Thread: Senior BowlAre they looking at the same person?

Default Senior BowlAre they looking at the same person?

We all know that Bently and Green are making the Ragin Cajuns look good at the senior bowl practices this week, but the comments from some of the writers around the country on Green just make me want to say "hmmmmmmmmmm". One says he "stiff" and another says "fluid". One says "crisp routes" and another says "rounding his routes a bit"I know, one says potayto and the other potahto.but

http://blogs.theadvertiser.com/ragin.tice-reviews//

Ladarius Green Senior Bowl practice reviews

Posted on January 26, 2012 by Tim Buckley from the Daily Advertiser

Ragin' Cajuns cornerback Bill Bentley isn't the one only making his mark during practice this week in advance of Saturday's Senior Bowl in Mobile.
    UL tight Ladarius Green is too, based in part on some of these media observations:

Default Re: Senior BowlAre they looking at the same person?

Looked all good to me.

Believe it or notscouts can have different perspectives on the same player. Some scouts are looking for a certain something, and some scouts are looking for something completely different. This is not rocket surgery. (Favorite new saying I heard from someone at work)

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Believe it or notscouts can have different perspectives on the same player. Some scouts are looking for a certain something, and some scouts are looking for something completely different. This is not rocket surgery. (Favorite new saying I heard from someone at work)
    So what a minute you telling me that people have different opinions? So one scout could watch two quarterbacks and thing one will be better than the other? Wow.

So the pats weren't saving brady till the 6th round because they wanted to save money on his contract?

Or some scout actually thought Ryan Leaf would be better than Peyton Manning?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    So what a minute you telling me that people have different opinions? So one scout could watch two quarterbacks and thing one will be better than the other? Wow.

So the pats weren't saving brady till the 6th round because they wanted to save money on his contract?

Or some scout actually thought Ryan Leaf would be better than Peyton Manning?
    Mind.blown.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    We all know that Bently and Green are making the Ragin Cajuns look good at the senior bowl practices this week, but the comments from some of the writers around the country on Green just make me want to say "hmmmmmmmmmm". One says he "stiff" and another says "fluid". One says "crisp routes" and another says "rounding his routes a bit"I know, one says potayto and the other potahto.but

http://blogs.theadvertiser.com/ragin.tice-reviews//

Ladarius Green Senior Bowl practice reviews

Posted on January 26, 2012 by Tim Buckley from the Daily Advertiser

Ragin' Cajuns cornerback Bill Bentley isn't the one only making his mark during practice this week in advance of Saturday's Senior Bowl in Mobile.
    UL tight Ladarius Green is too, based in part on some of these media observations:

Keep in mind some of the media observations are shared by people with a blog and a dream of becoming the next NFL draft expert. Meaning not all of these people really know what they're doing or talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    Keep in mind some of the media observations are shared by people with a blog and a dream of becoming the next NFL draft expert. Meaning not all of these people really know what they're doing or talking about.
    Also, keep in mind that a lot of these scouts are just regurgitating something they heard another scout saying earlier in the week. One thing I've learned in talking to scouts this week is that if they haven't really seen a player, they can make it sound like they have by using really vague terms to describe the player.

That being said, most of the discussions around Bentley and Green this week have been very positive. Of course, every scout is going to find things each player needs to work on, but for the most part, people have liked what they've seen from each player.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch24 View Post
    Also, keep in mind that a lot of these scouts are just regurgitating something they heard another scout saying earlier in the week. One thing I've learned in talking to scouts this week is that if they haven't really seen a player, they can make it sound like they have by using really vague terms to describe the player.
    IMO, that's how the vast majority of callers on sports talk (and probably most fans for that matter) form their opinion, not just these "scouts." They watch ESPN or read the paper or go online and go with the populist opinion. Basically, take what Skip Bayless says and believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Basically, take what Skip Bayless says and believe the opposite.
    +1

10. Default Re: Senior BowlAre they looking at the same person?

What time is the game tomorrow??? It is tomorrow right!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    What time is the game tomorrow??? It is tomorrow right!!!!
    3pm CST on NFL network

Latest story from NFL network on Bentley.

http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story/.=HP11_cpentley.

Thread Information