Thread: Ragin Cajun Lacrosse

Default Ragin Cajun Lacrosse

The Ragin Cajun Lacrosse team has a huge event this coming weekend. The Cajuns will be playing cross state rivals the LSU Tigers this Friday at 7:00 pm at STM Cougar Stadium. The turnout should be large as many of the local and state high school lacrosse players and parents are planning to attend. The game between LSU and the Cajuns will feature several high school all-State and all-American lacrosse players from across the state, many from Lafayette. The Ragin Cajun Lacrosse team has made the Division II play offs for the first time since the team was formed a year ago and the LSU tigers are in the hunt for a Division I playoff berth as well.

Come out and support the Cajun Lax team!!

Default Re: Ragin Cajun Lacrosse

Quote Originally Posted by UL Alum93 View Post
    The Ragin Cajun Lacrosse team has a huge event this coming weekend. The Cajuns will be playing cross state rivals the LSU Tigers this Friday at 7:00 pm at STM Cougar Stadium. The turnout should be large as many of the local and state high school lacrosse players and parents are planning to attend. The game between LSU and the Cajuns will feature several high school all-State and all-American lacrosse players from across the state, many from Lafayette. The Ragin Cajun Lacrosse team has made the Division II play offs for the first time since the team was formed a year ago and the LSU tigers are in the hunt for a Division I playoff berth as well.

Why aren't they playing at the Cajun Soccer and T&F Complex instead of a high school?

I was just about to post about this game. Should be a good one to come out and watch!!! I thought the game was at 5PM. did the time change?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Why aren't they playing at the Cajun Soccer and T&F Complex instead of a high school?
    Those fields aren't big enough for a Lacrosse Field.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    Those fields aren't big enough for a Lacrosse Field.
    The field is big enough.the LAX Team had trouble getting the field due to being a "club" sport.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuntbray View Post
    The field is big enough.the LAX Team had trouble getting the field due to being a "club" sport.
    Sorry I was thinking of different fields. Yea that's probably the reason and the fact that it's track season so the field is probably being used on the weekend

Heard these guys on the radio this morning. Very interesting and playing some solid competition this weekend in LSU and TEXAS A&M. LSU is Friday night at 7 p.m. and ATM is Sunday at 1 p.m., for all of those interested. All games will be played at St. Thomas More Football Stadium. $5 at the gate for general admission. UL Students get in free with ID and all highschool students are also free(if I understood correctly). Also, at the Friday night game, crawfish etouffee will be served at the concession for all observing lent.

FYI - The friday night game will have a very local flavor as many of the players from both UL and LSU attended STM and other local highschools.

Unfortunately this year was a learning curve for everyone since it was only our 2nd year in existence. Our last home game (prior to the playoffs) will be played on Cajun Field, we are fortunate to have STM for our home games. Hopefully we can get our schedule in early enough next year to play all of our home games at Cajun Field. Come out to support the guys, let's see if we can do what baseball couldn't do last nite and end up with a "W" over the Tiggers!

Here's a couple of links to follow the team!

http://mcla.us/teams/louisiana_lafay./schedule.html
    http://mcla.us/teams/louisiana_lafay.12/roster.html
    http://mcla.us/standings/2012/LSA/

Unfortunately this year was a learning curve for everyone since it was only our 2nd year in existence. Our last home game (prior to the playoffs) will be played on Cajun Field, we are fortunate to have STM for our home games. Hopefully we can get our schedule in early enough next year to play all of our home games at Cajun Field. Come out to support the guys, let's see if we can do what baseball couldn't do last nite and end up with a "W" over the Tiggers!

Here's a couple of links to follow the team!

http://mcla.us/teams/louisiana_lafay./schedule.html
    http://mcla.us/teams/louisiana_lafay.12/roster.html
    http://mcla.us/standings/2012/LSA/
    Doesn't look like that is the case anymore. Looks like Austin College has canceled their entire season meaning there will be no game at Cajun Field. What a shame.

So who will be going to the game today?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Ragin Cajun Lacrosse

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    So who will be going to the game today?
    As a previous lacrosse player I will be there!

Will be there with headphones for the baseball game.

Thread Information