Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajuns vs. Wichita St. Game Thread

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Cajuns vs. Wichita St. Game Thread

Let's put a dent in em in the 4th... with the middle of our lineup.

Well than you wont like it because Tony does that all year all ways has and all ways will.

Brain....do the young kids look like the belong, or do they look a little overmatched ?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    Well than you wont like it because Tony does that all year all ways has and all ways will.
    Oh I know its why I bring it up in the first inning of the first game, I'm getting it out my system before it costs us a game.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Brain....do the young kids look like the belong, or do they look a little overmatched ?
    From what I understand, Wichita is very much in the same boat with youth. Texas State will probably give us the best indication of how they look against veterans.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Way too early to determine that. But both pitchers (both quality arms) are in control of the hitters thus far.

The problem with the Cajun lineup is far too many fly balls. That is making it easy on a Shocker defense that has struggled thus far.

Brian

Knowing we are facing a quality arm, that's why I was wondering. Pretty tough to outrun a fly ball

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turner View Post
    Oh I know its why I bring it up in the first inning of the first game, I'm getting it out my system before it costs us a game.
    I'm not as aggravated about small ball, even early, if Tony thinks we're up against superior pitching and he thinks we can challenge their fielding (weather, early season nerves, etc). Otherwise, I'm not a huge fan of "over-bunting". I also love first pitch (strike) swings. I don't believe nearly as much in working pitchers (unless some intelligence tells you to get into the bullpen) as far as laying off first pitch strikes. That first strike with at least 50% of the pitchers in college, in the first 50% of the season, is too juicy to tell decent batters to back off. But, I'm sitting here pounding this into my iPad, with no baseball coaching under my belt... so I think Tony should do what he thinks is best and not listen to me.

Why are we pulling Z?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Why are we pulling Z?
    Tony stated that he'd have all his guys on pitch counts early in the year.... we'll work them into long outings

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Why are we pulling Z?
    Pitch count???

Unscathed.

13. Default Re: Cajuns vs. Wichita St. Game Thread

Josh Smith coming out for the 6th.

Brian

Harrison did a good job cleaning up his (small) mess.

Time to score.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information