Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst . 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2006-2007 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Default Re: vs. ULM

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I have been changing a toilet tonight (what fun) so it is refreshing to see the Ragin' Cajuns playing at a level high above where I have been.
    LOL! I did that for the first time a few a months ago. Did you have to change the flange? That is more fun than most people can handle. Nice to see the Cajuns flush ULM down the drain and we didn't drop a well you know.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Who knows off hand what the Warhawks road record is again? I think it is something like 4-12!

But yes that is 3 conference wins in a row!!! These young men are really coming together and playing like a team that loves playing defense and is very unselfish with the ball!

I met up with 7 members of the team after the game and told them they played great and that maybe Coach Lee may need to stay in Florida a little longer, I smiled and said no but he has to be proud of you all.

DaddyCajun

ps Really hope these young men continue to play as a team, play BIG man up D, and unselfish O, thoughout the remainder of the season and thoughout the Sun Belt Tourney!!! WHO KNOW's!!!
    Last week, I had posted something about not getting too high on these guys yet, and i still stress this. Let's just enjoy the ride, and enjoy watching these guys grow. But, I also posted something a month or two ago about Robert Lee. It was about the time when the guys couldn't do anything right and were in a huge skid, and none of us "coaches" knew what to do about it. I suggested that he take the "labor" out of playing and bring back the "fun" in playing, like he did last year, which resulted in a little run towards the end.

I am not sure what actions he has taken, if he just started letting them play a little more, or if he stayed on them really hard and they are just learning really quickly, or if he did nothing and chemistry and experience are starting to take shape. But, something has changed. these guys are playing as a team. there are three freshmen who are making huge contributions. they are playing good defense, and they scored 85 points last night. And this is happening for the second year in a row. In the paper, Rennie B. said robert wrote the script and they followed it. I think that for those that said that robert wasn't D1 quality or that he needed to go back the being an assistant, need to really think about this. I am not saying he is the best coach in Cajun history, yet, but he IS good. We will certainly see how he can build on this next year, but i think we really have a diamond in the rough here.

One thing his detractors always say is "Well, I know he is a nice guy but he is a bad coach"."We can't just keep him becasue we like his personality".etc. but, just like we really like him, and we like his intensity, and we like his personality, so do his players, and they love to play for him.

Default Where's Miami Cajun this morning?

1 positive. Just 1, dawg.

L'Ronte'

Default Re: Where's MIAMI CAJUN this morning?

i was wondering the same thing! he and a few others, come take your medicine! looks like these guys are starting to come around. its amazing what a little patience will do. i hate to say it.wait, no i don't, i was right!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico
    1 positive. Just 1, dawg.

L'Ronte'

The paper said UL had over 50 points in the paint with a strong inside game. That may be the key. We can't seem to shoot 3 pointers, so why not play strong defense, create fast break opportunities, and work the ball inside more? It looks like thats what they did and look at the outcome.

Gents, it is all tongue in cheek. There is no doubt Miami is a fan. I just took the opportunity to rag on him a bit. I hope he sees the humor in it all.

L'Ronte'

Gents, it is all tongue in cheek. There is no doubt Miami is a fan. I just took the opportunity to rag on him a bit. I hope he sees the humor in it all.

L'Ronte'
    I am down. I am just trying to give him, and all the others a hard time. Him especially, becasue of all those short stories he was making us read earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Land Cajun
    The paper said UL had over 50 points in the paint with a strong inside game. That may be the key. We can't seem to shoot 3 pointers, so why not play strong defense, create fast break opportunities, and work the ball inside more? It looks like thats what they did and look at the outcome.
    SugarLand,

We had so many points in the paint because Monroe had no baseline D. Give and Go. Give and Go. Give and Go. We saw plenty of that last night.

Adam James played like an animal last night. Good to see him step it up.

and I must say that it feels like order and balance has been returned to "the Force"

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    What really helped the offense alot was ULMs total lack of defense on the baseline.
    Le Cage Aux Squawks saw the future of SBC basketball last night.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: vs. ULM

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    Thing was, their press wasn't that great. What really helped the offense alot was ULMs total lack of defense on the baseline. We were doing the old give and go down low all night.

Best 40 mins of Cajun ball this season and it couldn't have happened at a better time.

Cajuns now improve their home win streak against Monroe to 22 and 38-16 overall.
    Someone kick me in the butt. I was going and procrastinated. Man, I would have loved to see that. How many of these guys are returning next year. I think James and Mouton are Seniors right. For those who went, I am sure you thoroughly enjoyed that game. Geaux Cajuns

UL Basketball Re: Where's MIAMI CAJUN this morning?

I ate my crow - feathers, feet and all - and loved it!!!!

What's really scarey is that in-so-far as The General goes, I am beginning to believe you folks may not be as FANatical as you sound sometimes.

Don't ya just love winning!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Land Cajun
    We got lots of inside buckets last night because ULM has no size. That's not the case for every opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna
    I ate my crow - feathers, feet and all - and loved it!!!!

What's really scarey is that in-so-far as The General goes, I am beginning to believe you folks may not be as FANatical as you sound sometimes.

Don't ya just love winning!
    No, not crow. You enjoyed a steaming bowl of Warhawk Gumbo.

They are now exposed. 12-0 home means nothing when you are 2-13 on the road.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

L'Ronte'
    I hear ya L'Ronte'. I am LMAO. I think if you write a book hammering on "your favorite school" every time they suffer a loss, then you should show up and throw a bone when they blow out ANY team, for WHATEVER reason. I know it flies in the face of the guaranteed demise of the program theory. but come on? Toss a compliment and then roll into the dissertation on how much they suck regardless.

Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst . 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 . LastLast

Thread Information