Thread: No stopping Cajun softball

1. Default No stopping Cajun softball

Well, make that atop by percentage points, with the Jaguars’ 11-2 record (.846 win percentage) marginally higher than the Ragin’ Cajuns 5-1 (.833) mark. By the time the weekend was over, percentage points didn’t matter, and the visitors had come up .

Default Re: No stopping Cajun softball

Harsh! I like it!

3. UL Softball Re: No stopping Cajun softball

latest RPI in NCAA, still holding 6th. McNutt U is 67, Troy, FIU, WKU not bad. We need rain out for Middle, and FAU

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softball/d1

31 strike outs in 3 games, good lord. My math says that USA had 72 total outs in those 3 games, so by my math, 43% of atbats for USA ended without the ball even being put into play.thats ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    latest RPI in NCAA, still holding 6th. McNutt U is 67, Troy, FIU, WKU not bad. We need rain out for Middle, and FAU

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softball/d1
    I wonder if GoneGolfin has his estimated RPI numbers and we can see how close we are to #5 and what seperates us from say #16. Buy the looks of things (even if we win 90% of the rest of our games) and knowing conference affiliation of the other teams and strength of their programs it is going to hard to hold off Tenneesse, Oklahoma, Oregon, Washington, and maybe even Arizona and Georgia if they get hot.

6. UL Softball Re: No stopping Cajun softball

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    I wonder if GoneGolfin has his estimated RPI numbers and we can see how close we are to #5 and what seperates us from say #16. Buy the looks of things (even if we win 90% of the rest of our games) and knowing conference affiliation of the other teams and strength of their programs it is going to hard to hold off Tenneesse, Oklahoma, Oregon, Washington, and maybe even Arizona and Georgia if they get hot.
    They will not be estimated . but the exact numbers. I will have them later this evening.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    They will not be estimated . but the exact numbers. I will have them later this evening.

Brian
    Its later.whats the hold up?!!!

8. Default Re: No stopping Cajun softball

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Its later.whats the hold up?!!!
    Nothing like a ragin' ear infection to hold you back.

Brian

Brian
    Sorry man, did not mean to insult with the "estimated numbers". You are the man and thanks for what you provide to this site!

One more question. How many games do you think the Cajuns can lose and stay in the top 16 in RPI? I am totally guessing but I think the Cajuns can lose 4-5 maybe even 6 games total and still finish in top 16.

10. Default Re: No stopping Cajun softball

Sorry man, did not mean to insult with the "estimated numbers". You are the man and thanks for what you provide to this site!
    Not an insult . I just wanted it to be clear that these are not estimated numbers.

One more question. How many games do you think the Cajuns can lose and stay in the top 16 in RPI? I am totally guessing but I think the Cajuns can lose 4-5 maybe even 6 games total and still finish in top 16.
    See my Projecting the RPI thread from last week. You can then compare that to the latest Adjusted RPIs.

Four losses would give the Cajuns an estimated Adjusted RPI of .6448 (using the .0156 bonuses from last week, which is a safer bet). That would put the Cajuns at #18 in this week's Adjusted RPIs. Finishing with two losses would put the Cajuns at #15. Finishing undefeated would put the Cajuns at #10.

But again, there are plenty of moving parts here (including RPI bonuses). It also depends on how the teams around the Cajuns fare.

Brian

Not an insult . I just wanted it to be clear that these are not estimated numbers.

See my Projecting the RPI thread from last week. You can then compare that to the latest Adjusted RPIs.

Four losses would give the Cajuns an estimated Adjusted RPI of .6448 (using the .0156 bonuses from last week, which is a safer bet). That would put the Cajuns at #18 in this week's Adjusted RPIs. Finishing with two losses would put the Cajuns at #15. Finishing undefeated would put the Cajuns at #10.

But again, there are plenty of moving parts here (including RPI bonuses). It also depends on how the teams around the Cajuns fare.

Brian
    Wow! No room for error.

Thread Information