Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: C.I.T. _ LOUISIANA 63 - Rice 68 (final)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Please explain this. Josh led the team in points scored, free throws and rebounds.
    It's pretty easy to explain. If the ball touches his hands he is going to shoot it. It's been that way for 2 years. It doesn't matter if he has a 1 on 3 or a 3 on 1 he is going to take the shot.

2. Default Re: C.I.T. _ LOUISIANA 63 - Rice 68 (final)

nothing

nothing

4. Default Re: C.I.T. _ LOUISIANA 63 - Rice 68 (final)

OK I got rid of it maybe you can do the same!!!!

Default Re: C.I.T. _ LOUISIANA 63 - Rice 68 (final)

The first half seemed like a completely different team on offense from the rest of the season. And I mean that in a positive way. I haven't seen that much off the ball movement in awhile. Maybe it just looked different b/c all the guys were going full speed every second?? But whatever it was, they looked good IMO.

The first half team reminded me a little bit of the Dwayne Mitchelle years with those back to back to back dunks. Then it went all downhill

Inability to hit close in shots (including layups) at start of game cost us a chance to build a cushion that did not exist. Rice/UL stayed very close thru out game. FTs killer. Rice made a few nice shots, esp a 3 pointer that answered Josh's at about 4 minute mark. We were up by 3 and doing well. After that shot, we went cold. End of day, as stated by others, missed FTs doomed us. Even with all that, we made it a one possession game right at end and couldn't get a stop. I must admit, we would have lost it in OT because we can't shoot . OK, you know the drill.

8. Default Re: C.I.T. _ LOUISIANA 63 - Rice 68 (final)

Quote Originally Posted by cajun67 View Post
    Inability to hit close in shots (including layups) at start of game cost us a chance to build a cushion that did not exist. Rice/UL stayed very close thru out game. FTs killer. Rice made a few nice shots, esp a 3 pointer that answered Josh's at about 4 minute mark. We were up by 3 and doing well. After that shot, we went cold. End of day, as stated by others, missed FTs doomed us. Even with all that, we made it a one possession game right at end and couldn't get a stop. I must admit, we would have lost it in OT because we can't shoot . OK, you know the drill.
    ----The close inside ones just would not drop and their bounces just dropped---just as you said!!!!! Kadeem ate the guys lunch and they just wouldn't fall---how many in a row??? Ok lets go recruit!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ULshooter2491 View Post
    It's pretty easy to explain. If the ball touches his hands he is going to shoot it. It's been that way for 2 years. It doesn't matter if he has a 1 on 3 or a 3 on 1 he is going to take the shot.
    Josh was the MVP of this year's team. I must have seen a totally different player than you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Peppa Pit dancer in the Rage Cage won the dance off.
    Peppa pit does it all

Just a thought, how may close games we might have won or would have won if we had shot 70% at the line? Only one that I can see. We loss to Cal State 69-63 and shot 58.6% (17 of 19). For the most part we shot 68-72% and lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Just a thought, how may games we might have won or would have won if we had shot 50-55% at the line?????
    we were at that or better for the entire year. the two worst games of the year for free throws was monroe and last night, monroe was 50% and last night slightly worse. this is what marlin said last night on the post game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Josh was the MVP of this year's team. I must have seen a totally different player than you did.
    He really was. Had a chance to talk to him at BWW after the game seemed like a really nice guy. I wish we could've put together a better post season run for him and the rest of the seniors

Quote Originally Posted by ynkfan42 View Post
    He really was. Had a chance to talk to him at BWW after the game seemed like a really nice guy. I wish we could've put together a better post season run for him and the rest of the seniors
    Never had the chance to meet and speak with Josh.but I wish I could have. From watching him play and hearing what Jay, Coach and others have said about him, he seems like a tremendous young man. In the two years he was here, I never saw him pout.never saw him walk on or off the court.never saw him not tap the hand of his substitute. And, although this team had many hard playing, 110% effort kind of guys, he led the way in that category too. Also, from what I've heard, he had a GREAT attitude and did his best to try to lead and guide the team thru the troublesome last month or so.

I guess I might point to him and say."Hey, Coach.go out and find a few more like him."

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    The first half seemed like a completely different team on offense from the rest of the season. And I mean that in a positive way. I haven't seen that much off the ball movement in awhile. Maybe it just looked different b/c all the guys were going full speed every second?? But whatever it was, they looked good IMO.
    We ran the dribble drive offense in the early part of the game. That offense was made famous by John callepari, it is a thing a beauty when run properly. If you have a coulpe of shooters it is a deadly offense because everything opens up, the dribble drive, low post when help side d steps up, 3 point shots when the d collapses into the paint. It is very hard to stop whe yu have all the peices in place.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information