Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst . 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 52 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2006-2007 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

UL Basketball Re: Ragin' Cajuns vs USA

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun

My hopes are that we start winning some games soon to allow this team in the tourney and to give them the confidence to make some noise in the tourney. My hopes anyway!

DaddyCajun
    The understanding I have from BoP is that the Cajuns must finish 7th in conference standings to host an elimination game or finish 11th just to play in an elimination game.

The top three teams get a bye into the four team tourney in the Dome and the next eight play for the fourth spot.

So I would assume seeds 4 - 7 host the first round with winners and highest remaining seeds hosting round 2.

Anything can happen from here on, but our chances are beginning to look pretty dim.

Default Re: UL-69 USA-73

Yeah, our chances at making The Top 28 are slim to none. Hey, maybe next year we will get that State Championship Ring!!! "Cajuns WIN STATE in 2008"

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns vs USA

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna
    The understanding I have from BoP is that the Cajuns must finish 7th in conference standings to host an elimination game or finish 11th just to play in an elimination game.

The top three teams get a bye into the four team tourney in the Dome and the next eight play for the fourth spot.

So I would assume seeds 4 - 7 host the first round with winners and highest remaining seeds hosting round 2.

Anything can happen from here on, but our chances are beginning to look pretty dim.
    stiff upper lip.

Z.

UL Basketball Re: UL-69 USA-73

i don't know what team you peopleare watching. The team i watched last night, walked to the scorers table when being checked in. They walked back to the bench during time outs. When coach lee would correct them they would cock their head with an attitude like he did'nt know what he was talking about. They don't even acknowledge each other when subbing in for one another. This team has no chemistry and to be quite honest i don't think they even really like each other. They are always arguing about who's fault it was for the bad pass. I think the talent is their for the future but Lee better start getting these guys to listen and play together or we will never and i mean never be able to close basketball games. talent will only get you so far at this level. I know its hard to keep playing when you are losing. but if these guys are character guys like lee said this should not be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    i don't know what team you peopleare watching. The team i watched last night, walked to the scorers table when being checked in. They walked back to the bench during time outs. When coach lee would correct them they would cock their head with an attitude like he did'nt know what he was talking about. They don't even acknowledge each other when subbing in for one another. This team has no chemistry and to be quite honest i don't think they even really like each other. They are always arguing about who's fault it was for the bad pass. I think the talent is their for the future but Lee better start getting these guys to listen and play together or we will never and i mean never be able to close basketball games. talent will only get you so far at this level. I know its hard to keep playing when you are losing. but if these guys are character guys like lee said this should not be a problem
    You hit that right on the money Crazy Cajun. I just wish everyone else would open their eyes to the situation. They DO have talent, but talent alone will not win too many ball games. They must develop some sort of Chemistry when taking the court. Only time will tell with this squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Doyle
    Yeah, our chances at making The Top 28 are slim to none. Hey, maybe next year we will get that State Championship Ring!!! "Cajuns WIN STATE in 2008"
    D we could never win the hs state championship shooting that eye opening 30 something % from the line

Default Re: Cajuns-Jags

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90
    4-14! I'm not a big basketball person so I don't know. Is this one of the worst starts in basketball? When I was a student we always had pretty good teams.
    The 1995 team had a 7 and 22 record. After 19 games, the record is similar to what we have today. 1995 was also a rebuilding year as several new people joined the squad that year. The next year, we had a winning season (16 and 13) with few additions from the previous year. Therefore, as 2007 compares to 1995, 2008 will compare to 1996. I believe 2008 will see an improvement similar to what occured in 1996. The difference between 2008 and what occured in 1996 is that we will bring in additional talent in 2008. Recall we have a transfer, an early signee, and four guys sitting out to earn eligibility already lined up for next year. Mouton will be our only significant loss.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna

