Thread: The Steve Gleason Story

Default Re: The Steve Gleason Story

Forever a saints legend

Bump for those that didn't see it

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    Bump for those that didn't see it
    My wife and I watched it. A very emotional segment. ALS hits very close to home in my family. My father-in-law passed away from the disease 36 years ago this month. I encourage everyone to support ALS research and support Steve in his fight. He's an inspiration to us all.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    My wife and I watched it. A very emotional segment. ALS hits very close to home in my family. My father-in-law passed away from the disease 36 years ago this month. I encourage everyone to support ALS research and support Steve in his fight. He's an inspiration to us all.
    That segment was the best part of the drawn out 5 hour pregame for the super bowl. I'm glad I was able to catch it.

I wonder if Steve knows about OT. I think he'd want to meet him.

Wasn't able to watch it live because of work, but I saw it this morning via a friend's facebook posting. Wow. I mean, just wow. Steve's wife struck it home for me when she said "It's not the loss of body functions that gets me depressed, it's the fact that he's losing his speaking ability. That's what gets me so upset, that I might not be able to hear his voice anymore, or that he might not be able to talk to his son."

I'm not married, nor have a child, but I soon will have all of that since I'm engaged. But man, Idk how I could go on living if I wasnt able to say a word to my beautiful children or lovely wife anymore. Which is why I thank God everyday for what he gives me man

7. Default Re: The Steve Gleason Story

I wonder if that is Paul Variscoe''s daughter---looks just like him and a little like the wife Jill???-Paul for those that don't know is the singer for PV and the Milestones!!!

What a powerful story. We all like to think of ourselves as brave and selfless, but only in times of tragedy do we really find out what we are made of. Steve and his wife have definitely passed this test. Best of luck Gleason Family!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I wonder if that is Paul Variscoe''s daughter---looks just like him and a little like the wife Jill???-Paul for those that don't know is the singer for PV and the Milestones!!!

10. UL Football Steve Gleason speaks at New Orleans Entrepreneur Week

Former New Orleans Saints player Steve Gleason, who was diagnosed with ALS in 2011, makes a closing comment at New Orleans Entrepreneur Week about the future of technology.

11. UL Football Steve Gleason Will Announce New Orleans Saints’ Third Round Pick at the NFL Draft

Gleason is one of 32 former players that will represent their former team at the NFL draft

12. UL Football What the national media are writing about the New Orleans Saints, NFL

Former New Orleans Saints linebacker Scott Fujita writes about Team Gleason's trip to Peru.ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas says if the Tampa Bay Buccaneers complete their trade for Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis it wouldn't be the biggest trade in franchise history. About.

Default Atlanta Radio Station makes fun of Steve Gleason

So an Atlanta radio station 790 AM the Zone.

Here are some of the responces on twitter.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40790TheZone&src=typd

Scott Fujita ‏@sfujita55 43m
    I'm going to reserve judgement until I hear this morning's playback from @790TheZone. But right now I'm enraged.

Stewart Cathey, Jr. ‏@stewartcatheyjr 49s
    @rflem24 @andym1134 @790TheZone 3 minute joke where they pretended that Steve Gleason called in and they asked him questions.

Default Re: Atlanta Radio Station makes fun of Steve Gleason

Some others picking up the story.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/6/1.-steve-gleason

Default Re: Atlanta Radio Station makes fun of Steve Gleason

From one of the talking heads

Nick Cellini ‏@NickCellini 2m
    My apologies to everyone. It was a stupid attempt at humor that backfired. Emphasis on stupid.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information