Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BB - UL vs SLU

Default Re: BB - UL vs SLU

Wheels are off and the bus is in the ditch.

Not pinch running for Sinclair was a mistake, coach said in the paper that he is nursing a hamstring. First off why risk further injury trying to beat out a bunt and 2nd you can tell in sinclair's swing he is hurting. Todd should have caught tonight to give Sinclair some rest anyway.

IMO.it all comes down to scoring. This was a mid-week game.and not one against Rice or Alabama pitching at that.and we can only score ONE FREAKIN RUN? Nine batters can't back up a fantastic performance by a freshman pitcher?

Only one word for that -- pitiful.

Austin pictched one hell of a game. His biggest mistake was the error on the bunt that run scored. The picth the kid hit the double on was a breaking pitch a nice one at that the batter guessed right. But like said earlier you wont win a whole lot of games when you only score one run. The double play on the bunt I really thought that Borque beat it out and the third strike on T-Fred was a horrible call that pitch was so far out side he would have needed a flag pole to hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    What a sick way to lose a ballgame. The pitching was great. The decision to keep robe in was fine. The simple fact is that one run is almost never enough to win a ballgame.
    +1.you need to protect a young arm better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    IMO.it all comes down to scoring. This was a mid-week game.and not one against Rice or Alabama pitching at that.and we can only score ONE FREAKIN RUN? Nine batters can't back up a fantastic performance by a freshman pitcher?

Only one word for that -- pitiful.
    Amen.

I was disappointed to see a freshman for their team come in and shut us down 2 innings in a row with 40 fastballs in the 8th and 9th. Especially in the 9th with the meat of our lineup in there. The pitcher was 91-92, but they were all straight fastballs and we couldn't hit them. I didn't see one off speed pitch in the 9th and I don't remember there being one in the 8th.

His numbers before last night on the year were 11.12 ERA in 11.1 IP, 13 hits, 14 runs and 10 walks. We made a guy with nothing but a 91 mph straight fastball look pretty good last night when it mattered.

Robichaux was tired. That was evident when they started hittng him. I can see leaving him in if you have a four run lead, with two outs and two strikes on the batter at the plate that can hurt you. That's what a closer is for. Leaving him in because he pitched a fantastic game and want him to finish what he started is a bad decision. If you want to win the game made that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Robichaux was tired. That was evident when they started hittng him. I can see leaving him in if you have a four run lead, with two outs and two strikes on the batter at the plate that can hurt you. That's what a closer is for. Leaving him in because he pitched a fantastic game and want him to finish what he started is a bad decision. If you want to win the game made that decision.
    Apparently our line-up was tired coming out of the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Apparently our line-up was tired coming out of the locker room.
    +2

Also.we have no shut down closer.

+2

Also.we have no shut down closer.
    we gave up 2 runs and lost, nothing to do with the closer, and hicks came in and threw 2 pitches and got the last out. 1-0 college ball games are few and far between

We have two closers who I trust completely.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    we gave up 2 runs and lost, nothing to do with the closer, and hicks came in and threw 2 pitches and got the last out. 1-0 college ball games are few and far between
    No.what I meant was we don't have a closer that I trust can come into a game under any circumstances and shut things down. I didn't have a problem keeping Austin in. What I had a problem with was 9 guys not being able to step up and score more than ONE run in a midweek game.

No.what I meant was we don't have a closer that I trust can come into a game under any circumstances and shut things down. I didn't have a problem keeping Austin in. What I had a problem with was 9 guys not being able to step up and score more than ONE run in a midweek game.
    i think hicks is more than capable of holding things down a little longer until kellog returns. We have not had a shut down closer since danny farquar, those are also few and far between. Satriano was close but to say the game is over when the guy runs out the pen, i dont remember saying that since danny.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    i think hicks is more than capable of holding things down a little longer until kellog returns. We have not had a shut down closer since danny farquar, those are also few and far between. Satriano was close but to say the game is over when the guy runs out the pen, i dont remember saying that since danny.
    Right. And that's all I meant. Leaving Austin in IMO wasn't the problem because Hicks has had a couple of games recently where he struggled. Our ability to score was the problem.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information