Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Perception

Default Perception

Senior Bowl South Team practice just started and they immediately talked about two top corners, Bentley and a guy from Furman. Problem is they called both as coming from small schools, i.e. 1AA schools - Furman and Louisiana Lafayette (the Lafayette was included even if it is deleted here). These guys didn't do their home work and appear to be winging it on facts about UL, but then Louisiana Lafayette does sound like a small time school.

Default Re: Dwight Bentley!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Senior Bowl South Team practice just started and they immediately talked about two top corners, Bentley and a guy from Furman. Problem is they called both as coming from small schools, i.e. 1AA schools - Furman and Louisiana Lafayette (the Lafayette was included even if it is deleted here). These guys didn't do their home work and appear to be winging it on facts about UL, but then Louisiana Lafayette does sound like a small time school.
    These guys said small schools and you took that to mean small time. That's on you. They said small schools and you took it to mean 1-FCS. They would call FIU small, but FIU is in Miami with an enrollment of over 30K.

This thread is supposed to be about bill not name griping.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    These guys said small schools and you took that to mean small time. That's on you. They said small schools and you took it to mean 1-FCS. They would call FIU small, but FIU is in Miami with an enrollment of over 30K.

This thread is supposed to be about bill not name griping.
    Small school has nothing to do with enrollment, otherwise a lot is D1A schools would be referred to that way and they aren't. We were lumped in with Furman and called small schools for a reason. It is all perception which is why effective Branding is critical. I'm just pointing out another example of that, not trying to hijack this thread into a name issue.

not trying to hijack this thread into a name issue.
    Too late.

We also got another new head coach according to the announcers at Senior Bowl Practice "what a great year they had under first year head coach Tommy Hudspeth"

Small school has nothing to do with enrollment, otherwise a lot is D1A schools would be referred to that way and they aren't. We were lumped in with Furman and called small schools for a reason. It is all perception which is why effective Branding is critical. I'm just pointing out another example of that, not trying to hijack this thread into a name issue.
    Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzus. A few years ago I posted how embarrasing it is when EVERY GODDDAM TIME our name is mentioned on TV SOMEBODY makes a big BLEEPING deal about it. Whiny titty baby's. THAT is what we are perceived as because the titty baby name crap. It does absoluetely NO GOOD to complain about thread jacking because some are so caught up in the name issue they can't enjoy the fact that we have TWO players being raved about by NFL scouts at the Senior Bowland you want to make this about YOUR personal grudge. I want to read about Ladarius being the number 1 TE at the Senior Bowl, not interjected by your CONTSTANT CONTINUAL negative energy directed towards our school, administration, paper, people of Lafayette, branding bla bla bla

Threads, Forums for names apparently don't work. Maybe a new webiste is order, and a moratorium on being a titty baby about our name is placed on RP. 3 strikes your out?

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzus. A few years ago I posted how embarrasing it is when EVERY GODDDAM TIME our name is mentioned on TV SOMEBODY makes a big BLEEPING deal about it. Whiny titty baby's. THAT is what we are perceived as because the titty baby name crap. It does absoluetely NO GOOD to complain about thread jacking because some are so caught up in the name issue they can't enjoy the fact that we have TWO players being raved about by NFL scouts at the Senior Bowland you want to make this about YOUR personal grudge. I want to read about Ladarius being the number 1 TE at the Senior Bowl, not interjected by your CONTSTANT CONTINUAL negative energy directed towards our school, administration, paper, people of Lafayette, branding bla bla bla

Threads, Forums for names apparently don't work. Maybe a new webiste is order, and a moratorium on being a titty baby about our name is placed on RP. 3 strikes your out?
    We are getting unprecedented exposure with our bowl game and Senior Bowl appearance and it is all coming as Louisiana Lafayette. We are getting entrenched that way no matter what we ask to be called and no matter what we put on our jerseys and stadiums. Our inability to effectively brand ourselves as Louisiana at a time when our publicity is at an all time high is of concern. To some people, that matters. You obviously don't care one way or the other if we are Louisiana or Louisiana Lafayette, UL or UL L. If a one paragraph post that says something positive about our players but points out where we had a chance to gain some national exposure as Louisiana and weren't recognized as such is so upsetting to you, then tune it out and take a flying leep. I did not make a big deal about it, but your rant sure did. I could give a _____ if it upsets you. Just read it, ignore it, don't comment on it and move on to the next thread.

FIU enrollment over 42 K - fact!!

Congrats to Bill! DB U lives!

We are getting unprecedented exposure with our bowl game and Senior Bowl appearance and it is all coming as Louisiana Lafayette. We are getting entrenched that way no matter what we ask to be called and no matter what we put on our jerseys and stadiums. Our inability to effectively brand ourselves as Louisiana at a time when our publicity is at an all time high is of concern. To some people, that matters. You obviously don't care one way or the other if we are Louisiana or Louisiana Lafayette, UL or UL L. If a one paragraph post that says something positive about our players but points out where we had a chance to gain some national exposure as Louisiana and weren't recognized as such is so upsetting to you, then tune it out and take a flying leep. I did not make a big deal about it, but your rant sure did. I could give a _____ if it upsets you. Just read it, ignore it, don't comment on it and move on to the next thread.
    The thing is, it's not just one paragraph. It's pretty much every post you make.

U La La! embrace it and have fun with it.

Now you have YOUR OWN DEDICATED THREAD called Perception. Have at it! Complain all you want.
    I made it clear years ago that I thought our branding should focus on Ragin' Cajuns, because that is most recognizable. But I don't interrrupt every single topic to whine about it. What good does that do here? Nothing!E mail the admin, call THEM, become the marketing director of the Universitysomething meaningful, because here, it falls on deaf ears. If it helps you vent, the so be it.but now you can vent in your own personal thread and not bombard everyone else.

Default Re: Perception

Its a perception because our football program has not done anything over recent years to suggest otherwise. It has nothing to do with the "branding" the university does or doesn't do for itself but rather, our lack of results over the years.

Yes we did have an outstanding season last year, but lets not forget where we were about 10 years ago. We were way down the list, it will take us some time to get respect.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Its a perception because our football program has not done anything over recent years to suggest otherwise. It has nothing to do with the "branding" the university does or doesn't do for itself but rather, our lack of results over the years.
    All true. and while his original complaint may have seemed over the top I think he does have a point in that it at least needs to be brought to the attention of our SID and marketing folks so they can contact these guys, educate them and set the record straight. Lets face it, if they would comment about Southern Miss's new coach "Hugh Freed" or congratulated Arkansas Little Rock for winning the Sun Belt football title this year someone from those institutions would be correcting them.

Maybe it was the wrong messenger or the message was presented the wrong way but I think he does have a point there.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information