Thread: Still punchless

1. Default Still punchless

Four of the UL baseball team's last five games prior to Friday were decided by just one run.

In each of those four -- a pair of wins over Western Kentucky, non-conference losses Southeastern Louisiana and Southern -- the Ragin' Cajuns scored no more than two runs.

Default Re: Still punchless

After reading this article I think it is becoming apparent what the problem is and, I think the problem is coaching beginning with Robichaux and then his staff. Notice his response to the questions posed. "Our job as pitching coaches is to give our guys a chance" So, therefore, Robichaux sees himself as a pitching coach Not a Head Coach. Problem number one! This leads to a mindset that its somebody else job to get the "GUYS" to hit. Geeze, I put them into position but the 'Guys" just didn't hit the ball - Oh Well! This drives me crazy about Robichaux. Look if he doesn't think its also his job to get the "GUYS" to hit why not hire a HITTING COACH but don't just act like its somebody else job to get the team to hit. Perhaps more batting practice - I don't know I'm not a D1 Baseball Coach. When Robichaux sees himself more as a Head Coach responsible for Wins which include hitting maybe we will do better. Perhaps Robichaux needs to go to a D1 Hitting Clinic for Head Coaches and bring back some ideas. We have got to get away from thinking we have 2 Whitey Fords and 2 Ron Guidrys ready to take the mound every nite. Last Rant: Hitting is part of the Game - Somebody please tell Robichaux!

3. UL Baseball Re: Still punchless

Quote Originally Posted by wgwillis View Post
    After reading this article I think it is becoming apparent what the problem is and, I think the problem is coaching beginning with Robichaux and then his staff. Notice his response to the questions posed. "Our job as pitching coaches is to give our guys a chance" So, therefore, Robichaux sees himself as a pitching coach Not a Head Coach. Problem number one! This leads to a mindset that its somebody else job to get the "GUYS" to hit. Geeze, I put them into position but the 'Guys" just didn't hit the ball - Oh Well! This drives me crazy about Robichaux. Look if he doesn't think its also his job to get the "GUYS" to hit why not hire a HITTING COACH but don't just act like its somebody else job to get the team to hit. Perhaps more batting practice - I don't know I'm not a D1 Baseball Coach. When Robichaux sees himself more as a Head Coach responsible for Wins which include hitting maybe we will do better. Perhaps Robichaux needs to go to a D1 Hitting Clinic for Head Coaches and bring back some ideas. We have got to get away from thinking we have 2 Whitey Fords and 2 Ron Guidrys ready to take the mound every nite. Last Rant: Hitting is part of the Game - Somebody please tell Robichaux!
    Prolonged team slump, hitting was very adaquet for the first third of the season, but fielding, and base running errors killed us in some important early games. Right now I feel a lot better about this team because you are partially right it is a lot harder to find good pitchers than good hitters. If our pitching keeps doing what it is doing, and our hitting comes back to what it was doing we will finish the season in pretty good order.

Thread Information