Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Regular Season

1. UL Softball The Perfect Regular Season

When we were 7-0 Stevie P said we are not going undefeated. When we were 14-0 he said we were not going undefeated, at 21-0 he was still on that bandwagon, and at 28-0 he keeps telling me not to expect perfection. Jay Walker says losing a game is good, get that distraction and tension off your back so to speak.

Well I dissagree totally with that thinking. First of all this team can lose to any team, and could does not mean probably will. From this moment on this team will be highly favored in every game. Put another way your life hangs in the balance, UL vs any team left take your choice your life depends on it. Now lets expand that choice, UL vs the field the rest of the regular season. A lot harder choice, but I think I take the Cajuns against the field.

Jay Walker thinks it is better to get the win monkey off your back, kind of the loss monkey in reverse. I think that monkey goes away totally once we hit post season regionals, that win streak tension will be replaced with tension to just win a game in the regionals. So the the tension in the regular season matters not because either you are perfect or not it will not affect the balance of this regular season.

Sure hope Troy does not make this thread moot. lol

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: The Perfect Regular Season

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    When we were 7-0 Stevie P said we are not going undefeated. When we were 14-0 he said we were not going undefeated, at 21-0 he was still on that bandwagon, and at 28-0 he keeps telling me not to expect perfection. Jay Walker says losing a game is good, get that distraction and tension off your back so to speak.

Well I dissagree totally with that thinking. First of all this team can lose to any team, and could does not mean probably will. From this moment on this team will be highly favored in every game. Put another way your life hangs in the balance, UL vs any team left take your choice your life depends on it. Now lets expand that choice, UL vs the field the rest of the regular season. A lot harder choice, but I think I take the Cajuns against the field.

Jay Walker thinks it is better to get the win monkey off your back, kind of the loss monkey in reverse. I think that monkey goes away totally once we hit post season regionals, that win streak tension will be replaced with tension to just win a game in the regionals. So the the tension in the regular season matters not because either you are perfect or not it will not affect the balance of this regular season.

Sure hope Troy does not make this thread moot. lol
    Troy has played no one of any consequence this year. Unless we are just not ready mentally we should be 31-0 come Sunday afternoon.

Understand, mental is huge. We are clearly one of the most physically talented teams in America, if we lose a game.its all mental.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Troy has played no one of any consequence this year. Unless we are just not ready mentally we should be 31-0 come Sunday afternoon.

Understand, mental is huge. We are clearly one of the most physically talented teams in America, if we lose a game.its all mental.

Z
    Just beat #21 Auburn 7-1 a couple of nights ago.

Uh, they are coming off a big win against #21 Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post

Z

As we all know,anybody can beat anybody,anyday.As the coaches say,BATTLE ONE PITCH AT A TIME !

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Uh, they are coming off a big win against #21 Auburn.
    Not impressed by that.somr of their losses are atrocious. ULM took 2-3. Listen fellas. all I am saying is we will not play anyone for the rest of the season that is more talented physically than we are.

Again, if we lose a game, its because we arent focused not because the other team was more talented.

I am an ex band jock, I know what I am talking about!!!

Z

7. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: The Perfect Regular Season

Nobody we play this year are more talented than UL.

Nobody we play this year are more talented than UL.
    true.

9. Default Re: The Perfect Regular Season

RIP

Troy wins 9-4

RIP

Troy wins 9-4
    Thanks a lot Express.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Thread fail!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    Thread fail!
    Express was the jinx. The team will be informed.

This thread is dumb, we weren't going undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    MOST, and I mean MOST threads on here are DUMB!!!

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    Great timing (had nothing to do with the loss)

If he had waited another day it would have been dumb.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information