Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: Errol Rogers Resigns

Default Re: Errol Rogers Resigns

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    if it's close, a woman gets the job over a man this time.
    Awful. If someone is hired because of the color of their skin, or their gender, because it was "close", then it's a failure as a hire. Close means that another candidate was slightly better, and that person, white, black, green, purple, male, or female, should be the hire. And it also should make ZERO difference where that person is from, as that should have some factor in to who is "the best".

2. Default Re: Errol Rogers Resigns

It's a nationwide search, folks.

Not saying the hire won't be relatively local, but this search goes past Lake Charles.

And, keep this in mind. We have sixteen sports at UL and only two female coaches.

Scott will hire the best candidate. But if it's close, a woman gets the job over a man this time.
    ------Well here we geaux-----Doobie as the HC WITH B-HEAD as a VERY WELL PAID assistant-----I think that they know and respect each other-----Talk about recruit---wow!!!! Do this NOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ------Well here we geaux-----Doobie as the HC WITH B-HEAD as a VERY WELL PAID assistant-----I think that they know and respect each other-----Talk about recruit---wow!!!! Do this NOW!!!!
    Don,t think that will happen. Not quit sure they like each other.

4. Default

It's a nationwide search, folks.

Not saying the hire won't be relatively local, but this search goes past Lake Charles.

And, keep this in mind. We have sixteen sports at UL and only two female coaches.

Scott will hire the best candidate. But if it's close, a woman gets the job over a man this time.
    Is Gay Nix available? The woman who was more worried about being called "Ragin" than coaching a basketball team. Then again ER was more worried about being a ref than getting his team prepared for each upcoming season.

My point is neither sex nor race should not be the determining factor in making a hire. Hire a coach who is focused on coaching.

jmo

Doobie has had limited success on the DI level. Don't think she gets an interview

6. Default Re: Errol Rogers Resigns

I can't remember if she turned the job down or was a finalist way back before Gay Nix(SP)---Anyway she told my daughter that winning at Nichols was a much more difficult task than going to the National Championship at Loyola!!!! BTW her brother is Ray Ronquillo that played for the Cajuns in F-ball and was with the Lafayette Arena teams administration!!!

7. Default Re: Errol Rogers Resigns

Time for a NEW Coach who can rebuild.
    Ok I am a former Ragin Cajun who had to move out the state for my job but will be coming back soon and family members are big fans of the Cajuns. I think when you look at rebuilding programs you need to remember it will take time. The only reason I'm posting is I have been on hiring committees at several Universities and been involved in several conferences. I think Scott needs to look at the big picture! You have to get a Coach that has a proven track record of handling the pressure of not winning right away. We have to realize that nobody is going to be able to get TOP recruits this late in the game to have immediate success. Recent posts have mentioned several good Southland coaches, UCA Coach who took over a nice program, Brooks Donald who didn't have to rebuild from the ground up and without Broadhead helping to keep the twins happy would not have been so successful, DoBee at Nicholls who has had to build but she never moved to Thibodaux. Don't you want someone to come in and live in your community?

I like the idea of bringing in someone outside Louisiana. Someone who could give us a fresh new look in the community and on campus. We definitely need someone with head Div. 1 coaching experience. I have gotten to follow the Southland Teams for the last few years. Something pretty amazing has happened at Sam Houston State University. Not sure if the Coach would leave since she is an Alumni. I think she would be one to take the challenge when you look at her record of what she had to do to rebuild SHSU. Maybe Scott needs to talk to Coach Marlin since he came from SHSU.

We need someone quickly I look forward to continuing my support of the Ragin Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
    Time for a NEW Coach who can rebuild.
    Ok I am a former Ragin Cajun who had to move out the state for my job but will be coming back soon and family members are big fans of the Cajuns. I think when you look at rebuilding programs you need to remember it will take time. The only reason I'm posting is I have been on hiring committees at several Universities and been involved in several conferences. I think Scott needs to look at the big picture! You have to get a Coach that has a proven track record of handling the pressure of not winning right away. We have to realize that nobody is going to be able to get TOP recruits this late in the game to have immediate success. Recent posts have mentioned several good Southland coaches, UCA Coach who took over a nice program, Brooks Donald who didn't have to rebuild from the ground up and without Broadhead helping to keep the twins happy would not have been so successful, DoBee at Nicholls who has had to build but she never moved to Thibodaux. Don't you want someone to come in and live in your community?

I like the idea of bringing in someone outside Louisiana. Someone who could give us a fresh new look in the community and on campus. We definitely need someone with head Div. 1 coaching experience. I have gotten to follow the Southland Teams for the last few years. Something pretty amazing has happened at Sam Houston State University. Not sure if the Coach would leave since she is an Alumni. I think she would be one to take the challenge when you look at her record of what she had to do to rebuild SHSU. Maybe Scott needs to talk to Coach Marlin since he came from SHSU.

We need someone quickly I look forward to continuing my support of the Ragin Cajuns
    +1 This!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information