View Poll Results: Final Four - Who do you want to win?

Voters
88. This poll is closed
  • LSU

21 23.86%
  • George Mason

56 63.64%
  • Florida

7 7.95%
  • UCLA

4 4.55%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Final Four - Who do you want to win?

Default Final Four - Who do you want to win?

Pick one!

Default Re: Final Four - Who do you want to win?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna
    Pick one!
    George Mason all the way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna
    Pick one!
    By George, Mason's the one!

I voted George Mason and I'll tell you why: yes, LSU is a Louisiana team, which I believe we should support the Louisiana teams if they're not playing us. However, I think UL has more "at stake" should George Mason win. If GM wins as a low seeded mid-major, it will force future selection committees to realize that the big boys they always pick for at large aren't as talented as they thought, and/or the mid majors are much more talented than they thought, if not as talented is some cases as the big boys. Therefore, if GM wins, UL has a better chance in the future of getting at large bids. Just my .02

God Bless
    GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!

5. Default Re: Final Four - Who do you want to win?

I'm going for George Mason all the way. It would be great to see them win it all. Plus, I hate LSU and hope the worst for them in everything they do. Seeing Florida win would be cool. Don't really have an opinion on UCLA, just hope that they beat LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by bigguill
    Plus, I hate LSU and hope the worst for them in everything they do
    Why?!?!?! what the ____ did we ever do to you?

7. Default Re: Final Four - Who do you want to win?

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux5000
    Don't open up that can of worms. It will only get ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee
    Don't open up that can of worms. It will only get ugly.
    it's a legitimate question, we operate in a totally different conference and the teams rarely play in any sport. I don't have a problem with ULL and I think it's stupid for any ULL fan to root against LSU unless the two teams are playing or some other situation where an LSU will directly help a ULL team in some sort of postseason situation or something like that.

Geaux,

If you do some research on the whole name change issue, and on other issues as well, I'm sure you could find some pro-LSU bias in the state gonverment. IN a nutshell, that's where some of the bitterness comes from, which I can totally understand. However, I think one way to start turning the tide in UL's favor, and a way to get more LSU fans and Louisiana people in general to start supporting UL as well, is to not always have this whining "got a chip on my shoulder and not afraid to say something" attitude.

Like I said, as a UL fan, I understand some people's bitterness towards LSU in general, but I feel it is misdirected towards the wrong people. I do support UL's efforts to be recognized legally and popularly as "University of Louisiana", and everythign else they're tryin to do.

Now that I've gone WAY off course from the topic of this poll, I reaffirm my choice to root for George Mason all the way.

God Bless!

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!

10. Default Re: Final Four - Who do you want to win?

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    Geaux,

If you do some research on the whole name change issue, and on other issues as well, I'm sure you could find some pro-LSU bias in the state gonverment. IN a nutshell, that's where some of the bitterness comes from, which I can totally understand. However, I think one way to start turning the tide in UL's favor, and a way to get more LSU fans and Louisiana people in general to start supporting UL as well, is to not always have this whining "got a chip on my shoulder and not afraid to say something" attitude.

Like I said, as a UL fan, I understand some people's bitterness towards LSU in general, but I feel it is misdirected towards the wrong people. I do support UL's efforts to be recognized legally and popularly as "University of Louisiana", and everythign else they're tryin to do.

Now that I've gone WAY off course from the topic of this poll, I reaffirm my choice to root for George Mason all the way.

God Bless!

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!
    why don't you focus your efforts on improving ULL and less trying to bring down LSU?

I really don't care one way or another about the name change thing and I personally don't care what you call yourselves, but if you can call yourselves the University of Louisiana, then why can't ULM, or one of the other mid-major state schools?. There is not a competition between LSU and ULL, because the two schools are in totally different situations.

11. Default Re: Final Four - Who do you want to win?

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    I voted George Mason and I'll tell you why: yes, LSU is a Louisiana team, which I believe we should support the Louisiana teams if they're not playing us. However, I think UL has more "at stake" should George Mason win. If GM wins as a low seeded mid-major, it will force future selection committees to realize that the big boys they always pick for at large aren't as talented as they thought, and/or the mid majors are much more talented than they thought, if not as talented is some cases as the big boys. Therefore, if GM wins, UL has a better chance in the future of getting at large bids. Just my .02

God Bless
    GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!
    Sid, I would like to think you are right about the selection committee, the big boys etc. If George Mason wins it all, which I hope they do, I don't think it will influence the selection committee's thinking on at large bids. The NCAA, is a pawn of the big boys, and they, the big boys, will have the influence needed to have the committee continue picking at large teams as they now do.
    I hope GM wins because they are considered a mid major, and for some unknown reason I favor, most of the time, the underdog.

12. Default Re: Final Four - Who do you want to win?

it's a legitimate question, we operate in a totally different conference and the teams rarely play in any sport. I don't have a problem with ULL and I think it's stupid for any ULL fan to root against LSU unless the two teams are playing or some other situation where an LSU will directly help a ULL team in some sort of postseason situation or something like that.

Look, I have friends who are big LSU fans and pull against UL in any way possible. It's just the way it goes.

13. Default Re: Final Four - Who do you want to win?

why don't you focus your efforts on improving ULL and less trying to bring down LSU?

I really don't care one way or another about the name change thing and I personally don't care what you call yourselves, but if you can call yourselves the University of Louisiana, then why can't ULM, or one of the other mid-major state schools?. There is not a competition between LSU and ULL, because the two schools are in totally different situations.
    I agree that both schools are in totally different situations, but the actions that LSU has done in the past (and still continue to do) in not allowing other Universities in the state to flourish is the root of my bitterness. Other states do not have a problem in (and benefit from) having more than one major University in their state. Why not Louisiana?

I realize that it is unlikely that we will never be on the widescale arena that LSU operates in, but with their resources, they should be welcoming, not condemning, the growth of state Universities, which would ultimately improve the state of Louisiana. I just can't help but think about almost all of the other states in the country having more than one major University and realize that although we need to improve our University within to improve our status, we are fighting against a glass ceiling that LSU installed many years ago to stunt our growth.

I also can go state state-by-state on the map and name a "University of" and "State University" for most. Why is Louisiana not a part of that? So while LSU thinks that by their national achievements they are making Louisiana a better state, they are to some extent because of national acknowledgement. But major multiple major Universities can boost a state's moral like non-other.

Just my opinion and GEAUX CAJUNS!

Needs to have a fifth optionAnyone but L$U, which I would have selected.

For the record, I voted for UCLA.

15. Default Re: Final Four - Who do you want to win?

What is wrong with this thread? It smells like corndogs!
    I cheer for the LSU bball players because they are Louisiana boys, and positive attention for louisiana is a good thing. But I root against LSU and all it hypocritically stands for. They go out of their way to hold us back academically and athletically. They copy our ideas (Geaux Cajuns was around a long time before Geaux Tiggers was a thought). And then they have the audacity to ask what we are complaining about. LSU gets more than half the state money that goes to secondary schools in the state, the others all share less than half. With all of the money they already make on marketing, that just doesn't seem fair, or even in the best interest of higher education in the state of louisiana. We can't "copy" any academic programs that LSU may have, but they can steal our well respected computer science program (the first in LA and one of the first in the south) among others. But mostly I hate the smug faces of those LSU "fans" (most of whom never set foot on a college campus) that think they are so cool cause they are LSU fans. Guess who is doing more with what they have academically? We Are!

Whew! I hate when I get all worked up. Back to the point,
    Geaux Louisiana! Go to h3ll LSU!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information