All 10 conference teams who do not get a bye will play a first round tournament game. 10 teams means 5 games. The five winners of that early round will join the three teams with byes at the CajunDome for the quarter finals. Regarding last night, the illness Dees had did greatly affect his play.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns67
    D we could never win the hs state championship shooting that eye opening 30 something % from the line
    You are very correct Cajuns67 about the 30% from the line. Sort of reminds me of Babb's passer rating during football. All we need is for Lee to move "Big Game" James over to the PG position, this would allow our offense to get into some type of rythmn. THEN we would be able to consistently put up an average of 33.2 points per game.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    I was saying the exact same thing to my girlfriend last night. These guys aren't hustling up and down the court. They don't hustle on or off the court, they have some bad attitudes and there is no chemistry. The other thing that I told her was that I don't think that we ran one offensive play last night in which more than 3 people were moving. 3 people moving was the most I ever saw! How are you going to create open looks when no one is moving? USA constantly had open shots because they always had 4 and 5 guys moving at once. If Mouton wouldn't have been on fire last night, we would have lost by 30! I know what Lee can do when he has talent. I saw what we did against Louisville. I'know we don't have that level of talent this year, but we should still have more wins. It's almost as if our team gets tired running up and down court and they think that when they are on offense its their chance to take a breather. No!! You have to move to score!! Adam James is a senior, so he's about as developed as he's going to get. He's not going to turn the corner over night and he hasn't showed me much in the last 3 years. We're mid way through the season, it's time to play the players that will help you win, it's too late keep hoping players like James will have a breakout game.

I know it sounds like I'm being hard on James but I just don't think he's got it in him. James is averaging like 1 point per game! That's a free throw per game. If we feel we have to keep a big man in the game at all times then let Valentino play as much as possible, he's more athletic (jumps higher, and can move faster than James), he blocks shots, he actually holds on to rebounds!, and he contributes more points than James. The other thing I've noticed is that Val commits good fouls. He fouls when he has to unlike James. I think you've got to go with the guys that give you the best chance to win. You can't keep getting leads then taking those guys out and losing the lead.

I'm not ready to scream for Lee's head yet. But I need to see some better effort from the players, and some better play calling and more importantly, better execution of the plays called. This team needs some voluntary (mandatory) workouts and endurance conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat

Speaking of not quitting.did anyone catch the Texas/Ok State game? Awsome.
    Talk about a great game. Durant for Texas is amazing hard to believe he is only a freshman.

Our free throw shooting is like Shaq trying to shoot a bee-bee into a coke bottle.just aint happinin man!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25
    Our free throw shooting is like Shaq trying to shoot a bee-bee into a coke bottle.just aint happinin man!!!!!!!!!!

Kind of like Big_S trying to catch a pass on the Post Pattern. Short Extremeties will get you every time!!!

14. UL Basketball Struggling Ragin' Cajuns seek road win

Something has to give tonight.

UL's men's basketball team hasn't won on the road this season, taking a string of 10 straight losses into today's 7 p.m. Sun Belt Conference battle at Middle Tennessee.

MT's Blue Raiders haven't won a league game at home, losing at the Murphy Center to UL Monroe, Western Kentucky, Troy and Arkansas State.

One of those streaks will end, and UL coach Robert Lee is hoping beyond hope that it's his team that finally breaks through.

"Any win gives you confidence," Lee said, "but we really need to win one away from home. We've had a couple of chances and let them get away."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Struggling Ragin' Cajuns seek road win

This is bad, very bad!!!

I will be the first to say it!!!

Coach Lee is done.

How could he let Cajun Basketball get to this low!!!

I was just talking to my friend and he said remember when we could talk trash about our basketball team and how they go to the NCAA's or postseason every other year. Well we have nothing to talk about. The stands are empty, we have lost our tradition.

ULM's first year in the Belt and they are first in the west, which we usually dominant year in and year out.

This is bad very bad!!!

Time to start looking for a new coach.

Look guys I am a cajun fan until I die, But this coach is just not working out.

Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst . 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 52 . LastLast

Thread Information