Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Broadway Sharp in UL Spring Game

1. Default Broadway Sharp in UL Spring Game

Terrance Broadway earned a few extra hours of sleep Saturday, something he might need when competition gets serious later this year for the University of Louisiana starting quarterback position.

2. Default Re: Broadway Sharp in UL Spring Game

I wonder if the White Team having coach Stewart helped in how Gautier was defended.

Default Re: Broadway Sharp in UL Spring Game

No I just really think Broadway could very well be the better QB

Gautier wasn't very impressive in last year's spring game, either. If I remember correctly, he made a few nice throws and showed a big arm but he had a couple fumbles and picks. Same thing this year. When the bullets were flying for real, he delivered. Broadway very well may end up being better, but he'll have to wait a year. I'm just glad that we finally won't have to cringe and pray (literally in my case) "I'm fine with a punt, just don't turn it over or get sacked" when the backup comes in and then go to confession because I followed that by dropping a couple F-bombs because he turned it over or got sacked.

I don't think Broadway wants to wait another year, from comments made in Sunday's paper he said it was hard but he was able to deal with it waiting and watching.

I hope he can stick it out .I wanna see this kid play at Cajun Field. Hopefully he understands that good things come to those who wait. Sitting one more year will only make him hungrier.

broadway will play this year, even after blaine earned the starting spot you still saw plenty of Mason. With the way blaine runs he will most likey get dinged up at some point in the year and hudspeth has already stated that he would like for blaine to run more this year and I think they will do that because they wont be as nervous with broadway standing on the sideline. Hopefully we see broadway in a couple mop up duty situations as well.

Hudspeth said they will both see the field this year

9. Default Re: Broadway Sharp in UL Spring Game

I hope that they are in at the same time with Boomers Twin direction Righty/Lefty fakes and sprint out passes!!!! Fans will need to use their peripheral vision to the max this year!!!!! LOL BTW when we had a lefty last time with Des it wasn't put in by the staff to my disappointment!!!!! And to their no longer coaching!! LOL

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I hope that they are in at the same time with Boomers Twin direction Righty/Lefty fakes and sprint out passes!!!! Fans will need to use their peripheral vision to the max this year!!!!! LOL BTW when we had a lefty last time with Des it wasn't put in by the staff to my disappointment!!!!! And to their no longer coaching!! LOL
    We don't need it. I'm pretty stoked about both Blaine and Terrance available at the QB, along with a solid group of RBs. and some excellent ball catchers. With the talent we've got on offense we're going to be a very difficult team to stop this year. Woohoo!!! Geaux Cajuns!!!

I may be stating the obvious here, but I don't remember ever having the kind of talent we have right now, especially at the skill positions. I'm beginning to think we have a real shot at going 11-1 this coming year. Yeah, I know I may be over-excited, and getting ahead of things, but I guess that's what the Hud does to you.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I may be stating the obvious here, but I don't remember ever having the kind of talent we have right now, especially at the skill positions. I'm beginning to think we have a real shot at going 11-1 this coming year. Yeah, I know I may be over-excited, and getting ahead of things, but I guess that's what the Hud does to you.
    Defense wins championships.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Defense wins championships.
    Of course it does.

Good teams win championships. The Giants not a great defensive team. LSU great defensive team not a champion. You need all three to be good enough to win.

Actually he said Blaine is the starting QB and that will not change but Broadway will see field time too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information