Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Watching the NCAA Final

1. Default Watching the NCAA Final

Kansas keeps taking the ball inside----Quit doing it---they either get the shot blocked or have to readjust the angle of the arc that it comes off too high on the glass---Besides you are behind by 11-14 points behind----Please start shooting 3s to get back in the game---your ONLY chance!!!!

Default Re: Watching the NCAA Final

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Kansas keeps taking the ball inside----Quit doing it---they either get the shot blocked or have to readjust the angle of the arc that it comes off too high on the glass---Besides you are behind by 11-14 points behind----Please start shooting 3s to get back in the game---your ONLY chance!!!!
    They aren't a good three point shooting team Boomer. I think less than 30%.

Boom that strategy doesn't always work

look what happened with purpose team, we are down by 5, we start throwing up the three and next thing we are down by 11

4. Default Re: Watching the NCAA Final

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    They aren't a good three point shooting team Boomer. I think less than 30%.
    -----We know what doesn't work and will not work---Try something else that at least has a chance to work!!!!

After watching these two teams, I can say with confidence.WE SUCK.

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    After watching these two teams, I can say with confidence.WE SUCK.
    This

There were probably 9 first round picks on the floor tonight.

After watching the ladies play in the NCAA tourney this year I realized collegiate basketball players make free throws when the game is on the line.

Too often KU failed to be strong in the paint, which allowed Kentucky to excel defensively with its great length. You combat length by taking it straight into the chest of the defender.

Plus, guards Tyshawn Taylor and Elijah Johnson shined at times this season but made some poor decisions at key times in the closing minutes after KU pulled close.

I attended the game after getting a ticket on late notice, which was fun to experience but frustrating at times to watch.

10. UL Basketball Re: Watching the NCAA Final

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    After watching the ladies play in the NCAA tourney this year I realized collegiate basketball players make free throws when the game is on the line.
    You do realize that they play with a much smaller ball making free throws, and all shots much easier. In addition men basketball players are not always good shooters because shooting is not the most important part of their game, the big kid from Kentucky dominated the game and had zero points for a long time in that game. He is a good foul shooter and good field goal maker, but last night he simply owned the court with little scoring.

Couldn't help but notice nothing but vastness behind both goals last night (and for the semifinals).and somehow they still made shots. But yet I hear complaints that the Cajundome is jus too wide open to shoot in. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Couldn't help but notice nothing but vastness behind both goals last night (and for the semifinals).and somehow they still made shots. But yet I hear complaints that the Cajundome is jus too wide open to shoot in. Go figure.
    Nowhere else compares to the Superdome for that!!

13. Default Re: Watching the NCAA Final

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    Too often KU failed to be strong in the paint, which allowed Kentucky to excel defensively with its great length. You combat length by taking it straight into the chest of the defender.

Plus, guards Tyshawn Taylor and Elijah Johnson shined at times this season but made some poor decisions at key times in the closing minutes after KU pulled close.

I attended the game after getting a ticket on late notice, which was fun to experience but frustrating at times to watch.
    ----Disagree----Height prevails----tet au tet----Do you know why the University of Kansas is referred to as KU?????

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----Disagree----Height prevails----tet au tet----Do you know why the University of Kansas is referred to as KU?????
    I don't know specifically about KU, but interestingly, several of the original Big 12 teams referred to themselves that way. Any idea why?

KU - University of Kansas
    OU - University of Oklahoma
    CU - University of Colorado

IU - Indiana University

I wonder if UL had gone the Louisiana University route, like Indiana did, would we be known simply as Louisiana today and not have had a 2nd school like ULM to deal with?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I don't know specifically about KU, but interestingly, several of the original Big 12 teams referred to themselves that way. Any idea why?

KU - University of Kansas
    OU - University of Oklahoma
    CU - University of Colorado

IU - Indiana University

I wonder if UL had gone the Louisiana University route, like Indiana did, would we be known simply as Louisiana today and not have had a 2nd school like ULM to deal with?
    That's a bold idea.I like it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information