Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2012 12th Game ???

Default Re: 2012 12th Game ???

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Those who have paid attention and read threads on this board know this:

1. We play at OSU on Sept. 15. We play at Fla. on Nov. 10. We play Tulane at Cajun Field on Oct. 6th.
    2. We had an agreement to play Southern which recently fell through. That leaves a non conference opening on the schedule.
    3. We will play eight conference games next year. We will have Arkansas State, FIU, WKU and South Alabama at Cajun Field. We will travel to North Texas, Troy, ULM and FAU. We will not play Middle Tennessee next year.

That's what we know.

Someone posted on this board that McNeese would be the 12th opponent. I have been able to confirm there is no truth to that.

My understanding is we are very close to having the final game scheduled. I do not know the opponent. If I did, and it wasn't totally done, I would not post it on this board.

Now, you know.
    Can honestly say I do not know either. Scott Farmer has been out recovering from a medical procedure, so there is nothing new on the schedule since the Recruiting Bash. McNeese will eventually happen again, as will Southern but those will be worked out in the futher.

I bet we end up having 12 games this year with 6 at home.

What me worry?

I think McNeese and Southern will happen again in the future as well.

I did talk to a McNeese supporter who is in the know. He said that a contract was sent by McNeese to Scott Farmer who was looking to fill a spot on September 1st since the Southern game was nixed. Apparently Texas A&M dropped McNeese who they were scheduled to play on that same opening date to play La Tech. A&M bought out McNeese and left UL in a position to offer McNeese an contract similar to the one in 2007. It was a smaller pay day for McNeese, a workable pay out by UL, and a win/win for both schools due to the potential attendence.

La Tech had to "buy out" Lamar who they were scheduled to play on September 1st as well. For whatever reason, the contract between ULL vs McNeese was a go according to Scott Farmer until it was stopped by a "higher up". If that higher up was President Savoie or Coach Hudspeth I do not know, but they are the only ones who could stop it.

Right now, my hunch would be getting Lamar to come in from "out of state" because frankly they need a game just like McNeese. If UL is looking for an FBS opponent then I have no idea; but, time is getting short and FBS schools are filling up their schedules. And we need a 6th HOME game!

Lamar would be cool! I have a few cousins that go there and they are huge supporters of the (relatively new) football team.

Whoever it is, it needs to be an easy win. Many here don't want to read that, but its a fact. We need an easy lay-up to tune-up the troops and get ready for conference. At UL's current place in the pecking order, strength of schedule does not mean much.

I think I mixed my metaphors a bit there.

Lake Charles American Press reports this morning about the T a&m buy out of the MacNease game leaving Lamar open.

7. Default Two FBS teams highlight Lamar's 2012 football schedule - KFDM-TV

Lamar has a 10-16 all-time record against the Rajun Cajuns, who were 42-33 winners in the last meeting of the teams in 1989. The Cardinals’ last win in the series was 14-12 in 1981. Coach Ray Woodard’s Cardinals, who went 4-7 in 2011, will face a .

Homes SO Clean

Looks like it is Lamar! Found this on the webpage of my hometown's AM radio station.

http://kogt.com/kogt_sports.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Textitan View Post
    Looks like it is Lamar! Found this on the webpage of my hometown's AM radio station.

http://kogt.com/kogt_sports.htm
    Ha ha! You're from Orange? I grew up there and went to BC (as my neighborhood was in both school districts). Yes, it is Lamar. We will be seeing you folks come September.

10. Default Re: 2012 12th Game ???

Quote Originally Posted by TBonesLU View Post
    Ha ha! You're from Orange? I grew up there and went to BC (as my neighborhood was in both school districts). Yes, it is Lamar. We will be seeing you folks come September.
    Good chance for Lamar football fans to break off the travel cob webs.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Tide View Post
    I think McNeese and Southern will happen again in the future as well.

I did talk to a McNeese supporter who is in the know. He said that a contract was sent by McNeese to Scott Farmer who was looking to fill a spot on September 1st since the Southern game was nixed. Apparently Texas A&M dropped McNeese who they were scheduled to play on that same opening date to play La Tech. A&M bought out McNeese and left UL in a position to offer McNeese an contract similar to the one in 2007. It was a smaller pay day for McNeese, a workable pay out by UL, and a win/win for both schools due to the potential attendence.

La Tech had to "buy out" Lamar who they were scheduled to play on September 1st as well. For whatever reason, the contract between ULL vs McNeese was a go according to Scott Farmer until it was stopped by a "higher up". If that higher up was President Savoie or Coach Hudspeth I do not know, but they are the only ones who could stop it.

Right now, my hunch would be getting Lamar to come in from "out of state" because frankly they need a game just like McNeese. If UL is looking for an FBS opponent then I have no idea; but, time is getting short and FBS schools are filling up their schedules. And we need a 6th HOME game!
    The contract was not stopped by either, thats the ____ of the crow talk coming out of Lake Charles. Anyone on this board think Coach Hudspeth is scared to play McNeese State? We are not talking about Rickey Bustle here, but a coach that beat a MWC in a bowl game. From what I've heard UL was already in negotiations with another FCS program when McNeese was bought out by Texas A&M and didn't want to hurt themselves in the future with that program. Why burn bridges with a program that you have entered into contract negtiations in good faith with? The Cajuns were in contract talks with Lamar and another before McNeese became available. I'm sure McNeese will get done, but I don't think anyone is buying Mark Hudspeth is scared to play McNeese. Anyone that has gotten to know him, knows that is an absolute joke.

12. Default Re: 2012 12th Game ???

I am glad you posted this. I was about to post the exact same thing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TBonesLU View Post
    I am.went to WOS.

Thanks for clearing this up, Cajun T. We all know the results we saw all of last year. McNeese still is a bunch of wanna-be's that missed the boat years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Tide View Post
    Thanks for clearing this up, Cajun T. We all know the results we saw all of last year. McNeese still is a bunch of wanna-be's that missed the boat years ago!
    Told Hud at the BB game tonight that the word out of Lake Charles is he is scared to play McNeese. His response was, "You believe that BJ"? I answered quickly, no coach I do not! LOL!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information