Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Book 2006-07 UL Lady Cajuns Volleyball

1. UL Volleyball Lady Cajuns fall to NWSU

UL was up 2-0 when I left at half time.

Hey I get up at 2am I don't have the stamina for all 5 games to decide the winner.

Default Re: I just got back from the Lady Cajuns Volleyball game

cool, ive never been to a UL volleyball game, id like to eventually hit at least one event of every sport, have been to football baseball and basketball thus far, where can we find the schedule for all athletic events? im guessing the official page, but im too tired right now to go look, i really want to hit up a UL golf event next chance i get

3. Default Re: I just got back from the Lady Cajuns Volleyball game

I think it might be a month before the next home game (volleyball)

Attached Images Attached Images                    

4. UL Volleyball Cajuns Lose

A 2-0 game advantage and leads in each of the final three games weren't enough for the University of Louisiana volleyball team Tuesday night.

The Cajuns fell victim to Northwestern State's comeback in the final three games, and lost 21-30, 26-30, 30-26, 31-29, 15-12 decision to the Demons at Long Gym.

UL (1-3) had an easy first-game win and won six of the last eight points in taking game two for the 2-0 lead. The Cajuns then led most of game three and were up 25-22, and led 21-20 in game four before the Demons (1-0) rallied to square the match.

The rest of the story

Default Re: Lady Cajuns fall ti NWSU

Nice crowd!

Turbine, thank you for the photos! I appreciate what you do. My daughter sent me a message at 10:37 last night with the frustrating news. I'll have to wait for the stats and play-by-play to see where the team let down.

The Cajuns will be in Arlington Texas Sept. 8-9. We have two team members from this area (Dallas & Fort Worth) so there will be a hugh contingent of UL supporters on hand. We would love to have any local UL fans come out and support our girls

Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    UL was up 2-0 when I left at half time.

Hey I get up at 2am I don't have the stamina for all 5 games to decide the winner.
    Turbine:
    Just wanted to say good stuff. Great shots . We appreciate what you do. Keep up the good work.

Headragincajun1

Quote Originally Posted by cajunvbmom
    Turbine, thank you for the photos! I appreciate what you do. My daughter sent me a message at 10:37 last night with the frustrating news. I'll have to wait for the stats and play-by-play to see where the team let down.

The Cajuns will be in Arlington Texas Sept. 8-9. We have two team members from this area (Dallas & Fort Worth) so there will be a hugh contingent of UL supporters on hand. We would love to have any local UL fans come out and support our girls

Geaux Cajuns!
    VBmom, I believe we have assembled a talented team. Much like the football team after the J Baldwin fiasco, the girls have to learn to win. It wont take much, just that little light going on in their heads simultaneously. Tell your daughter not to get down. We are all pulling for them!

L'Ronte'

Default Re: Lady Cajuns fall to NWSU

Is that the crowd or a postered wall? Either way it looks great.

Default Re: Lady Cajuns fall to NWSU

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat
    Is that the crowd or a postered wall? Either way it looks great.
    It's actually a mural but like you said, it looks great.the whole re-do is great.

VB mom

GEAUX CAJUNS!

11. This is so COOL Re: I just got back from the Lady Cajuns Volleyball game

WOW!!! Is it just me, or do volleyball players have "great legs"!!!!!!!

12. UL Volleyball Lady Cajuns Win SLU Tourney

HAMMOND – A season-high .336 hitting percentage paced Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns volleyball team to a 3-0 (30-18, 30-13, 30-28) victory over Jackson State here Tuesday evening in the Southeastern Tri-Match at the Pennington Center.

The win snapped the Cajuns seven-match losing streak and sets the team up for a chance to claim the championship of the tri-match. UL will meet host-Southeastern Louisiana at 7 p.m., to conclude Tuesday’s competition.

The Cajuns (2-7) were virtually unscathed in racing out to a quick 2-0 lead in the match. UL opened leads of 10-1 and 7-0 in cruising to easy victories in games one and two, respectively.

In game three the Cajuns erased a 20-15 deficit to complete the sweep.

True to form the Ragin’ Cajuns used a balanced effort. Four players reached double figures in kills led by 12 from Lafayette native Jamie Sinegal. She led the team in kills for the third straight match.

Joining Sinegal in double digits were Rachel Mauti with 11 kills on 21 attempts and Kim Rodgers and Elizabeth Inman with 10 kills on 22 and 20 attempts, respectively.

As a team UL netted 52 kills to only 31 for JSU. The Cajuns held the Tigers to only 14 kills through the first two games.

Louisiana-Lafayette has now gone above 50 kills in three straight matches and five times in the past six outings.

Sinegal reached double digits in kills for the sixth time this season. Her 12 kills were her season-best for a three-game match.

In the match both Sinegal and Rodgers became the first players this season to move over 100 kills. Sinegal leads the team with 105 kills.

The Cajuns were never threatened in games one and two. Only one tied score was registered and UL never lost the lead.

JSU put up a fight in the third game and held the lead down the stretch.

A block by Amanda Daniels and Kimberly Hendon broke a 8-8 tie and gave the Tigers their first lead of the match at 9-8. A couple of points later, a kill by Nicole Walker broke another tie and put JSU up 12-11.

An attack error by Inman followed by back-to-back kills from Corrina Cox pushed the Tigers lead to 15-11. The lead grew as large as five points at 20-15.

Three straight kills – one apiece from Kendra Hall, Rodgers and then Sinegal – pulled the Cajuns within two points at 20-18. The game would be tied three more times before the Cajuns made their final push to complete the sweep.

