Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vermilion & White SPRING GAME (1pm Saturday)

Default Re: SPRING GAME

http://www.ragincajuns.com/news/2012.227120120.aspx
    The practice season will conclude with the annual Spring game, which will be held on Saturday, March 31 beginning at 1:00 p.m. at Cajun Field.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-12/s.l-schedule.php
    Date Opponent Time/TV Tickets
    Saturday
    03/31/12 Ragin' Cajuns Spring Game
    Cajun Field, Lafayette, LA 1:00 p.m. CT ---

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article.pring-football

Default Re: SPRING GAME

1pm = no tailgating

3. Default Red vs. White Spring Game Set For Saturday

The annual Ragin’ Cajuns Red vs. White spring game will be held on Saturday, March 31 beginning at 1:00 p.m. in Cajun Field.

Admission to the game is free.

Parking for the game will also be free with spaces for tailgating being available on a first come, first served basis as well.

The band CajuNation will also be playing from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on the Oak Tree Stage.

“I want to invite our fans to Cajun Field this Saturday to see for themselves what we are going to be like as a team this fall,” second year head coach Mark Hudspeth said.

“A lot has happened within the program since the New Orleans Bowl win. There are a lot of new names and faces in the lineup, so this will be a great opportunity for our fans to get a preview of the 2012 season.”

The Ragin’ Cajuns will take a different approach to the format of the Red vs. White game this year, treating it like it is a real game.

“We are going to have a little fun with the spring game this year,” Hudspeth said. “We have already split the coaching staff into teams and on Wednesday, we are going to sit down with both groups drafting the players.

“We aren’t going to go first team against the first team like last year. We feel good enough about the competition and depth at almost all of our positions to let the coaches choose teams and have them play a game.

“Our staff and players are going to approach this just like a game. They will have separate pre-game meals and meetings, and they will warm-up in two groups. We will even take half of the practice on Friday and allow them to work together as a team with one group being on the practice field and the other in the indoor,” Hudspeth added.

The Red team will be coached by offensive coordinator Jay Johnson and assistant head coach Reed Stringer with assistant coaches Tim Rebowe (safeties) and Tim Edwards (defensive line).

Defensive coordinator Greg Stewart, running game coordinator Mitch Rodrigue and assistant coaches David Saunders, Jorge Munoz and Marquase Lovings will guide the White team.

Hudspeth has gone so far as to divy up the rest of the football and support staff. “We want everybody that the team works with every day to be on a team

Hudspeth has required just one roster necessity, mandating that quarterbacks Blaine Gautier and Terrance Broadway play on opposite sides.

“Both Blaine and Terrance have had great spring practices so far and I believe that both quarterbacks will get snaps this fall. We want to give those two the majority of the snaps this weekend,” Hudspeth said.

And with the team being evenly split, one team will win and one will lose. “The winning team gets to take Monday off from conditioning while the losers will get to come into the stadium and Protect The House,” Hudspeth said of the conditioning drill in which the UL players touch every step in the stadium.

The Ragin’ Cajuns accomplished a rare feat in 2011, winning nine games after losing nine contests the year before, including a last-second 32-30 win over San Diego State in the New Orleans Bowl.

Tickets in the 31,000 seat Cajun Field should be at a premium this fall after the Ragin’ Cajuns averaged a school-record 29,171 fans last year, leading the nation with an increase of 11,788 fans per game.

Renewal notices for season tickets were mailed in early March with a renewal deadline of April 9.

New season tickets are available by visiting the Ragin’ Cajuns Ticket Central online at RaginCajuns.com or by calling (337) 851-2011. Ticket prices start at just $96 with a special Family 5 Pak featuring lower bowl seating being available for $330.

Homes SO Clean

Default UL Spring Game

Is it still this weekend on the 31st??

If so I cant wait to see a.) how many people show up b.) the new recruits c.)FOOTBALL

Default Re: UL Spring Game

Just get up earlier and start tailgating earlier. We need to stop looking for excuses not to and find a way to. I will be cooking right in front of the Tigue right by the ramp going into the stadium by the big oak tree. If you cannot get your group shoot me an email we can get together and do it there for those who want. I have a pit there and a tent. I am going to be there just let me know.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    Just get up earlier and start tailgating earlier. We need to stop looking for excuses not to and find a way to. I will be cooking right in front of the Tigue right by the ramp going into the stadium by the big oak tree. If you cannot get your group shoot me an email we can get together and do it there for those who want. I have a pit there and a tent. I am going to be there just let me know.
    of course you all can AND will tailgate! Get out a tad early catch the game then the tail gating WILL continue as we begin the serious cooking and pontificatin as we re watch the new Orleans bowl at out spot!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    Amen, brother. I'll be working the event in some capacity, but I'll try to swing by if time permits.

8. Default Re: UL Spring Game

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    of course you all can AND will tailgate! Get out a tad early catch the game then the tail gating WILL continue as we begin the serious cooking and pontificatin as we re watch the new Orleans bowl at out spot!
    I'll be sure to make a pass, since I don't think we are setting up a tailgate for this. This week is too clustered to even organize one.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

bring it on down

But its going to be HOT!

But there will be no breeeeze!

But I have to wash my dog!!!!

Stop the madness. be there

Bandwagon fan? Cajunhawk you guys going to be there?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information