Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: 2006 Ragin' Cajuns Baseball RPI

UL Baseball 2006 Ragin' Cajuns Baseball RPI

Our midweek game record continues to struggle. and our RPI bears that out, as we are 56 spots below La. Tech.

Question. what is our "mid-week game record" since the 2000 season?

Default Re: BASEBALL RPI / La Tech - 38. UL - 94

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed
    Our midweek game record continues to struggle. and our RPI bears that out, as we are 56 spots below La. Tech.

Question. what is our "mid-week game record" since the 2000 season?
    I don't know the answer to your question, but yesterdays loss was pathetic. We are having another struggling season, something that this program should not experience on the consistent basis that we have been experiencing since the 2000 season.

One step forward and two steps backwards. and the dance continues.

I'm sick of all the b i t c h i n g

Why don't you fellahs just call for Robe's head and get it over with? Please?

UL Baseball Re: BASEBALL RPI / La Tech - 38. UL - 94

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    I don't know the answer to your question, but yesterdays loss was pathetic. We are having another struggling season, something that this program should not experience on the consistent basis that we have been experiencing since the 2000 season.

One step forward and two steps backwards. and the dance continues.
    As much as some of you cry you'd swear we were in baseball where we were in football not too many years back!! Give Robe some time, things have changed in baseball and Freshmen out of High School is the way to go, we are young and will make you smile somedays and cry others. Hang tight, if the bats can carry us through conference while we grow up we could make a little noise this year yet! Next year we should be that much better, the PROGRAM is going in the RIGHT direction. Remember too we have the added feather in ALL our sports caps now that the INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY has broke ground!!!!

DaddyCajun

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Gentlemen, Robe is easily accessible. Go over to the complex and express your concerns. Please report back when you have his reply.

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Gentlemen, Robe is easily accessible. Go over to the complex and express your concerns. Please report back when you have his reply.

Z.

WOW! Some of you are pretty sensitive! I had not realized that we were not supposed to comment or question anything. regardless of the results. As a long-time season ticket holder (of 5 sports I might add), I am a big fan of all of our programs, but it should NEVER mean that we can't discuss results.

Please excuse my post. I'M PUMPED ABOUT OUR "94" RPI!

No one is excited about our RPI being 94 but we have a lot of freshmen playing, of course we are going to have some rough games. It's a learning experience. Some people were expecting way to much out of this team with that much youth and inexperience. We lost 16 Srs off of last years team if ya'll didn't expect to have a somewhat down year then your expectation were way to high. Sure we are having a rough time with the bats and we probably should have 3 or 4 more wins by now if not for break downs at certain points during games but with the talent we have in place I see us with a winning record this year and we will have guys in place to make a run in the next 2-3 years. We are 16-11 that is far from a bad record people.

Coming into this season I was worried about our pitching not winning us game and they have only been the cause for a few of our loses. Our hitting will get back on track because we have to many good hitters for them not to figure out what they are doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb

I don't think anyone is wanting Robe's head but you have to say one thing, this is an inconsistant team. They are up and down and that is something we are not use to seeing. We are not use to getting beat by La. teams and this year seems to be the trend. We have lost 5 games to Southland teams, something that does not happen.

I hate to say this, that if we don't win 40 plus games, the conference tournament, we won't get an at large bid because we lost too many games to Southland Conference opponents. That is the harsh realilty of this. With the bigger conference schools putting more money in their programs and are getting better players, they are the one's going to get more at large bids. It use to be the Sunbelt would get 4 and even 5 teams in post season play, but not anymore. Let's face it, without saying we have a bunch of lesser players, i would like to say they have been disappointing. When pitching is good, hitting is bad, when hitting is good, middle relievers have let us down. SO, It is gonna be a wait and see when these guys green lights come on and play like we think they can play. In closing , I have always said, Louisiana Ball is good and any college can bet another college on any given day. I think Coach's frustrations are starting to show. No Senior leadership, no one that I know of that has stepped forward to speak out and get these guys motivated to win. I will always support Cajun Baseball as long as Robe is here.

