Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Errol Rogers Resigns

1. Default Errol Rogers Resigns

As of this afternoon, Coach Errol Rogers is resigning from his position as head coach of the Lady Cajuns basketball program. Let the search begin.

Default Re: Errol Rogers Resigns

Great

Much like Robert Lee, I liked the guy, but not his coaching. Sorry it didn't work out (especially since he's a UL alum), but that's the way it goes sometime. I wish Errol all the best in the future!

5. Default Re: Errol Rogers Resigns

Well here goes-----just the luck of the draw, timing, or ability??? WE have had 3 Black coaches in 3 sports and all have failed and really failed miserably!!!!! Nobody pulled harder for their success than I did, but it wasn't meant to be-----I think that it all starts with recruiting and I thought that all 3 would be very good---Not---Anyway I am glad that we led the way in hiring minority coaches and I am sure that there will be no hesitation in choosing another one for the next job!!!! I guess that the real reason that I bring this up is because of the "Anything Goes" actions in recruiting---I think this (their loss from our programs)could be used possibly against us and it is very far from the truth----Only reason for their departure was a very unsuccessful tenure!!!! Although the Baldwin situation was totally different---I wish that Lee and Rodgers could stay on at the university in some capacity!!!

6. Default Re: Errol Rogers Resigns

I understand what you are saying, Boomer. Yes, UL had 3 unsuccessful minority coaches. But just be careful next time for how you say things, especially on here. What you said could be taken out of context as a racial comment. It may not have been intended to be that way, but other people may get upset with the comment. When I first read it, I was a little shocked, but after a few more times, I understood the message you were getting at in this. Just be careful in your words.

In the AP article, it mentions that UL hired a national consulting firm to find the new coach. I think that will yield a result of a associate HC from some mid-major up north getting the job. I think it would be wise to keep it local, but who knows these days what the AD is thinking.

8. Default Re: Errol Rogers Resigns

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    WE have had 3 Black coaches in 3 sports and all have failed and really failed miserably!!!!!
    B-mer FOUR

Evans did not fail at all, much less miserably.

The man was a success at UL.

9. Default Re: Errol Rogers Resigns

Thanks T-Bine---you are on the money and I guess many wish we had him back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunHerd34 View Post
    I understand what you are saying, Boomer. Yes, UL had 3 unsuccessful minority coaches. But just be careful next time for how you say things, especially on here. What you said could be taken out of context as a racial comment. It may not have been intended to be that way, but other people may get upset with the comment. When I first read it, I was a little shocked, but after a few more times, I understood the message you were getting at in this. Just be careful in your words.
    This is ridiculous. He said nothing offensive and you understood his message. What's there to be careful about?

JamesCajun, we hired the same firm that brought us Hudspeth and Marlin; and they were given the same criteria: find us a person who has been a successful head coach at the collegiate level.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Evans did not fail at all, much less miserably.

The man was a success at UL.
    I do wonder though what would have happened if Evans hadn't left given the APR related woes of the early part of Robert Lee's tenure as MBB coach.

Quote Originally Posted by awadelewis View Post
    I do wonder though what would have happened if Evans hadn't left given the APR related woes of the early part of Robert Lee's tenure as MBB coach.
    In my mind, there is no doubt that we would have been in a world of hurt APR wise. We seemed to never have a full compliment of players from semester to semester or year to year.

14. Default Re: Errol Rogers Resigns

OK ----here is a huge point---Hire Broadhead and you are a year and a half ahead in recruiting----I think everybody knows that he is the guy responsible for McNeese and their current fortunes----It will take a while for a person from the outside to kick up recruiting----In the last go around the word at the time mentioned that he didn't interview well----Remember that our football first year accomplishments were in the states of Mississippi and Alabama----With recruiting being the engine who would anybody hire as assistants????

15. UL Basketball Re: Errol Rogers Resigns

Get the Central Ark guy who is dominating the Southland and you get his recruiting and coaching skills right away.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information