Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst . 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2006-2007 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

UL Basketball Re: Where's MIAMI CAJUN this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico
    1 positive. Just 1, dawg.

L'Ronte'

He is in Florida at the NCAA meeting, poor Barry is still upset that he was found to be a liar. He be protesting those findings.

Default Re: vs. ULM

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Who knows off hand what the Warhawks road record is again? I think it is something like 4-12!

But yes that is 3 conference wins in a row!!! These young men are really coming together and playing like a team that loves playing defense and is very unselfish with the ball!

I met up with 7 members of the team after the game and told them they played great and that maybe Coach Lee may need to stay in Florida a little longer, I smiled and said no but he has to be proud of you all.

DaddyCajun

ps Really hope these young men continue to play as a team, play BIG man up D, and unselfish O, thoughout the remainder of the season and thoughout the Sun Belt Tourney!!! WHO KNOW's!!!
    the warhawks are leading the western divisionat 10-5 conf. record

This is so COOL Re: vs. ULM

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    the warhawks are leading the western divisionat 10-5 conf. record
    I get the feeling that the chickenHAWKS will be ending the season at 10-9, they have been exposed over and over again. The chickenHAWKS are without doubt the worst 10-5 team I have ever seen.

and as far as the future goes, they have one senior and he averages 4 points a gamethey cant win on the road, just like most of the other teams in the Sunbelt.if you had been at the game in Monroe where they beat the Cajuns by 29 you probably would have a different opinion of them.

Quote Originally Posted by fleaux
    and as far as the future goes, they have one senior and he averages 4 points a gamethey cant win on the road, just like most of the other teams in the Sunbelt.if you had been at the game in Monroe where they beat the Cajuns by 29 you probably would have a different opinion of them.
    Get real fleaux. they beat the cajuns by 19. UL pounded ulm@lr@moanroe 29 in Lafayette.

Give our best to that pr*ck Scelfo.

L'Ronte'

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: vs. ULM

Quote Originally Posted by fleaux
    No, my opinion was being formed prior to this game, it only confirmed it. I saw their road weakness when they lost to Denver at Denver.

It is a major problem for them, not being able to win on the road. I made a mistake, I think. I thought they had won by 29 in Monroe, but someone else corrected me. I still think the future is bright for both of these teams.

Default Re: Where's MIAMI CAJUN this morning?

1 positive. Just 1, dawg.

L'Ronte'
    I have been a big Cajuns fan for about 27 years. So a win is a very positive thing for me. With that said, I am not going to be excited about an 8-18 record no matter if the Cajuns had just beaten the Florida Gators.

One win or one loss does not really affect the overall performance of the program. Seems like the Cajuns are starting to figure out how to win sunbelt games.

I would not be shocked if we made a serious run in the conference tourney.

However, 8-18 is 8-18 no matter how you slice it. Inconsistent play is inconsistent play. But it does seem like the Cajuns are on a bit of a roll in sunbelt play and I hope it continues.

Who knows? It is not out of the realm of possibilities for this team to win 3 games at home come tourney time. :-)

If you notice, most of my posts are simply responses to other posters being negative towards me or posters thinking that Cajuns basketball tradition does not mean anything. My last series of posts was started by a comment that we should not be playing a team like Charlotte, which really irritated me. Since when is a Cajuns basketball team out of its league against a nothing special conference USA team?

The sunbelt is very poor now in basketball. It was a much better conference in basketball up until the past few years. A first step to turning things around is figuring out how to win against sunbelt teams that have less talent than Cajuns. But that should have been going on earlier in the year.

The only way to salvage the season is to win the conference tourney and then somehow not get blown out too bad in NCAA first round. Maybe that will get some momentum going for next year and perhaps the more experience Lee gets the better coach he will be, especially if players keep buying into his system, which perhaps they will if the season ends on high note.

I wil always be happy to see a win. Just don't get so excited about 8-18 please. Perhaps you should read up on your Cajuns basketball history.

UL Basketball UL@Denver Game Posts & Info

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    I hear ya L'Ronte'. I am LMAO. I think if you write a book hammering on "your favorite school" every time they suffer a loss, then you should show up and throw a bone when they blow out ANY team, for WHATEVER reason. I know it flies in the face of the guaranteed demise of the program theory. but come on? Toss a compliment and then roll into the dissertation on how much they suck regardless.
    I did not even know the score until just now, was out of the country on a business trip I was pleasantly surprised to see the blow out result, although I did think they would win as they have started to win against the sunbelt, especially at home.

Take a look at my posts going back a few years and you might be surprised

8-18 is still 8-18 though. 9-18 is not much better but I think it will happen. With a little luck, Cajuns will avoid 20 loss season which is important step back to competitive play.

Quote Originally Posted by miamicajun32
    I did not even know the score until just now, was out of the country on a business trip I was pleasantly surprised to see the blow out result, although I did think they would win as they have started to win against the sunbelt, especially at home.

8-18 is still 8-18 though. 9-18 is not much better but I think it will happen. With a little luck, Cajuns will avoid 20 loss season which is important step back to competitive play.
    If you go to the game Thursday vs. FIU, make sure you come up and say hello.

Doubleheader. Men play first at 530 (Eastern Time)

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

My follow to LRonte was just having some fun. I understand your concerns about Cajuns MBB. It used to be 20 win seasons were pretty much expected, and then it was all about winning the conf tourney and where we went from there. I do believe you are as good a fan as anyone. The fact that you write substantial doom articles following the losses does stir it up a bit. Albeit, you have made it very clear that you are unimpressed by Sunbelt wins, against lowly competition, and you are upset by our program not targeting NBAish talent (coupled with Lee's inabililty to coach and recruit correctly). I am not opposed to trying this current approach. This is not the year, IMHO, to judge nor predict its outcome.

Sorry for smartaxx post prior. I like to banter with true fans on here, and would rather just get the same back, rather than have anyone ever take it out on the Cajuns.

Gents, it is all tongue in cheek. There is no doubt Miami is a fan. I just took the opportunity to rag on him a bit. I hope he sees the humor in it all.

L'Ronte'
    Miami, it was all tongue in cheek. Did you even read the prior post? I re-posted above just for you.

L'Ronte'

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Where's MIAMI CAJUN this morning?

I have been a big Cajuns fan for about 27 years. So a win is a very positive thing for me. With that said, I am not going to be excited about an 8-18 record no matter if the Cajuns had just beaten the Florida GatorsJust don't get so excited about 8-18 please. Perhaps you should read up on your Cajuns basketball history.

You wouldn't get excited about a win over the Florida Gators? Are you serious? It's really becoming difficult to take you serious.and I'm not speaking tongue and cheek! In one breath you state that you've been a Cajun fan for 27 years.later you state that you wouldn't get excited if the "struggling" Cajuns beat the best team in the Country? You have got to be kidding meMan.you don't make any sense to me! Either your a true fan or not.you need to make up your mind! Quit trying to justify your negativity directed towards the program.please!

Miami, it was all tongue in cheek. Did you even read the prior post? I re-posted above just for you.

L'Ronte'
    No problem Thanks. I only read first post yesterday and responded. I certainly want the Cajuns to win. I am a big fan. I am not like the few posteers on this board that really seem to pull against the Cajuns and gloat when things go bad. Let's see if the Cajuns can continue this roll against sunbelt and win the tourney at home. It would not be shocking to happen Surprising yes, but it is not unreasonable to think about.

Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst . 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 . LastLast

Thread Information