Rodgers’ final kill of the game and match evened the score at 27-27. Off the serve of Hall the Cajuns would get kills from Tara Cote and Mauti to extend the lead to 29-27. Following a Hendon kill pulled JSU within one point, the match finished when an attack error by Walker gave UL its 30th point of game three.

LOUISIANA SI

13. UL Volleyball Re: Lady Cajuns Victorious

I think the problem till now for some of the matches was stamina, or lack thereof.

Congrats on the win.

UL Volleyball Re: Lady Cajuns Victorious

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I think the problem till now for some of the matches was stamina, or lack thereof.

Congrats on the win.
    Have you been running the ladies, so now their in shape and will start a winning streak?

DaddyCajun

UL Volleyball Lady Cajun's Volleyball WIN SLU Tourney

Cajuns Take Championship at Southeastern Tri-Match
    Louisiana defeats Southeastern Louisiana to complete sweep in Hammond

Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2006

View Box Score
    HAMMOND – Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns volleyball team claimed the championship of the Southeastern Tri-Match here Tuesday evening with a 3-1 (30-25, 24-30, 30-24, 30-26) victory over Southeastern Louisiana at the Pennington Center.

Combined with a 3-0 (30-18, 30-13, 30-28) win over Jackson State earlier Tuesday evening, UL (3-7) went 2-0 in the tri-match. The Ragin’ Cajuns win the Southeastern Tri-Match for the second time in the past three seasons (won the 2004 event).

Elizabeth Inman posted a match-high 14 kills on only 23 attempts to lead the Cajuns. She was joined by Lafayette native Jamie Sinegal (11 kills) and Kim Rodgers (10 kills) in double figures.

As a team the Ragin’ Cajuns eclipsed 50 kills for the second time in the tri-match. UL collected 57 kills and a solid .219 team hitting percentage.

Sinegal reached double digits in kills for the fourth straight match and sixth time in the past seven outings. She finished the tri-match with 23 kills.

Inman had a solid outing offensively. She committed only two attack errors and had a hitting percentage of .522. She also came thorough defensively with a match-high six blocks.

Both teams managed to overcome numerous errors. The Cajuns had 13 service errors, 10 reception errors and 25 attack errors. SLU (3-10) committed 16 service errors, 12 reception errors and 23 attack errors.

It was relatively close match stat-wise. UL out-killed the Lions 57-50, held a 47-46 edge on assists and out-dug SLU 55-52. The match was decided by nine points in the Cajuns’ favor.

Outside of three tied scores in game one, the Ragin’ Cajuns were in control. The last tie was at 6-6 and the was followed by a 8-2 run by UL which gave the Cajuns a 14-8 lead.

The Lions answered back with a victory in game two. UL’s only lead was 1-0 on a kill by Inman. SLU scored the next three points and later broke a 12-12 tie with eight unanswered points to break away and even the match at 1-1.

The Cajuns regained the match lead with a victory in game three. A kill by Inman put UL on top 2-1 and the squad never trailed the rest of the game. The Lions would close to 21-16 and the Cajuns responded with four straight points to open a comfortable nine-point lead.

The teams traded points in the opening stages of game four. The lead changed twice with the last change coming on a Melissa Jones service error that gave UL a 10-9 lead. The Cajuns’ lead grew to five points, 20-15, on a service ace by Kendra Hall.

The Cajuns held off a late Lions rally with a string of three straight kills after SLU closed the gap to 21-20. Thanks to SLU miscues when the lead got down to 27-25 the Cajuns were able to close out the match. A service error by Jill Edwards followed by an attack error from Lauren Mayer gave UL a 29-25 lead.

After a Lydia Adeosun kill, Jessica Pattison threw down a kill of her own to record the 30th point for UL that won the game and completed the match victory.

UL exited Hammond with its first back-to-back victories of the season.

The Ragin’ Cajuns will have the weekend of Sept. 15-17 off and won’t return to action until Tuesday, Sept. 19 against Lamar at Earl K. Long Gym. The match, which will be the final non-conference contest of the season, will begin at 7 p.m.

MATCH SUMMARY
    Site: Hammond, La. (Pennington Cetner)
    Date: Sep 12, 2006 Attend: 229 Time: 1:43

Louisiana 3, Southeastern Louisiana 1

1 2 3 4
    Louisiana (3-7) 30 24 30 30
    SE Louisiana (3-10) 25 30 24 26

Louisiana (3-7) (Kills-aces-blocks) - Inman, Elizabeth 14-2-6; Sinegal, Jamie 11-1-1; Rodgers, Kim 10-0-3; Pattison, Jessica 8-0-0; Mauti, Rachel 5-3-1; Cote, Tara 5-3-1; Saad, Jamara 3-0-4; Castro, Erika 1-0-0; Hall, Kendra 0-3-0; Totals 57-12-9.0. (Assists) - Cote, Tara 32. (Dig leaders) - Castro, Erika 16; Mauti, Rachel 14; Sinegal, Jamie 12

Southeastern La. (3-10) (Kills-aces-blocks) - Pomes, Brittany 13-5-5; Mayer, Lauren 10-2-2; Adeosun, Lydia 9-1-5; Jordan, Emily 6-0-3; Jones, Melissa 5-1-0; Cook, Caroline 3-1-0; Edwards, Jill 3-0-2; Beebe, Maddie 1-0-0; Totals 50-10-9.0. (Assists) - Edwards, Jill 37. (Dig leaders) - Pittman, Margaret 16; Mayer, Lauren 14; Pomes, Brittany 8

-- Ragin’ Cajuns --

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information