead the team to the Class 4A State Tournament last season.

With all of his hard work and dedication to the game, Prejean will take his talents to the University of Louisiana-Lafayette and play for the Ragin’ Cajuns in NCAA 1-A action.

Prejean could’ve played golf at UT-Tyler but the program is still in its infancy and it didn’t offer scholarships. Prejean is likely to get a partial scholarship at UL-L and that’s all he needed to hear.

“I always knew that I wanted to play golf at the college level,” said Prejean. “The partial scholarship is going to help and it looks like I’ll get the out-of-state tuition waived, which is great. My parents have spent so much money over the years so I could go play in all of those tournaments and I’m hoping I can pay them back a little with this because college tuition is so high.”

The rest of the story

Van Wade
The Orange Leader