Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hornets Blowing Lottery Chances

1. UL Basketball Hornets Blowing Lottery Chances

My God, they won two in a row, and are now a full three games ahead of the Bobcats in the win column.

The must absolutly bow to the Knicks, I am begining to feel like a Colt fan. The Hornets need to do a lot more Suckin. Oh, well it probably does not matter, probably get sold and move to Kansas City and like the Jazz have twenty plus years of great basketball.

Default Re: Hornets Blowing Lottery Chances:

They aren't going anywhere. if we don't get Anthony Davis at the #1 spot, which isn't even guaranteed if we win 0 games all year. there is plenty of talent in the 2-5 area. Thomas Robinson, Harrison Barnes, MKG, etc

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    My God, they won two in a row, and are now a full three games ahead of the Bobcats in the win column.

The must absolutly bow to the Knicks, I am begining to feel like a Colt fan. The Hornets need to do a lot more Suckin. Oh, well it probably does not matter, probably get sold and move to Kansas City and like the Jazz have twenty plus years of great basketball.
    I watch every hornets game possible and the last thing I want to see is them lose. You're obviously not a fan. Also, they've been my favorite NBA team since as long as I can remember so them coming to NOLA was a great joy to me. The team is a year removed from going to the playoffs and have gone to the playoffs in 5 of the 9 years they've been in New Orleans. They have a great coach and fan support there is still pretty strong. I don't see them going anywhere.

4. Default Re: Hornets Blowing Lottery Chances:

Ok, you might be an NBA fan. You might be a Hornet fan, I am a homer. By that I want the Louisiana team to win. Jazz, Hornets whatever.

But to call the Hornets a professional team is a joke. They are not alone. IMO there is one professional league and it goes by the letters NFL. There may be some others but not the NBA, and not MLB. Both of these leagues have about eight professional teams, and the rest are high priced minor league teams developing players for the big boys.

NBA: Every year teams like the Hornets develop players for the major markets. They then find themselves unable or unwilling to sign their own stars. They con the fans into buying tickets with promice of a future, a future doomed to developing stars for the major markets.

MLB: Almost the same thing happens there.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Ok, you might be an NBA fan. You might be a Hornet fan, I am a homer. By that I want the Louisiana team to win. Jazz, Hornets whatever.

But to call the Hornets a professional team is a joke. They are not alone. IMO there is one professional league and it goes by the letters NFL. There may be some others but not the NBA, and not MLB. Both of these leagues have about eight professional teams, and the rest are high priced minor league teams developing players for the big boys.

NBA: Every year teams like the Hornets develop players for the major markets. They then find themselves unable or unwilling to sign their own stars. They con the fans into buying tickets with promice of a future, a future doomed to developing stars for the major markets.

MLB: Almost the same thing happens there.
    That response was so full of stupidity I don't even know where to start. I don't have the time or the patience to reply to your ignorance. Kyle has worn me out from the last few days.

Well I'm a fan and by this point I'm definitely rooting for them to lose. I mean what the heck are you rooting for? A 7 win season? At some point you need to start looking towards next year.

Yeah the hornets are going to get alot better when Eric Gordon comes back

We're getting the #1 pick regardless. Stern will rig it for us

I'm the biggest Hornets fan I know and I'm rooting for the tank. Nothing is worse in the NBA than mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    We're getting the #1 pick regardless. Stern will rig it for us
    Stern F'ked us by vetoing the first trade deal with the Lakers. We would have had a playoff team had that trade gone through.

A 6-8 seed for the next couple of years with no real chance to win a championship

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    A 6-8 seed for the next couple of years with no real chance to win a championship
    The Hornets will never have a "real" shot at a title. We are not in a major market and we don't have a fan base like OKC does. So we have to accept that the best we can expect is for a consistent playoff team and maybe we can sneak into the Finals with some upsets.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    The Hornets will never have a "real" shot at a title. We are not in a major market and we don't have a fan base like OKC does. So we have to accept that the best we can expect is for a consistent playoff team and maybe we can sneak into the Finals with some upsets.
    What? No. The way you build a small market team is with smart draft picks and savvy free agent signings. How do you think OKC got so good? Our fanbase was good when we were good. They'll be back.

Fwiw, the team with the worst record has won the lottery only twice in the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    I'm the biggest Hornets fan I know and I'm rooting for the tank. Nothing is worse in the NBA than mediocrity.
    Well then we should meet, then you'll become the second biggest you know.
    A fan doesn't want their team to lose every game. If they did then what's the purpose of rooting for the team in the first place? What would you be rooting for? The thought process is contrary to any known notion of what a fan (short for fanatic) is.
    I'm personally hoping for the t-wolves to tank and every other <14 win team to start winning because the Hornets get their pick. It's going to upset some of "fans", but post all-star break the team is going to start winning even more. And probably even more after Gordon comes back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information