Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2006-07 Volunteer Days

Default Re: Painting Earl K Long Gym

Eww I see that lafayette in the corner of the court.

The rest of the court looks great.

Default Re: Volunteer Days: Break out the paint brushes for EKL Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    Anybody with a few hours should indeed try to help.

I understand your feelings, but I would want you to consider that there have been several major volunteer events and many minor ones. In all the prior cases the coaches made arragements with the followers of the sports to enlist the volunteers much earlier. I like yourself cannot be in Lafayette this week or I would be glad to help.

Late in the summer many people are taking last minute vacations, and preparing for school. So it is not an entirely minor sport vs major sport thing. You post starts off trying to shame people into working the volunteer days. That usually does not get the job done when it comes to volunteers. What gets the job done is a having a core group of leaders.

I am not bashing your request, but I think this could have been brought together much better by those in need. Mens football and basketball have a much stonger following, but that is the universe we live in.

The current painting of the football stadium was taken on by two indivduals without the help of others, or the university. Sometimes those who want something need to take things into their own hands.
    We do what we can with what we have. Our coach was pivotal in making this happen. We did promote within and Capital One's involvement was vital. The coaches as well as the players who were in town participated in the renovation. My post was not to throw shame on anyone. I have seen, thru this website especially, that the second any volunteer requests hit newsprint posts pop up hand over fist asking where and how. I am a passionate parent and volleyball fan who would never intentionally cause ill will or say anything that would bring negative connotations to volleyball. We appreciate all the hardwork.

Our girls are working hard and looking forward to a successful season. We would love to see the stands full for all our home games.

Geaux Cajuns!

Ragin' Cajuns Volunteer Day 2006? - Gerald is in need of some help (merged)

Is there going to be an official volunteer day to cleanup cajun basin this year? I've been waiting for news on the board here but so far I haven't seen anything. I wasn't able to make it last year but was really looking forward to it this year. It's getting really close to crunch time now if something will be organized.

Default Gerald is in need of some help

Gerald is planning to have the graphics of the retired jerseys installed on the student side of the stadium next Tuesday and is in need of a lift. He also needs about 2 to 3 people to give him a hand.

If anyone has access to a lift and or can help next Tuesday please give Gerald a call #482-0922 or cell #962-0296. He would really appreciate the help.

Default Not me

I was able to help four years ago becuase of the advance announcments here on the message boards. We had at least six weeks to plan, anthing less and I am out.

UL Football Re: Gerald is in need of some help

Quote Originally Posted by UL Ragin Cajun
    Gerald is planning to have the graphics of the retired jerseys installed on the student side of the stadium next Tuesday and is in need of a lift. He also needs about 2 to 3 people to give him a hand.

If anyone has access to a lift and or can help next Tuesday please give Gerald a call #482-0922 or cell #962-0296. He would really appreciate the help.
    I will be able to help if nothing comes up that trumps this work. My brother would be able to help also, but both would have to be finished prior to school letting out!

DaddyCajun

Default Re: Gerald is in need of some help

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    I will be able to help if nothing comes up that trumps this work. My brother would be able to help also, but both would have to be finished prior to school letting out!

DaddyCajun
    Thanks DaddyCajun.Please give Gerald a call and let him know or if you want you can email me and I can call him for you.

Thanks again,

UL Ragin' Cajun

I can help, let me know what time and I should be there

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    Thank you.Please give Gerald a call and he can tell you what time he needs you. His cell# is 962-0296.

Thanks Again ! !

We could pool some money together for a lift. You can rent a lift for like a hundred bucks a day.

UL Football Re: Gerald is in need of some help

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    We could pool some money together for a lift. You can rent a lift for like a hundred bucks a day.
    UL has a lift that they use to wash buildings and film games from up high. Is this the type of lift Gerald needs?

DaddyCajun

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    UL has a lift that they use to wash buildings and film games from up high. Is this the type of lift Gerald needs?

DaddyCajun
    Yes it is. Gerald said that the UL lift is not working and will cost about $5,000 to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    Gerald asked if you could be there at around 8:00 or 8:30.

Thanks again!!

Gerald is still in need of 1 or 2 more people Tuesday to help with the new graphics. He was able to get 2 lifts and a crane so that part is taken care of.

The lifts and the crane will be used to put the graphics up but also for the 2 new goal posts for the practice field and the new coaches tower that will be put on the track/soccer field. The goal post and the tower were donated by Fluid Crane.

Default Need Help With Tunnel

I know this is "Last Minute", but I will be out at Cajun Field tomorrow & Sunday pressure washing the tunnel. It looks real nasty and will take some effort to get it ready for painting. Gerald has someone lined up for the painting, it's just the cleaning (removing several layers of old & peeling paint) that needs help. This is not an "organized effort", I'm just trying to help get it done before the first game.

We will have the "massive" steam cleaner available, and I will have my pressure washer there also. I have a big scraper on a pole that will be needed in a lot of places. Any other equipment is welcome.

We could probably use one more "strong" pressure washer (3000 psi +). I think we can only run 3 due to the number of hose bibs available. We could also use several more people to help scrap some of the loose paint in the really bad areas.

If you would like to help, please call me (Steve) today @ 593-2815. We'll need some additional people so that we can rotate on the pressure washers. I'll be at the field @ 7:00 AM Saturday.

Thanks,

Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information