Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2006-2007 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2006-2007 Basketball team ?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    F - Jonathan Leopaul 6'5 210lbs

Leopaul seems undersized for his position but his rebounding #'s are eye catching. I can take an undersized power forward if he plays with the intensity of another undersized power forward we had (Brian Hamilton)

Thanks for the head's up info Clutch! Here are some nice photo's of this fella in action!

http://www.news-journal.com/blogs/co./08/index.html

G - Brandon Dison 6'5 170lbs
    I don't know if I'm gonna get my hopes up on this guy!

"Dison, who recanted an earlier commitment to Louisiana-Lafayette, is being recruited by Tulane, USC and Texas A&M, although he lacks both grades and a test score to be eligible next season. Dison has daily tutoring sessions to try to help overcome the deficit."

See: http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.2258224750.xml

Default Re: 2006-2007 Basketball team ?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    I don't know if I'm gonna get my hopes up on this guy!

"Dison, who recanted an earlier commitment to Louisiana-Lafayette, is being recruited by Tulane, USC and Texas A&M, although he lacks both grades and a test score to be eligible next season. Dison has daily tutoring sessions to try to help overcome the deficit."

See: http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.2258224750.xml

I don't know exactly how many scholorships we have to offer but we need big guys and he isn't a big guy so I'm not to concerned. If we have 3 scholorships to give I like what I have read about G - Hatcher,F - Hubbard, and F - Payne. Also I like Courtney Wallace and Leopaul but if I had to pick I would take Wallace simply because he would be a freshmen. But like i said I don't know how many scholorhips we have so big men should be the first concern

I don't know exactly how many scholorships we have to offer but we need big guys and he isn't a big guy so I'm not to concerned. If we have 3 scholorships to give I like what I have read about G - Hatcher,F - Hubbard, and F - Payne. Also I like Courtney Wallace and Leopaul but if I had to pick I would take Wallace simply because he would be a freshmen. But like i said I don't know how many scholorhips we have so big men should be the first concern

Keep the info coming Clutch!

I like the three forwards in Wallace, Hubbard, and "bring da' pain" Payne!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    Keep the info coming Clutch!

I like the three forwards in Wallace, Hubbard, and "bring da' pain" Payne!
    I am trying to find as much info as I can and if I find anything else I post it.

UL Basketball Re: Basketball team next year?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun
    James played in a couple of games his freshman year then he sustained a back injury. A player does not apply or get granted a medical redshirt until after his Senior year. At least that is the way I understand it.
    Thanks for the info I hope you are right, and hope James gets another year.!

DaddyCajun

Interesting to note that no one seems to be talking about our starting point guard this year, Rhett Hebert. Like it or not, he has been the starter in 8/13 wins for the Cajuns this year! I know he may not be the most talented or athletic guy out there.but he's the starter until proven otherwise. Granted, that doesn't mean he'll play significant minutes, but he starts.

8. UL Basketball Re: 2006-2007 Basketball team ?

Looking forward to watching Mark Cooke play. In an interview Coach Lee called him the best player in the sunbelt not yet to hit the court.

UL Basketball Re: 2006-2007 Basketball team ?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCager
    Looking forward to watching Mark Cooke play. In an interview Coach Lee called him the best player in the sunbelt not yet to hit the court.
    He is still in good standing is he not? Did not hear General Lee speak about Marcqee Cooke!

DaddyCajun

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    He is still in good standing is he not? Did not hear General Lee speak about Marcqee Cooke!

DaddyCajun
    I understand Cooke won't be part of the squad next year. We did recruit two freshman point guards who are highly thought of.

11. Default Re: 2006-2007 Basketball team ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    I understand Cooke won't be part of the squad next year. We did recruit two freshman point guards who are highly thought of.
    What? Mark just signed eight months ago how can he be gone already?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCager
    What? Mark just signed eight months ago how can he be gone already?
    garbage.

UL Basketball Re: 2006-2007 Basketball team ?

I understood from Robert Lee's interview recently on Jays show was he was expecting Cooke to be the best player in the Sun Belt not to play in a league game yet.

Jay, help?

That certainly wasn't from a recent interview.

Cooke was not asked to come back.

what happened with cooke? do we know why he won't be back? man, i know we've never seen him suit up for the cajuns, but from everything we've heard its kinda disheartening to know he won't be back.

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information