Thread: Softball Regional

UL Softball Softball Regional

Whether it's 2:30 pm today (as the paper states) or 5:30 pm (as DaddyCajun states), the selection show is coming up soon for softball. My question for you is, what are our chances of hosting a regional? The two closest top 25 teams ranked higher than us are LSU (12) and Texas(2).

I'm inclined to say that the Longhorns success is not much of a threat to us hosting a regional, because I believe they are far enough away from us geographically.

However, my concern is that since LSU made it to the SEC finals, and because they are ranked higher than us, and because they are a big money school, our chances may not be as good at hosting a regional if they get to host. Now personally, I think our squad is just as good, if not better than theirs. But, the perception of being in a big conference, having money, etc is what makes me think they'd get one over us. There's just no way the NCAA would let two regionals occur within 1 hour driving distance of each other.

What are your thoughts, .Dealor no deal?

GOD BLESS

GEAUX UL SOFTBALL!!!!

Default Re: Will we get to host a softball regional?

I would imagine LSU's bid would be larger than UL's but I have no idea really.

I do think both schools will play in the same regional.

If we play in the same regional as them, it'll be a good one. I might even travel to that city 50 miles east of us to see them play. That gives me another question to throw out there: What would the atmosphere be like at our place, or at their place? Would there be more fan hostility there or here?

God Bless

Geaux UL softball!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    Whether it's 2:30 pm today (as the paper states) or 5:30 pm (as DaddyCajun states), the selection show is coming up soon for softball. My question for you is, what are our chances of hosting a regional? The two closest top 25 teams ranked higher than us are LSU (12) and Texas(2).

I'm inclined to say that the Longhorns success is not much of a threat to us hosting a regional, because I believe they are far enough away from us geographically.

However, my concern is that since LSU made it to the SEC finals, and because they are ranked higher than us, and because they are a big money school, our chances may not be as good at hosting a regional if they get to host. Now personally, I think our squad is just as good, if not better than theirs. But, the perception of being in a big conference, having money, etc is what makes me think they'd get one over us. There's just no way the NCAA would let two regionals occur within 1 hour driving distance of each other.

What are your thoughts, .Dealor no deal?

GOD BLESS

GEAUX UL SOFTBALL!!!!
    We have not had a regional in the last few years with better teams. I would give you my personal guarantee that we don't. That with 4 bucks will get you coffee at Starbucks.

It doesn't surprise me that we didn't get the regional. I'm not surprised that LSU was seeded higher than us. All I'm gonna say is that I'm glad we're playing close, so I don't have too travel too far to see our girls play. Hopefully we don't overlook NC State, or Princeton on the way to playin the kittycats.

geaux UL softball!!!!!!

God Bless

UL Softball Re: Will we get to host a softball regional?

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    Hopefully we don't overlook NC State, or Princeton on the way to playin the kittycats.

geaux UL softball!!!!!!

God Bless
    Are you saying we face NC State in Baton Rouge? Two seed I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Diapason
    Answer is NO. LSU got the regional and we are their #2 seed in Baton Rouge!

DaddyCajun

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Answer is NO. LSU got the regional and we are their #2 seed in Baton Rouge!

DaddyCajun
    Thanks for answering. I'm not sure if it's yours or my reading comprehension I question, it seems you repeated what I thought but you said NO?

Default Re: Softball Regional

From Ncaasports.com:

Baton Rouge Regional - May 19-21 at Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    *No. 15 LSU (51-12) vs. Princeton (34-17)
    Louisiana-Lafayette (48-10) vs. North Carolina State (48-19)

Winner plays the Arizona Regional winner

Quote Originally Posted by Diapason
    Cajuns are the three seed.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    Cajuns are the three seed.
    Don't much matter.
    The way I see it, the Cajuns luck out, a regional [a win-able regional] in driving distance [talk to texas A&M about driving].

Against a foe with which we have some history.

This could be epic!

UL Softball Re: Softball Regional

Did I miss something or is FAU future softball member of the Sun Belt the only Sun Belt/future member, other than Louisiana that made it to the Regionals?

All I hope is that Louisiana gets on their game, because as of late I personally do not think WE have been playing our best ball of the year!!

GEAUX LOUISIANA,
    WIN REGIONALS,
    DaddyCajun

Thread Information