Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy
    North Carolina A&T State University Aggies

2006 North Carolina Aggie Football Schedule

Well that sucks!

UL Football Re: UL Finds home opponent for Sept. 23

AGGIES COMPLETE 2006 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
    Aggies to face D I-A school for the second time in three years

2006 N.C. A&T Football Schedule

GREENSBORO, N.C., May 18, 2006 -- North Carolina A&T Athletics Director Dee Todd announced the completion of the Aggies’ 2006 football schedule with the addition of the University of Louisiana-Lafayette to the schedule. The two teams meet each other on the gridiron for the first time on Sept. 23 at Cajun Field. The game is scheduled to start 5 p.m., eastern and 4 p.m., central time.

After never playing a Division I-A opponent before 2004, N.C. A&T will play its second Division I-A opponent in three years. Louisiana Lafayette is a Division I-A school out of the Sun Belt Conference. The Ragin’ Cajuns finished 6-5 overall and finished tied for first in the Sun Belt with a 5-2 mark. They return 15 starters from the 2005 squad.

When the Aggies arrive in Lafayette, La., it will be a homecoming of sorts for head coach Lee Fobbs. Fobbs is a Monroe, La., native and played college football at Grambling (La.).

The trip will also be the Aggies only non-conference road game. The Aggies 11-game schedule includes two non-conference foes – Winston-Salem State and Elon – visiting Aggie Stadium during the ’06 season. The Rams play in Greensboro on Sept. 2 and the Phoenix make the short trip to Greensboro on Nov. 11.

The Aggies three other home games are against Morgan State on Oct. 7, Howard (Homecoming) on Oct. 21 and Florida A&M on Nov. 4.

They play conference rivals Hampton (Sept. 16), Norfolk State (Sept. 30), Delaware State (Oct. 14) and Bethune-Cookman (Oct. 28) on the road. The Aggies play S.C. State on neutral ground in Charlotte, N.C., to close out the season on Nov. 18.

Default Re: UL Finds home opponent for Sept. 23

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan
    Well that sucks!
    Doesn't suck at all. They've already asked for 3000 tickets to the game (they travel VERY well) with an option to buy 2000 more.

They are bringing their band, which is on a par with Southern and Grambling. That will bring more folks out as well.

We'll make a TON of more money bringing them in than we would with Ohio U and ____ near as much if McNeese came in.

We could have a better name opponent, but considering what has happened with OU and McNeese, we've come out smelling like a rose on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    Doesn't suck at all. They've already asked for 3000 tickets to the game (they travel VERY well) with an option to buy 2000 more.

They are bringing their band, which is on a par with Southern and Grambling. That will bring more folks out as well.

We'll make a TON of more money bringing them in than we would with Ohio U and ____ near as much if McNeese came in.

We could have a better name opponent, but considering what has happened with OU and McNeese, we've come out smelling like a rose on this one.
    BOP I have always thought that playing a 1aa if you have to is good because its an extra home game but let me ask you instead of playing the usually team like Northwestern or trying to get McNeese. How do you feel about playing someone like grambling or Southern? I believe they would bring in a lot more fans than Northwestern or McNeese and their bands are incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    BOP I have always thought that playing a 1aa if you have to is good because its an extra home game but let me ask you instead of playing the usually team like Northwestern or trying to get McNeese. How do you feel about playing someone like grambling or Southern? I believe they would bring in a lot more fans than Northwestern or McNeese and their bands are incredible.
    Totally agree. We've had talks with them beforethey want wayyyyyyyyy too much moneydouble what we're paying A&T

7. Default Re: UL Finds home opponent for Sept. 23

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan
    Well that sucks!
    the problem is obvious.you can see beyond your nose. typical uninformed, man what are you people having for lunch/dinner etc. that upsets all of you so, take pepto geeeeeeze

Quote Originally Posted by Oldman
    the problem is obvious.you can see beyond your nose. typical uninformed, man what are you people having for lunch/dinner etc. that upsets all of you so, take pepto geeeeeeze
    I don't think there's anything wrong with folks wanting us to play an all I-A schedule.

However, given the hand we were dealt, I don't think this is a bad solution at all.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    I don't think there's anything wrong with folks wanting us to play an all I-A schedule.

However, given the hand we were dealt, I don't think this is a bad solution at all.
    H ell yeah!! We got a sixth home game. I'll take it!

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    H ell yeah!! We got a sixth home game. I'll take it!

Z.
    D amn right! Hey, Z, I like your style!

Default Re: With Ohio and McNeese a memory, UL Finds home opponent for Sept. 23 ( NC A&T )

stop complaining guys.

Number 1 - We got our sixth home game

Number 2 - It should be a blowout home opener

12. Support Re: With Ohio and McNeese a memory, UL Finds home opponent for Sept. 23 ( NC A&T )

Hey, how much ya'll paying us for this game?

Default Re: With Ohio and McNeese a memory, UL Finds home opponent for Sept. 23 ( NC A

Nothing wrong with a "rent-a-win". the big boys do it as important as it is to get money by going to places like UT and getting killed, I think that if UL wants to move up some, we need to play more teams like this to pad our record and more teams from the mid-majors that we know we can hang with.

Default Re: With Ohio and McNeese a memory, UL Finds home opponent for Sept. 23 ( NC A

Someone needs to change the headline of this thread. "With Ohio State, and McNeese a memory, UL Finds home opponent for Sept. 23 ( NC A" It needs to read Ohio, McNeese State. There's no way The Ohio State University would come down here.

15. Default Re: With Ohio and McNeese a memory, UL Finds home opponent for Sept. 23 ( NC A

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano
    Nothing wrong with a "rent-a-win". the big boys do it as important as it is to get money by going to places like UT and getting killed, I think that if UL wants to move up some, we need to play more teams like this to pad our record and more teams from the mid-majors that we know we can hang with.
    Hey keep that redneck La. Tech school a lot further north on your map!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information