Thread: Lady Cajuns headed to backyard regional in Baton Rouge

1. UL Softball Lady Cajuns headed to backyard regional in Baton Rouge

The University of Louisiana softball team might have been the last team in the country to find out its bracket position in the NCAA Softball Championships.

The Ragin' Cajun squad was on a flight home from Miami on Sunday afternoon during the nationally-televised bracket announcement, and none of the Cajuns knew where they were headed until they touched down at New Orleans International Airport.

"Everybody turned their cell phones on and we all had text messages," said Cajun coach Stefni Lotief."

Those messages had the recently-crowned Sun Belt Conference champions playing nearby in the NCAA regional round, with UL (48-10) the No. 3 seed in the Baton Rouge regional and facing second-seeded North Carolina State (49-19) at 4 p.m. Friday in the opening round of the double-elimination event.

Host and top-seeded LSU (51-12), which finished as runner-up in the SEC Tournament over the weekend in Athens, Ga., will meet Princeton (34-17) at 7 p.m. Friday in the other first-round game.

"We've been on the road so much the last two weeks that we're accustomed to travel," Lotief said. "But it's going to be nice to have the comforts of being in Louisiana, and it's obviously great for our fans."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

UL Baseball Re: Lady Cajuns headed to backyard regional in Baton Rouge

My boss called me this morning on the way to work and we talked LSwho sports, he dislikes LSwho like me. We talked baseball and then the softball subject came up. He stated the local BR tv stations referred to us a the nemesis from the west will be in BR never UL Lafayette or Louisiana-Lafayette.

I had someone ask me saturday, " why don't cajun fans like LSU?", enough said.

Geaux Lady Softballers.

Default Re: Lady Cajuns headed to backyard regional in Baton Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim
    My boss called me this morning on the way to work and we talked LSwho sports, he dislikes LSwho like me. We talked baseball and then the softball subject came up. He stated the local BR tv stations referred to us a the nemesis from the west will be in BR never UL Lafayette or Louisiana-Lafayette.

I had someone ask me saturday, " why don't cajun fans like LSU?", enough said.

Geaux Lady Softballers.
    We get 50 tickets are per the NCAA reg. Not even enought to cover the players and staff.

The early word is we will not get anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim
    He stated the local BR tv stations referred to us a the nemesis from the west will be in BR never UL Lafayette or Louisiana-Lafayette.
    I want so bad for us to go over there and win this regional. I always want us to win the regional, but I want to shove it down LSuck's throat.

And the best part about it is, the Lady Cajuns can do it.

So they only gave us 50 tickets? so what. Nothing's stopping us from driving over there and buying tickets at the gate, right?

God Bless

GEAUX UL SOFTBALL

p.s.- should we win this regional, what are our chances of hosting the super regional?

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    So they only gave us 50 tickets? so what. Nothing's stopping us from driving over there and buying tickets at the gate, right?

God Bless

GEAUX UL SOFTBALL

p.s.- should we win this regional, what are our chances of hosting the super regional?
    I could be wrong but I believe the super regionals go to the 8 national seeds and if one of them should happen to lose the super regional goes to whoever wins their regional. That could be way off but I believe i have heard thats how it works

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    I could be wrong but I believe the super regionals go to the 8 national seeds and if one of them should happen to lose the super regional goes to whoever wins their regional. That could be way off but I believe i have heard thats how it works
    We can walk up and buy tickets. But there are no guarantees. Point is LSpuke isn't sending more that they have to.

In the Super we are mtched with the winner of the Arizona Regional.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRed
    We can walk up and buy tickets. But there are no guarantees. Point is LSpuke isn't sending more that they have to.

In the Super we are mtched with the winner of the Arizona Regional.
    Tournament ticket booklets are available on line at www.lsusports.net.
    Single game tickets aren't on sale yet.

No reason why you shouldn't be able to get tickets.

Dem sonuva biscuit-eaters can't keep me from gettin my tickets! (got my all regional pass thru lsusports.net). The part that sucks is if the worst case scenario comes to pass, I paid $44 to see one game (can't make the friday afternoon game, and if we lose the saturday game). But, I'd pay just about anything for the chance to see us beat LSU.

Funny part is, the article I read on that site about the regional, Yvette quoted one of her players as saying "I know players at other schools won't miss it when they're done, but I'll miss it when I'm done here" and a bunch of other ____ about what a privelege it is to be an LSU softball player. Them players got some big-arse egos and cajones to be sayin stuff like that. Hope we wipe the floor with their ugly purple and gold jerseys!

btw, not that we take anyone lightly, but should we be scared of NC State? Are they good, ranked, etc.?

God Bless

Geaux UL Softball!!!!

NC State is in the top 25 24th i think.
    geaux cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    Tournament ticket booklets are available on line at www.lsusports.net.
    Single game tickets aren't on sale yet.

No reason why you shouldn't be able to get tickets.
    BOP. I found this paragraph interesting in that article on LSUsports.net.

Quote:
    "Fans can purchase tickets for the NCAA Regional Tournament online at LSUsports.net. All-Session tickets are $40 for adults and $25 for youth under 12 years of age. The all-session tickets are good for every game of the regional tournament. Seat locations will be assigned at a later date in the order in which the tickets were purchased. All tickets must be picked up at will call with a valid ID beginning on Wednesday, May 17."

In the last statement in that paragraph, am I understanding it right? Unless you drive to BR on Wednesday and pick up your tickets, you're pretty much out of luck, unless you drive on gameday, and that is not a guarantee in getting tickets either, unless the university knows that there will be a sufficient amount of tickets available. I understand that they can't mail tickets because of the time factor, but wouldn't it have been better to use possibly Ticketmaster or send the university more tickets? Now, my second question is, do all universities do it the way LSU is doing it or is done this way on purpose to make it as difficult as possible for opposing team fans to attend? Do you remember if UL did it this way when they hosted in the past? Just curious.

it's not as bad as you think. If you can't pick up tickets during the week, you can pick them up at the gate when the games start each day.

God Bless

GEAUX UL SOFTBALL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun
    BOP. I found this paragraph interesting in that article on LSUsports.net.

Quote:
    "Fans can purchase tickets for the NCAA Regional Tournament online at LSUsports.net. All-Session tickets are $40 for adults and $25 for youth under 12 years of age. The all-session tickets are good for every game of the regional tournament. Seat locations will be assigned at a later date in the order in which the tickets were purchased. All tickets must be picked up at will call with a valid ID beginning on Wednesday, May 17."

In the last statement in that paragraph, am I understanding it right? Unless you drive to BR on Wednesday and pick up your tickets, you're pretty much out of luck, unless you drive on gameday, and that is not a guarantee in getting tickets either, unless the university knows that there will be a sufficient amount of tickets available. I understand that they can't mail tickets because of the time factor, but wouldn't it have been better to use possibly Ticketmaster or send the university more tickets? Now, my second question is, do all universities do it the way LSU is doing it or is done this way on purpose to make it as difficult as possible for opposing team fans to attend? Do you remember if UL did it this way when they hosted in the past? Just curious.
    You REALLY misread that. Tickets can be picked up BEGINNING Wednesday. They don't have to be picked up then. If you bought em, they are yours, and you can get them at will call on Gameday.

Make note to self. Get eyesight checked!

Thread Information