Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The PA announcer at Lamson Park

Default The PA announcer at Lamson Park

This guy is pretty damn funny! He tells cajun jokes between batters, mixes the music up from AC/DC to Zydeco. much more entertaining than the men's gamesAt the men's games I really get tired of that " dudu du dududu hey! duh duh duh duhduhduh hey! ect.20 times a game! Anyone know who he is?. He had the crowd laughing all afternoon One of his jokes: 'What do you call a sleepwalking nun? A roaming Catholic. Anyway, I thought he was a nice change than the boring play by the rules announcers

2. Default Re: The PA announcer at Lamson Park

Can't remember ---Do we play the fight songs at B-ball or S-ball games????

Default Re: The PA announcer at Lamson Park

Baseball. That guy gets annoying at softball games.

4. Default Re: The PA announcer at Lamson Park

Rob Harrison I think is is his name he use to be a comedian I think. Nice guy but he can get annoying after a while.

6. Default Re: The PA announcer at Lamson Park

Fight song is played at softball as well.

7. Default Re: The PA announcer at Lamson Park

Rob Harris is an artist, designer, comedien, singer and a BIG UL fan.

He is the one who painted all the car windows for fans going to the New Orleans Bowl.

He has a few CD's out with famous Cajun songs like "Boudin balls" and "Pinchon, the pink nosed possum" and the Forty Pound Duck.

Rob did the mural at Cajun field with the big picture of Blackjack Landry as you turn to go to the upper deck.

OH! and he is the PA announcer at Lamson Park.

Nice guy.

After the Kentucky game, the parents and grandparents of one of the Kentucky players told me and a couple of friends that this was the best atmosphere and the best facility that they have ever been in for softball. They also said the hospitality provided for the girls was unlike anything they seen before and they thought that everyone was friendly. I thought that was pretty cool.

The PA annoucer is Rob Harris. He has been doing it forever. He is pretty funny and makes it fun, but i agree with CajunMarine in that he does get annoying at times.

My only grip about Rob is that (I) don't understand what he is saying sometimes. He is to close to the mike and he should keep the same volumn in his voice. He is up and down the scale in volumn. Talks to fast at times. Where is TD. Can't beat that voice as a PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    My only grip about Rob is that (I) don't understand what he is saying sometimes. He is to close to the mike and he should keep the same volumn in his voice. He is up and down the scale in volumn. Talks to fast at times. Where is TD. Can't beat that voice as a PA.
    I've known harris for years, not understanding what he is saying is not a bad thing. I would worry about you if you understood everything that came out of his mouth!!! BTW, Rob is a great guy and was (he is old now) very talented athlete in his own right. His wife Tiffany was a cajun softball player, so I guess you can say lady cajun softball is a family affair.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Rob Harris is an artist, designer, comedien, singer and a BIG UL fan.

He is the one who painted all the car windows for fans going to the New Orleans Bowl.

He has a few CD's out with famous Cajun songs like "Boudin balls" and "Pinchon, the pink nosed possum" and the Forty Pound Duck.

Rob did the mural at Cajun field with the big picture of Blackjack Landry as you turn to go to the upper deck.

OH! and he is the PA announcer at Lamson Park.

Nice guy.
    THHAAAAAAAATS who made 40lb duck? Thanks. I've been looking for that on CD for about 15 years.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Lets not crucify another one of our own, please. Geeze. Rob is one hell of a character!! He is a fine, fine guy. An entrepreneur, husband, father.hardcore Cajun! His son is one heck of an athlete! He is all in with respect to UL! Aside from The team, Rob is one of the drawing cards for UL softball. Make it a point to meet him, you will definitely like him.

Z

Rob has never received any money for doing the announcing and it does take alot of his time. He is definitely a hardcore CAJUN FAN for sure.

King Rob.

When things were not so good, Rob worked along side Cajun fans to clean and paint the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Lets not crucify another one of our own, please. Geeze. Rob is one hell of a character!! He is a fine, fine guy. An entrepreneur, husband, father.hardcore Cajun! His son is one heck of an athlete! He is all in with respect to UL! Aside from The team, Rob is one of the drawing cards for UL softball. Make it a point to meet him, you will definitely like him.

Z
    Z, I would only suggest that he eliminate the Obama jokes. It's not the place for that. While I thought they (yes, multiple poems about Obama) were funny, the parents of a aTm -cc player behind me DID NOT think they at all appropriate. Lil awkward.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information