Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

1. Default Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

The UL basketball team is planning to play in the postseason. Barring an unforeseen development, the 16-15 Ragin' Cajuns will host a CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament game Wednesday night at the Cajundome.

An official announcement on UL's bid could come as early today

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to postseason

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    The UL basketball team is planning to play in the postseason. Barring an unforeseen development, the 16-15 Ragin' Cajuns will host a CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament game Wednesday night at the Cajundome.

Congrats to the team and Coach Marlin. They overcame a ton of adversity to post the first winning season since 2005. This is a nice reward for them. BUY YOUR TICKETS FOR THIS GAME!

Z

3. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to postseason

This qualifies as a "Place To Be" event.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Congrats to the team and Coach Marlin. They overcame a ton of adversity to post the first winning season since 2005. This is a nice reward for them. BUY YOUR TICKETS FOR THIS GAME!

Z

Yes Z, this is an excellent time for all CAJUN fans to come out and support the team; this is like a bowl game for them (and us). Let's show the players on this team how much we support THEIR desire to be CAJUNS!

I'm there!

i hope we win this first one in this tournament so we can finish better than .500

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

Turb, I'm not seeing this on the RagePage; and the RagePage I see on my phone is different than the RagePage here. ??? But please put this on the RagePage if it isn't already. Because.

This is an incredible opportunity for UL. MWC-C-USA are looking for new members. We just wowed both conferences with our attendance in NO.

If we can get a good crowd at the 'Dome for a televised game, we strengthen our hand for moving into the newly merged conference.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    If we can get a good crowd at the 'Dome for a televised game, we strengthen our hand for moving into the newly merged conference.
    Are these games televised? I am not sure about that.

I will be there for sure!!! Pack the Dome!!! Geaux Cajuns!

this is definitely a winnable tournament, Here is the results from last year.
    http://www.collegeinsider.com/tournament/2011.php

Here's who I have seen that have accepted bids to the CIT so far.

Coastal Carolina at Old Dominion
    Tennessee Tech at Georgia State
    Indiana State
    Mercer
    Oakland
    Tennessee State
    USC Upstate

Great West Tournament Champ gets an Automatic Bid (should be Utah Valley St.)

I know Tim Jankovic (coach at Illinois State.Go 'Birds!) has said if they don't get an NIT bid they would accept a bid to the CIT

They do the pairings geographic heavy, and we already know the Cajuns have a home game in store for them.I'm only guessing that based on our record we will be hosting a MEAC, Southland, or SWAC team in the first round

Quote Originally Posted by jhaan79 View Post
    Great West Tournament Champ gets an Automatic Bid (should be Utah Valley St.)

I know Tim Jankovic (coach at Illinois State.Go 'Birds!) has said if they don't get an NIT bid they would accept a bid to the CIT

They do the pairings geographic heavy, and we already know the Cajuns have a home game in store for them.I'm only guessing that based on our record we will be hosting a MEAC, Southland, or SWAC team in the first round
    News report last night said Rice was a possibility. That would help with attendance. Didn't we play them recently?

I guess students don't get in free do they?

I don't see why not. I think the university pockets all ticket sake revenue for hosting.

14. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to postseason

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Are these games televised? I am not sure about that.

I will be there for sure!!! Pack the Dome!!! Geaux Cajuns!
    The championship game will air on Fox College Sports.

I've been tweeting all week that Rice is the strongest possibility. (Those on Cajun Red Zone have read about it for a while now.) Lamar, McNeese State and Stephen F. Austin are also options. TCU may be, too.

Add Manhattan, Yale and Fairfield to the previously posted list:

Coastal Carolina at Old Dominion
    Tennessee Tech at Georgia State
    Indiana State
    Mercer
    Oakland
    Tennessee State
    USC Upstate

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    I guess students don't get in free do they?
    I highly doubt students will get in for free. Most likely there will be a special student price for tickets.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information