Cool

Default Re: SB - UL vs SA

First SoAl hitter pops out to SS, 1 out
    second hitter SO, 2 down
    third hitter pops out to SS, side retired

Going to the bottom of the 6th, Cajuns lead 3-0

Sorry, stepped away for the bottom of the 6th

Cajuns get a base runner, but not score.

Going to the top of the 7th with the Cajuns still leading 3-0.

I should also say the Ragin Cajun video stream has been very good today.

South Al in the top of the 7th

First hitter pops out to second base, 1 out
    Second hitter flies out to right field, 2 out
    Third hitter strikes out, game over

Cajuns win 3-0, getting three shutouts

6. Default Re: SB - UL vs SA

Thanks CajunAmos

very much.

7. UL Softball Re: SB - UL vs SA

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Thanks CajunAmos

very much.
    That was a fun series to watch this weekend. We sat in several locations, taking in different views/angles. This afternoon, we sat in the bleachers under the oaks in RCF . not far from Haack's HR. We had a crew of nine watching the Cajuns sweep this afternoon.

Brian

UL Softball Re: SB - UL vs SA

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    That was a fun series to watch this weekend. We sat in several locations, taking in different views/angles. This afternoon, we sat in the bleachers under the oaks in RCF . not far from Haack's HR. We had a crew of nine watching the Cajuns sweep this afternoon.

Brian
    So, what did you think from your different locations? Did you sit under the 'cover'? In the outfield, was the sound amplified? Could you hear the announcer in the outfield? What was your overall impression of the new Park? Just wondering.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
    So, what did you think from your different locations? Did you sit under the 'cover'? In the outfield, was the sound amplified? Could you hear the announcer in the outfield? What was your overall impression of the new Park? Just wondering.
    This was not my first visit to the new park. I had attended several games in the SBC Tournament last season. For those games, I sat behind home plate in the chair backs. Great view.

This weekend, all of the locations were good. Several different chairbacks in the main area . but we also spent plenty of time in the RCF bleachers under the trees. The shade was great, the view was fine, and you can certainly hear the announcer. You cannot see the scoreboard, but if you are paying attention, it is not necessary.

Overall it is a beautiful park, among the best I have seen. It is unique and built in the vernacular. IMO opinion, the facility is superior to that of University of Texas. I think it rivals the Baylor ballpark.

Brian

UL Softball Re: SB - UL vs SA

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    This was not my first visit to the new park. I had attended several games in the SBC Tournament last season. For those games, I sat behind home plate in the chair backs. Great view.

This weekend, all of the locations were good. Several different chairbacks in the main area . but we also spent plenty of time in the RCF bleachers under the trees. The shade was great, the view was fine, and you can certainly hear the announcer. You cannot see the scoreboard, but if you are paying attention, it is not necessary.

Overall it is a beautiful park, among the best I have seen. It is unique and built in the vernacular. IMO opinion, the facility is superior to that of University of Texas. I think it rivals the Baylor ballpark.

Brian
    I've been to both of those also. I believe our Park is better because of the big red fence in the outfield. I like the Baylor Park, but this one seems to be larger and I think that the seating is better. I was wondering about the announcer. Thanks for answering that.

[I was wondering about the announcer. Thanks for answering that.[/QUOTE]
    His act is getting old, makes us appear bush league in my opinion. I don't need to be entertained, I am there to to watch some top quality ball.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    [I was wondering about the announcer. Thanks for answering that.
    His act is getting old, makes us appear bush league in my opinion. I don't need to be entertained, I am there to to watch some top quality ball.[/QUOTE]

i like it. we do have top quality softball, and a funny announcer. I think the best thing about it is "if" top teams would agree to come here, and hear that and then get waxed around the base paths by us it makes it that much better. we dont take it to seriously and dont have to act like its a day at the office or a "business trip". we can smile, have fun, and still kick the $hi+ out of you is a pretty good message to send.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information