19 Texas A&M 20-8 177 22
    20 Michigan 17-9 171 19
    21 Auburn 23-6 157 20
    22 South Florida 24-5 122 25
    23 Florida State 23-5 112 21
    24 North Carolina 21-8 43
    25 DePaul 15-7 36 24

Others receiving votes:
    Oregon St. 22, Georgia Tech 11, New Mexico 10, LSU 7, S.C. Upstate 7, Syracuse 5, Tulsa 3, McNeese St. 2, Kansas 1

Dropped out:
    No. 23 New Mexico

2. Default Softball: Cajuns Crack Top 10, Climb to No. 8 in Both Polls

The undefeated Ragin’ Cajuns softball team cracked the top 10 for the first time this season, standing in at No. 8 in both top 25 polls, which were released Tuesday.

Default Re: Softball: Cajuns Crack Top 10, Climb to No. 8 in Both Polls

Why the ______ is Arizona St. still #5!?!

I'm starting to think this team might be good.

5. Default Re: Softball: Cajuns Crack Top 10, Climb to No. 8 in Both Polls

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    You are simply reveling in the glory of finally being able to comprehend where the Cajun softball team is ranked, being that the Cajuns now have a single digit ranking.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Yeah, they're starting to show some signs of coming around this season! LOL! Great start to this season! Hope they can stay on a roll! It is not important to be undefeated, only to go far into the play-offs. Anything less than the WCWS, at this point, would be disappointing. But regardless, I am so proud of this team. They are a special group! Hopefully this is the year we get that NC!

Any word on our RPI yet? What would it likely have to be in order for us to host a regional come seasons end?

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    You are simply reveling in the glory of finally being able to comprehend where the Cajun softball team is ranked, being that the Cajuns now have a single digit ranking.

Brian
    I'm just more comfortable with smaller numbers. :-)

Um, Arizona St has 3 losses, we are undefeated. Yes, they've probably played a tougher schedule, but 1 of their 3 losses was to McNeese, who we beat 6-0, and another to us, a 9-2 blowout. How can it be justified for them to be ahead of us in the rankings? Especially 3 spots ahead! That makes absolutely no sense. I've always heard that the pollsters are supposed to rank teams based on 2 things: how impressive has their season been (28-3 vs 26-0, advantage UL), and who they think would beat other teams on a neutral field (UL 9-ASU 2, on a neutral field). I'd like to hear the explanations from the voters to explain why they voted ASU ahead of UL. Guaranteed, if the names on the front of the jerseys was reversed, our ladies would be 10 spots ahead.

And before it is said, I know that in-season rankings have nothing to do with anything. BUT, they are done, so they are open for discussion and criticism.

10. UL Softball Re: Softball: Cajuns Crack Top 10, Climb to No. 8 in Both Polls

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Um, Arizona St has 3 losses, we are undefeated. Yes, they've probably played a tougher schedule, but 1 of their 3 losses was to McNeese, who we beat 6-0, and another to us, a 9-2 blowout. How can it be justified for them to be ahead of us in the rankings? Especially 3 spots ahead! That makes absolutely no sense. I've always heard that the pollsters are supposed to rank teams based on 2 things: how impressive has their season been (28-3 vs 26-0, advantage UL), and who they think would beat other teams on a neutral field (UL 9-ASU 2, on a neutral field). I'd like to hear the explanations from the voters to explain why the voted ASU ahead of UL. Guaranteed, if the names on the front of the jerseys was reversed, our ladies would be 10 spots ahead.
    You do not look at who someone loses to only, but who they beat. I have not done the research but I would say the schedule they played is a good bit stronger than the one we played. In addition the McNutt women are getting votes for top 25 so it is not like they are dog meat.

If our games against UNC, one of the Tulsa games, and of course Arizona had gone on and we had won then you might see us a couple of notches higher. All we need to do is keep on doing what we have and ther rewards, that being a NATIONAL SEED is what important, not a ranking. Ranking is for the ego, seeding is for optimizing your chances to become national champs.

11. Default Re: Softball: Cajuns Crack Top 10, Climb to No. 8 in Both Polls

Is there anything wrong with our facilities that would prevent us from hosting a regional???? I would think that Alabama is a lock---as we go to the West----LSU---Houston---Baylor---Texas---Anymore teams of interest?????

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Any word on our RPI yet? What would it likely have to be in order for us to host a regional come seasons end?
    The official NCAA RPI will start being published next week. To totally lock a regional I think we will need to be in the top eight. I think we have a very good shot with an RPI in the top 20. Our competition from a geographic standpoint, which is critical, will be LSU, Texas, Texas A & M, Alabama, Auburn & Baylor. Good news is I think we have LSU beat out this year. Alabama definitely host and Texas probably will also. Those could hurt us but they will need a home for the other teams mentioned to keep conference foes apart. We really need to hope the region produces a nice number of NCAA teams. McNeese continuing with a strong year and getting an at-large along with a Southland conference automatic would be beneficial.

Definitely one of the best oppurtunities to host that we have had in many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Is there anything wrong with our facilities that would prevent us from hosting a regional???? I would think that Alabama is a lock---as we go to the West----LSU---Houston---Baylor---Texas---Anymore teams of interest?????
    If there was something with our facilities holding us back from hosting, I think we would have included that when we rebuilt the stadium. Nothing should prevent us from hosting other than our RPI

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I'd bet our facility is at worst top 10 in the country, with no issues with hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You do not look at who someone loses to only, but who they beat. I have not done the research but I would say the schedule they played is a good bit stronger than the one we played. In addition the McNutt women are getting votes for top 25 so it is not like they are dog meat.

If our games against UNC, one of the Tulsa games, and of course Arizona had gone on and we had won then you might see us a couple of notches higher. All we need to do is keep on doing what we have and ther rewards, that being a NATIONAL SEED is what important, not a ranking. Ranking is for the ego, seeding is for optimizing your chances to become national champs.
    I just went to the Sun Devil softball site to check out their schedule. Not only is it not stronger than ours, but guess how many games they've played so far at "away" sites. The answer is.less than one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information