Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Tulane at the Tigue (game canceled)

Default Tulane at the Tigue (game canceled)

So, just curious. what do you guys think the attendance will be for this game tomorrow night? Last time Tulane came to town, we still had the old red bleachers and it was a packed house, felt like we were watching a tournament game. I'd really like to see a packed house again, just don't feel like people have been as amped up for this game as they should be.

In any case, I cannot wait for this game. The only down side is that their RPI is extremely low, which sucks because Tulane always has a good team and are a quality opponent and I consider a quality win no matter what the RPI suggests.

Attendance predictions? I'm gonna be optimistic and say 3,100.

2. UL Baseball Re: Tulane at the Tigue

3500+

Default Re: Tulane at the Tigue

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    3500+
    I really hope so, weekday game at 6pm may be hard to achieve that though. But I really really hope so.

with the weather forcast will be lucky if we even play the game, if we do weather will hurt attendance big time, calling for severe thunderstorms some producing large hail with 25-35 mph sustained winds. ill be there

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    with the weather forcast will be lucky if we even play the game, if we do weather will hurt attendance big time, calling for severe thunderstorms some producing large hail with 25-35 mph sustained winds. ill be there
    Fcuk

6. UL Baseball Re: Tulane at the Tigue

I did not consider weather. All the rest will fall in line. Plenty of UL fans have a grudge against TooLame for dissing this program for so long refusing to come to town.

7. Default Re: Tulane at the Tigue

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    The only down side is that their RPI is extremely low, which sucks because Tulane always has a good team and are a quality opponent and I consider a quality win no matter what the RPI suggests.
    Tulane may have a low RPI ranking, but this game is going to be good for the Cajuns RPI. This is one of those games where in terms of the RPI, it is better to play a #159 RPI ranked Tulane team (regardless of outcome) as opposed to a #64 RPI ranked Rutgers team (.5080 effect) or a #50 RPI ranked Houston team (.5094 effect).

Tulane is 14-6 on the year (.7000 WP). The problem for their RPI is that their schedule sucks as their OWP is .3642. But that does not affect us nearly as much. Computing the effect of this game on the Cajun RPI . their WP and OWP gives us a .5881 number . which is very good and much better than playing Houston or Rutgers. In fact, there are several teams in the RPI Top 50 would be worse than playing Tulane. At this juncture, playing #159 Tulane is better for the Cajun RPI than playing #34 Clemson.

Tulane is scheduling very poorly w/respect to their RPI (but it is early). Seven games against Siena and Brown really hurt.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Tulane may have a low RPI ranking, but this game is going to be good for the Cajuns RPI. This is one of those games where in terms of the RPI, it is better to play a #159 RPI ranked Tulane team (regardless of outcome) as opposed to a #64 RPI ranked Rutgers team (.5080 effect) or a #50 RPI ranked Houston team (.5094 effect).

Tulane is 14-6 on the year (.7000 WP). The problem for their RPI is that their schedule sucks as their OWP is .3642. But that does not affect us nearly as much. Computing the effect of this game on the Cajun RPI . their WP and OWP gives us a .5881 number . which is very good and much better than playing Houston or Rutgers. In fact there are many teams in the Top 75 that would be worse than playing Tulane.

Tulane is scheduling very poorly w/respect to their RPI (but it is early). Seven games against Siena and Brown really hurt.

Brian
    Thanks Brian, good stuff. Any info on who they'll be throwing tomorrow?

9. Default Re: Tulane at the Tigue

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Thanks Brian, good stuff. Any info on who they'll be throwing tomorrow?
    Alex Byo (1-2, 4.94, .303 OBA, 23.2IP, 5BB, 9K) has been their #4 and midweek guy. He threw against ULM last week in a 5-3 loss . going 5 innings and yielding 6 hits/3ER. He was tagged with the loss in the first midweek game of the year (also vs. ULM) back on 2/12.

He also threw a nice game in a 12-1 win over SLU, going 7 innings, yielding 5 hits and 1ER . and was tagged with the loss against LSU (going 7.2IP, 10H, 4 ER) in a 5-0 shutout.

Brian

Good, we should be able to hit this guy.

My attendance prediction is zero. The weather is just looking really bad for tomorrow.

wife has a meeting tomorrow night, so if the weather is o.k. I'll be there. If it was just me going then weather wouldn't matter, but with a 19 month old you have to take those things into account I guess.

if the forcast is that bad, tulane might not even get on the bus.

14. UL Baseball Re: Tulane at the Tigue

Thundershowers at 30% during that time frame. Not exactly enough to build an Ark.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    My attendance prediction is zero. The weather is just looking really bad for tomorrow.
    Optimism. We will play!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information