Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saints: Sean Payton suspended for 1 year.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Saints: Sean Payton suspended for 1 year.

Did I spell it right this time?

Z

Default Re: Sean Payton suspended for 1 year.

APB: Kevin Foote

Everyone drop what they are doing and locate Kevin Foote. We must find him and make sure he hasn't suffered a heart attack or stroke.

GEAUX UL!

That's a tough pill to swallow. But they have no one to blame but themselves. The question that has to be asked, was it all worth it? For a ring.I would say yes.

Foote already knew this would happen to a degree.the Super Bowl is in New Orleans.bad things happen to the Super Bowl home team the year they host.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    That's a tough pill to swallow. But they have no one to blame but themselves. The question that has to be asked, was it all worth it? For a ring.I would say yes.

Foote already knew this would happen to a degree.the Super Bowl is in New Orleans.bad things happen to the Super Bowl home team the year they host.

I can't wait to see how the people in New Orleans react to this. They can be very creative.

7. Default Re: Sean Payton suspended for 1 year.

Is he suspended with or without pay--------If he loses all his PAY a TON of money gone!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Is he suspended with or without pay--------If he loses all his PAY a TON of money gone!!!!
    without pay

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    WITHOUT!

GEAUX UL!

10. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Sean Payton suspended for 1 year.

Some of course are in denial, and think the NFL is out to get the Saints, and New Orleans. Most over here of course realize the biggest problem, and one voiced by Roger on the NFL Network moments ago was the lying to the commissioner during the investigation, and the fact that the policy continued after being told to quit. Had they not lied, and stopped it the punishment would have been a lot less, perhaps a slap on the wrist even.

Remember Michal Vick lied to the commissioner and he was handed his head. You never lie to the commissioner.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Some of course are in denial, and think the NFL is out to get the Saints, and New Orleans. Most over here of course realize the biggest problem, and one voiced by Roger on the NFL Network moments ago was the lying to the commissioner during the investigation, and the fact that the policy continued after being told to quit. Had they not lied, and stopped it the punishment would have been a lot less, perhaps a slap on the wrist even.

Remember Michal Vick lied to the commissioner and he was handed his head. You never lie to the commissioner.
    are you serious? this is nothing more than ammo for goodell to go into court against all these former players lawsuits about head injuries. He wants to be able to say, see we care about player safety and we are doing everything to protect them, this is nothing more, nothing less. When actually all he cares about is revenue. If he really cared so much about safety why suggest 18 games? money! why not make players wear all the pads that are provided? why allow incentive laden contracts for defensive players at all? why does ray lewis make so much money? because he hurts poeple. people are scared to cross the middle. why does james harrison make so much money? because he hurts people. goodell found the scape goat he was looking for in the saints and took them to the wood shed. Were they wrong in doing what they did? yep, but this is essentially the death penalty to a team that was the leagues doormat for 40 years. Looks like goodell is reminding us of where our place is and trying to cover his own ___. you cant stop this from happening, players will still have side bets with each other for big hits, its part of the game. there is nothing you can do to stop it. why was the league denying the NFLPA to conduct their own investigation? i mean they claim to have 50,000 documents, why not let everyone read them? because its all bull s h i t. roger goodell doesnt want them to stop, because these same vicious violent hits is what makes the nfl a billion dollar industry. If they want to come down for violation of the salary cap, thats fine i can live with that, because thats about the extent of what this was, a violation of the salary cap, players making more money than what was on paper. in fact go on nfl.com and all they say is how this shows how serious goodell is about player safety. really? thats weird that all over the website that he has control over it mentions how much this shows he is concerned about this. PROPAGANDA bull s h i t !! All the while nothing happend to the god, bill bellicheck who actually damaged the integrity of the game by cheating. For all the supposed illegal hits by the saints, where are they? they had refs on the field for all those games last i checked. We were not penalized anymore than anyone else. we did not have cart offs more than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post

Are you insinuating that the Bounty program is the reason they won the Superbowl? I sure hope not.

13. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Sean Payton suspended for 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    are you serious? this is nothing more than ammo for goodell to go into court against all these former players lawsuits about head injuries. He wants to be able to say, see we care about player safety and we are doing everything to protect them, this is nothing more, nothing less. When actually all he cares about is revenue. If he really cared so much about safety why suggest 18 games? money! why not make players wear all the pads that are provided? why allow incentive laden contracts for defensive players at all? why does ray lewis make so much money? because he hurts poeple. people are scared to cross the middle. why does james harrison make so much money? because he hurts people. goodell found the scape goat he was looking for in the saints and took them to the wood shed. Were they wrong in doing what they did? yep, but this is essentially the death penalty to a team that was the leagues doormat for 40 years. Looks like goodell is reminding us of where our place is and trying to cover his own ___. you cant stop this from happening, players will still have side bets with each other for big hits, its part of the game. there is nothing you can do to stop it. why was the league denying the NFLPA to conduct their own investigation? i mean they claim to have 50,000 documents, why not let everyone read them? because its all bull s h i t. roger goodell doesnt want them to stop, because these same vicious violent hits is what makes the nfl a billion dollar industry. If they want to come down for violation of the salary cap, thats fine i can live with that, because thats about the extent of what this was, a violation of the salary cap, players making more money than what was on paper.
    wow? no doubt this is to protect the nfl, he admitted as much. still the nfl and the commissioner will never ignor being lied to. clearly the nfl does not want this on the year that the saints, and new orleans are host to the super bowl, how can that be a good thing for the nfl.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    Are you insinuating that the Bounty program is the reason they won the Superbowl? I sure hope not.
    It was part of the Super Bowl run.whether you want to believe it or not.

15. Default Re: Sean Payton suspended for 1 year.

Haven't there been reports that Williams did the same thing when he was with the Redskins?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information