Thread: Joe Paterno has passed away

Default Joe Paterno has passed away

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal.bituary_012212

You can have your views about the program and it's recent issues, but the world has lost a coaching icon.

Default Re: Joe Paterno has passed away

Quote Originally Posted by suprcajun View Post
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal.bituary_012212

You can have your views about the program and it's recent issues, but the world has lost a coaching icon.
    True. Sad that his end has to be clouded by this incident for which he does share responsibility.

3. Default Release: Penn State’s legendary Joe Paterno passes - NBC Sports

The Pennsylvania State University and college_athletics mourns the passing of Joseph V. Paterno, the winningest coach in the history of major college football. Paterno, who turned 85 last month, passed away surrounded by his family at Mount .

4. UL Football Re: Release: Penn State's legendary Joe Paterno passes - NBC Sports

Say what you will about him, he won a lot of games. No doubt the timing of the grand jury coming exactly one week after "THE WIN" seems to convient. I mean with all of the uproar he had to be fired. Somehow I wonder if he were not in the running possibly that grand jury finding comes a little sooner.

Joe Pa ran that university, if he felt that there was not proper disposal of the Sandusky thing he had the power to make it happen. He did not, he was involved in a covr up for over a decade, I now personally discount all of his wins after the incident. I also now wonder how clean was the program really. How many other things will never come to light.

Default Re: Joe Paterno has passed away

He kicked it upstairs and hoped it would go away. I'm guessing if he had needed something for the team and kicked it upstairs he would have followed up. Unfortunate to have such a long legacy taintedbut truly if he wasn't in position to do the right thing no one ever has been.

I hope his family finds peace, but I hope Sandusky does not even more.

Default Re: Release: Penn State's legendary Joe Paterno passes - NBC Sports

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Say what you will about him, he won a lot of games. No doubt the timing of the grand jury coming exactly one week after "THE WIN" seems to convient. I mean with all of the uproar he had to be fired. Somehow I wonder if he were not in the running possibly that grand jury finding comes a little sooner.

Joe Pa ran that university, if he felt that there was not proper disposal of the Sandusky thing he had the power to make it happen. He did not, he was involved in a covr up for over a decade, I now personally discount all of his wins after the incident. I also now wonder how clean was the program really. How many other things will never come to light.
    Probably not the right time to discuss this, but there are many people back in Pennsylvania that are angry because of his passing and pointing the finger at the media and others. I respect Joe Paterno for what he has done for many of his players and college football. There will never another like him in my opinion and its unfortunate that his legacy will be tainted by what he didn’t do. But his decision not to act on such a heinous crime and allowing this guy to return to campus with his own set of keys goes beyond comprehension to anyone with children. Perhaps those that are angry should take a step back and look at it through the eyes of a parent or child.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing!

Joe Paterno was a good man that did nothing when a child was in need. Who will protect the young if grown men will turn a blind eye? God will judge his actions or lack of actions. We should all hope that if we were ever in JoPa's position, we would act differently.

GEAUX UL!

Nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing!

Joe Paterno was a good man that did nothing when a child was in need. Who will protect the young if grown men will turn a blind eye? God will judge his actions or lack of actions. We should all hope that if we were ever in JoPa's position, we would act differently.

GEAUX UL!

Thread Information