Geaux Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb

I love this team and this University.

And no, I will not stop complaining, because if I did then that would mean apathy had set in. If you are happy with mediocrity then that is your problem, but I will not accept it.

And no, I don't want Coach Robe's head. What I do want is consistency from a program that should produce consistency.

All of the top teams in the country lose great players every year, but they don't have to go into rebuild mode like we seem to do. If you want to see the model of inconsistency, then look at our records starting with the 2000 season.

Apathy has far too long been the norm at this place. Everybody is always quick to make excuses (we're too young, we lost a lot of seniors, blah blah blah) As a graduate of this University, as a season ticket holder, and as a resident of this community, I think I am entitled to feel this way and to expect nothing but the best, and when that doesn't happen, you better believe I am going to voice my opinion.

CDeb, I don't know you, and this post is not directed specifically to you, so if I offend you, I am sorry.

Now, GEAUX CAJUNS and let's get those bats going.

UL Baseball Re: BASEBALL RPI / La Tech - 38. UL - 94

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim
    I don't think anyone is wanting Robe's head but you have to say one thing, this is an inconsistant team. They are up and down and that is something we are not use to seeing. We are not use to getting beat by La. teams and this year seems to be the trend. We have lost 5 games to Southland teams, something that does not happen.

I hate to say this, that if we don't win 40 plus games, the conference tournament, we won't get an at large bid because we lost too many games to Southland Conference opponents. That is the harsh realilty of this. With the bigger conference schools putting more money in their programs and are getting better players, they are the one's going to get more at large bids. It use to be the Sunbelt would get 4 and even 5 teams in post season play, but not anymore. Let's face it, without saying we have a bunch of lesser players, i would like to say they have been disappointing. When pitching is good, hitting is bad, when hitting is good, middle relievers have let us down. SO, It is gonna be a wait and see when these guys green lights come on and play like we think they can play. In closing , I have always said, Louisiana Ball is good and any college can bet another college on any given day. I think Coach's frustrations are starting to show. No Senior leadership, no one that I know of that has stepped forward to speak out and get these guys motivated to win. I will always support Cajun Baseball as long as Robe is here.

Geaux Cajuns
    We are adding to "The Tigue" some each year. Box seats, chairbacks, brick wall, new scoreboard, new outfield fence, Lourdes Park, 1st and 3rd base bleachers, Roy room, game day sponsor board, ticket boothe, black aluminum fencing, etc. There is more to come: New grand stand(3-5yrs)unless someone big steps up, this will tie into the existing bleachers and will have skyboxes(pic in Robes office, his brother drew the plans)! Club House total renovation(just waiting for Robe to make a few calls)!!

We are YOUNG and inconsistant having recruited High School Freshmen the past TWO years heavily and lost many Seniors last year I sort of expected this. That being said, I feel by mid to late April I feel we will be a much better team winning some of those games we are losing now!!

Geaux Louisiana,
    DaddyCajun

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim

Geaux Cajuns
    I think we go to the NCAA tourney if we win the conference regular seaon, even if we don't win the conference tournament. It has been years since our regular season champ has not made the NCAA tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    We are adding to "The Tigue" some each year. Box seats, chairbacks, brick wall, new scoreboard, new outfield fence, Lourdes Park, 1st and 3rd base bleachers, Roy room, game day sponsor board, ticket boothe, black aluminum fencing, etc. There is more to come: New grand stand(3-5yrs)unless someone big steps up, this will tie into the existing bleachers and will have skyboxes(pic in Robes office, his brother drew the plans)! Club House total renovation(just waiting for Robe to make a few calls)!!

We are YOUNG and inconsistant having recruited High School Freshmen the past TWO years heavily and lost many Seniors last year I sort of expected this. That being said, I feel by mid to late April I feel we will be a much better team winning some of those games we are losing now!!

