Thread: What to look forward to???

Default What to look forward to???

Baseball season is approaching soon, I was just wondering what as a fan we have to look forward to? Who's our power going to be this year? What kind of expectations should we have?

Default Re: What to look forward to???

Jace Conrad.. nuff said!...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingayle View Post
    Baseball season is approaching soon, I was just wondering what as a fan we have to look forward to? Who's our power going to be this year? What kind of expectations should we have?
    This team won't have a lot of power. What they will have are young, talented players with very good speed. I, personally, am not going to have expectations for this team, not this year anyway. Our lineup will be dominated by freshmen and sophomores who are all going to be good players. But there's way too much youth for me to set sights too high.

That having been said, I think the last two recruiting classes are the best back-to-back classes we've had since sometime in the '90s. We aren't far away from having several consecutive years of regional play.

But I don't think it's this year. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    This team won't have a lot of power. What they will have are young, talented players with very good speed. I, personally, am not going to have expectations for this team, not this year anyway. Our lineup will be dominated by freshmen and sophomores who are all going to be good players. But there's way too much youth for me to set sights too high.

That having been said, I think the last two recruiting classes are the best back-to-back classes we've had since sometime in the '90s. We aren't far away from having several consecutive years of regional play.

The last time the BOP was wrong...we ended a season in the New Orleans Bowl. I like how BOP always tempers my enthusiasm. Make it's all worth more in the end.

They should be fun to watch at least. I should be able to afford season tickets by the time we start making those consecutive regional trips.

What should we expect from our pitchers? Is that position dominated by youth as well?

A couple solid freshmen and a handful of newcomers via JC (so they'll be upperclassmen, though still newcomers) but we still have a good core of your staff from last year with Nicholson, Zimmerman, then Traffica and the sophs that pitched last year as freshmen. We will need to rely on the newcomers so you'll see a new faces on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Jace Conrad.. nuff said!...
    anyone thinking a true freshman will come in and provide regular power is naive. Jace was a great high school player and hopefully will be a great college player but expecting him to the be the 'power' in our lineup is just not realistic.

another year of low scoring, defense/pitching saves the day, timely hitting, I think is in order here.

i think if chase compton continues where he left off last year, he will be the power in the lineup

There are a few of the freshmen who showed power in high school, but getting adjusted to college pitching can be a learning curve (or learning to hit a curve ). I will say at watching fall ball, the last team I remember looking this physical was the 2000 team. No expectations, but just saying...........

Quote Originally Posted by USL82 View Post
    anyone thinking a true freshman will come in and provide regular power is naive. Jace was a great high school player and hopefully will be a great college player but expecting him to the be the 'power' in our lineup is just not realistic.

another year of low scoring, defense/pitching saves the day, timely hitting, I think is in order here.
    Jace does not project as a power guy in college. Neither does Compton.

Dylan Butler and Nick Jones have the best power on this year's team. Butler will be in RF. Jones will probably be the DH.

12. Default Re: What to look forward to???

has a roster been posted on the UL Sports page???

Jace does not project as a power guy in college. Neither does Compton.

Dylan Butler and Nick Jones have the best power on this year's team. Butler will be in RF. Jones will probably be the DH.
    Snowden seemed to shop pop in the fall. Do you think he'll get some playing time this year?

Thread Information