Thread: Senior Soccer Player Melissa Minton Wins 2012 Miss UL

1. Default Senior Soccer Player Melissa Minton Wins 2012 Miss UL

LAFAYETTE, La. -- Ragin’ Cajuns senior soccer player Melissa Minton was named Miss UL at the 2012 University of Louisiana Pageant, which was held Thursday evening at the student union.

The Lake Charles, La. native was one of five Cajuns to play in all 20 games in 2011 and equaled a team-high with 19 starts. The midfielder finished third on the squad with nine points, including three goals and three assists during the year. Minton was second on the team with 14 shots on goal and took the majority of the Cajuns corner kicks with a total of 56.

“The team and I are very proud of Melissa,” head coach Scot Wieland said. “Pageantry has always been a big part of Melissa’s life and she has done an amazing job balancing it with her studies and soccer! That’s a pretty hefty plate and she does them all very well!”

“Melissa is very honored to be crowned Miss UL and looking forward to representing her university towards her next goal of winning the Miss Louisiana Pageant. She will be the first athlete at UL to have the opportunity of winning a conference soccer championship and a Miss Louisiana Pageant in the same year, maybe we will bring her crown on the road with us for good luck!”

The Ragin’ Cajuns are coming off a six-win season in 2011 and claimed the championship of the 5th Annual Louisiana Spring College Cup on March 3. UL finished 4-0 in the tournament, picking up victories over Nicholls State, McNeese State, Northwestern State and La.-Monroe.

2. Default Re: Senior Soccer Player Melissa Minton Wins 2012 Miss UL

Anyone know if MM played in the alumni game last week?

Default Re: Senior Soccer Player Melissa Minton Wins 2012 Miss UL

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I know she played in McNeese game so I would assume she played in the alumni game.

Louisiana Campus Re: Senior Soccer Player Melissa Minton Wins 2012 Miss UL

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No. I believe she was there with the rest of the team. However, with a few exceptions, the team on the field was comprised of underclassmen.

Default Re: Senior Soccer Player Melissa Minton Wins 2012 Miss UL

She is playing as a fifth year senior due to an injury in the past. I'm pretty sure that she already has a degree. She is a wonderful young lady and will go far as far as she wants to in life. Excellent Rep for UL.

Thread Information