Geaux Louisiana,
    DaddyCajun
    DC,
    Everything that you posted is true and fantastic. It is really amazing what Coach Robe has done with the little resources that he has and the little help he gets from you know who. Of course, a lot of what get accomplished from a facility standpoint couldn't happen without people like yourself.

Just think of what he could do coaching wise if he could focus all of his efforts and energy on just coaching. Maybe with a new athletic director and a new president (Dr. A can't hang around forever) we can move this program along like it should be moving.

I also think that recruiting freshmen is the way to go. The trick is to have enough seniors around to guide the freshmen year after year. Hopefully, with the stable of young talent that we have, we can start to see that trend.

In any event, I applaud Coach Robe for doing more with less than anybody in the country. My fear is that we lose him before we get a new president. I don't care who you are or how good of a person you are, money speaks volumes, and a person can only take so much of banging their head against a wall before something gives ( a la Yvette Girouard).

Like I said earlier, I am going to continue to complain and critique when we lose, but I will always give credit after we win (go back and look at all of my posts).

GEAUX CAJUNS

UL Softball Re: BASEBALL RPI / La Tech - 38. UL - 94

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    I love this team and this University.

And no, I will not stop complaining, because if I did then that would mean apathy had set in. If you are happy with mediocrity then that is your problem, but I will not accept it.

And no, I don't want Coach Robe's head. What I do want is consistency from a program that should produce consistency.

All of the top teams in the country lose great players every year, but they don't have to go into rebuild mode like we seem to do. If you want to see the model of inconsistency, then look at our records starting with the 2000 season.

Apathy has far too long been the norm at this place. Everybody is always quick to make excuses (we're too young, we lost a lot of seniors, blah blah blah) As a graduate of this University, as a season ticket holder, and as a resident of this community, I think I am entitled to feel this way and to expect nothing but the best, and when that doesn't happen, you better believe I am going to voice my opinion.

CDeb, I don't know you, and this post is not directed specifically to you, so if I offend you, I am sorry.

Now, GEAUX CAJUNS and let's get those bats going.
    Hello, I was not asking you to stop complaining, infact, I don't think you are complaining, I think you are concerned and you are right about" Consistency".
    we all should voice our concerns. Let's face it, if we as "Alums or fans" who support this athletic program can't voice our concerns or displeasures, then we need to find a program that wants to listen to its fans. I am one who likes to voice his concerns and will also praise accomplishments. As Baseball fans, we are not use to seeing the kind of baseball that is happening right now. We have become somewhat spoiled and know that this is a sport that gets us nationally recognized and extends us into a prestigious event. I am going to wait and see. I know Coach RObe is not happy at this point. So, I will continue to go to the games and wonder when they will break out.

Continue your support and GEAUX CAJUNS

Default Baseball RPI

We are currently 52 in warrennolan.com rpi poll and climbing. We were at 55 before yesterdays game.

Troy is at 14 in that same poll. That series will be huge but the only thing we need to look at right now is the other Trojans from UALR.

Default Re: Baseball RPI

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    We are currently 52 in warrennolan.com rpi poll and climbing. We were at 55 before yesterdays game.

Troy is at 14 in that same poll. That series will be huge but the only thing we need to look at right now is the other Trojans from UALR.
    You are right to an extent. Don't forget about the remainder of our non-conference schedule. That is where we could really hurt ourselves. We have games against Lamar, Southeaster and Northwestern left. Lamar's RPI is 69. A win Tuesday could really lift our RPI, but losses to Southeastern (RPI 141) and/or Northwestern (RPI 190) could be devastating. We just need to stay focused and take care of business.

In any event, I must say that I am more impressed with this team than just about any other Cajun team no matter what happens from here on out because of the youth that they have and the maturity with which they have played. I think that this is a direct reflection on our coaching staff. We have the two classiest coaches in the country and their leadership shines through the players.

GEAUX CAJUNS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information