Thread: Lady Cajuns open season with blowout wins

1. Default Lady Cajuns open season with blowout wins

Asked if she's officially a slugger now, former Teurlings Catholic standout Paige Cormier just laughed. UL's 5-foot-5 senior second baseman practically blushed at the question and hesitated to be the one to build herself up. Cormier and several .

Default Re: Lady Cajuns open season with blowout wins

That second blowout win.against the number 24 team in the country and the best pitcher that CUSA has.was something to see. And another freshman sensation was on the mound.

Glad I was able to be there to see it.

PS.being able to watch part of the game with Snote was a bonus.

And yes everyone, the stadium construction is finished. Nice comfortable seating. A great venue. I sat with a group from Tulsa and they loved the stadium and the Moncla IPF. They were able to use the IPF during the rains on Friday.

The Stadium Club and reserved parking near the stadium are a really nice perk. It was worth our wait to get construction done right.

Yep.I should have said that above. The stadium is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    PS.being able to watch part of the game with Snote was a bonus.
    I thought I saw that "long haired freaky people" in the stands. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Asked if she's officially a slugger now, former Teurlings Catholic standout Paige Cormier just laughed. UL's 5-foot-5 senior second baseman practically blushed at the question and hesitated to be the one to build herself up. Cormier and several .
    You can add another jack to Cormier's total.

Lady Cajuns up 9-0 in the top of the 2nd

Christi may be hitting after Paige.to protect her. :-)

Another strong game. Even though it is against a lesser team than the 2 games yesterday, it is still impressive. It is 20-0 and the game isn't over yet. Oops! Another HR - now 21-0!

Is this the best LC team ever?

I won't judge that after only 3 games, but we're much more solid in the batting order than years past. We used 5 pitchers this weekeend, which will help down the road. Competition was also better than in the past. Tulsa was the returning CUSA champion and MVSU is picked to win the SWAC. Rutgers will be a good team down the road.

More tough competition coming in next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I won't judge that after only 3 games, but we're much more solid in the batting order than years past. We used 5 pitchers this weekeend, which will help down the road. Competition was also better than in the past. Tulsa was the returning CUSA champion and MVSU is picked to win the SWAC. Rutgers will be a good team down the road.

More tough competition coming in next weekend.
    Good assessment. I watched last year's Classic teams and left thinking Teurlings could have beat a couple of them. This field was definitely a bit stronger.no high school level team in the field.yet we had the same results.

Jordan Wallace reminds me a bit of what we all thought of Ashley the first time we saw her pitch. And To watch Paige Cormier.in that small frame.hit the way she did all weekend was amazing.

You know every year I think " this years team is special".well, after watching this weekend I am gonna tell you "THIS TEAM IS SPECIAL"there is something different.for a lack of a better way to put it into few words, SEEMS THEY HAVE RAISED THE BAR AGAIN.individually and collectivelyfrom players to coachingjust proud of what you do LADY CAJUNS & COACHES!

UL Softball Re: Lady Cajuns open season with blowout wins

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEAUX UL 78 View Post
    You know every year I think " this years team is special".well, after watching this weekend I am gonna tell you "THIS TEAM IS SPECIAL"there is something different.for a lack of a better way to put it into few words, SEEMS THEY HAVE RAISED THE BAR AGAIN.individually and collectivelyfrom players to coachingjust proud of what you do LADY CAJUNS & COACHES!
    I second that!

Thread Information