1 Louisiana 1 1 1 1 1 1
    2 Troy 3 2 5 3 2 3
    3 North Texas 4 3 2 4 5 3.6
    4 Middle Tenn. 5 7 3 2 4 4.2
    5 Arkansas State 2 4 4 5 7 4.4
    6 Florida l’ntl 6 6 6 7 3 5.6
    7 ULM 7 5 7 8 6 6.6
    8 Florida Atlantic 8 8 8 6 8 7.6

They came close last season to the New Orleans Bowl.

So the consensus opinion is that the next step is a very attainable one for the UL Ragin' Cajun football team.

The five most nationally recognized preseason college football magazines all predicted that the Cajuns would will win the Sun Belt Conference's regular season championship.

The Cajuns bring the nation's fifth longest winning streak into 2006, thanks to five consecutive victories to end 2005 that earned them a tie for the Sun Belt crown.

The rest of the story

UL Football Re: No one is 2nd to Louisiana in Preseason Magazines

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy

Cajuns finishing first will require Bustle to have a better defense, kicking game, and replacment of our dominant center.

News magazines do not study the Sun Belt and more or less make their projections on the what happened last will most likely happen next theory.

Default Re: No one is 2nd to Louisiana in Preseason Magazines

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    Cajuns finishing first will require Bustle to have a better defense, kicking game, and replacment of our dominant center
    I expect all three things to happen.

Cajuns finishing first will require Bustle to have a better defense, kicking game, and replacment of our dominant center.

News magazines do not study the Sun Belt and more or less make their projections on the what happened last will most likely happen next theory.
    I love Comisky but he did not impress me at all last year and with the guys we have back and the JUCO guys we have brought in I feel our defense will be much better. Once Ramos completely understands the system I believe he will be a very good replacement at center. I think Ramos will have a pretty easy transition to our offense because O-line love to run block and hit people in the mouth.

News magazines do not study the Sun Belt and more or less make their projections on the what happened last will most likely happen
    A THREE WAY TIE AT THE TOP? NO NOT AGAIN!!!

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: No one is 2nd to Louisiana in Preseason Magazines

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron
    A THREE WAY TIE AT THE TOP? NO NOT AGAIN!!!

Well hells bells nobody said that was a correct theory, only what the mass media uses.

Projection:
    UL
    Troy
    FAU
    MIDDLE
    N TEXAS
    ASU
    FIU
    ULM

Default Re: NO ONE is 2nd to LOUISIANA in Preseason FB Magazines

To my mind the key to winning the Sun Belt this year is the wr corps. every team we play will stack 9 in the box and dare us to pass the ball. if the wrs can step up, UL will put up 40+ a game if not, we may have some trouble.

8. Default CajunBlog by Dan McDonald

Normally, predictions running in preseason college football magazines don't carry a lot of weight.

Therešs a dirty little secret surrounding most of the preseason magazine stories. Virtually all are one sports writeršs opinion, and some of the stories are written by people who may or may not have much knowledge aboutcertain teams.

I know of some instances where writers did Sun Belt Conference football previews without ever seeing a team in the league play. Thatšs why thepreseason magazines, especially for some of the lower-level Division I leagues, are often well off-base.

But when they all agree, therešs probably some substance to a selection. UL's football team has been picked to win the Sun Belt title by the five best-known preseason magazines ‹ Athlon's, Lindys, The Sporting News, Phil Steeles and Street & Smith.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

No question that some of our newcomers especially on defense will have to perform to high expectations. My main focus will be on how we play. Last season no one in the SBC "out-talented" us and we won or lost depending upon how well we played.

Thread Information